2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 10 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
mr super-hunky - whoa! that was lush and beautiful! You are really sounding great!

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
SH- Great version of that piece. You gave it a great feeling.

Rickster- that sounds like a standard. You got a winner there.

Happy holidays all! I was just going through a bunch of these posts and got big smiles on my face over and over - nice job all!

In the spirit of Christmas I wanted to share a quick vid I did for my newsletter a few weeks ago. It gives away some nice chord changes to Jingle Bells that, after listening to some of these posts, should be right up everyone's alley.

In constantly being sensitive to not pitching stuff here in the forums, this link just goes to a generic page (vs. my website) and I'm pretty sure I don't mention any products in the vid so I think I'm OK giving this one to you guys as "little present" for the holidays.

(Frank, if it's not OK just take it down. I'm fine with whatever ... just thought it would be fun for Christmas coming up.)

here's the link to the vid:
Hip Jingle Bells Chord Changes

Host and Co-Executive Producer of the 7 time Emmy award winning public television series: The Piano Guy
www.scotthouston.com www.playpianoinaflash.com
L
L
angelojf: great job doing o little town of Bethlehem smile
Barb, that was a really nice duet to listen too that you played with your mom!
icekid: liked yours also! very creative
Elssa: nice videos as always!
Vik: enjoyed listening to yours as well!
Rickster: great job on composing that song!Im sure everyone will love it
mr sh: Amazing arrangement smile
scott: creative way for changing the jingle bells chords. I'll have to try it!

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the comments, Ladypayne, Peyton, Bill, mom3gram and all!

And, Scott, that was a great training video on the fancy cords for Jinglebells! I enjoy all your training videos!

Take care,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
L
L
Here's another christmas submission from me. Hope ya all didn't forget about that somewhat annoying song everyone sings at schools for choir etc :P Or at least I always thought it was kind of annoying haha..
We Wish you a Merry Christmas!

Video:
http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/...view&current=WeWishyouaMerryXmas.flv

mp3
http://www.box.net/shared/ep48e11dbi

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Scott The Piano Guy
Happy holidays all! I was just going through a bunch of these posts and got big smiles on my face over and over - nice job all!

In the spirit of Christmas I wanted to share a quick vid I did for my newsletter a few weeks ago. It gives away some nice chord changes to Jingle Bells that, after listening to some of these posts, should be right up everyone's alley.

In constantly being sensitive to not pitching stuff here in the forums, this link just goes to a generic page (vs. my website) and I'm pretty sure I don't mention any products in the vid so I think I'm OK giving this one to you guys as "little present" for the holidays.

(Frank, if it's not OK just take it down. I'm fine with whatever ... just thought it would be fun for Christmas coming up.)

Happy Holidays Scott!

Seems OK to me and thank you very much for posting this. I will have to give this a go later this week. I'd love to also get something similar (and simple) for the good old Classic "The Christmas Song".

I'm also very chuffed that you come on here and share these things with us thumb

- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Scott The Piano Guy

Scott- Those were fun!! Give more!! smile

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
nadirfend

I found your post as fascinating to watch as to listen to. What great imagination. You have a wonderful gift, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed these very much.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Scott
Enjoyed watching your chord construction of "Jingle Bells"
Looking forward to trying this one. Thanks!

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
MR. SH
Great playing "Christmas Time" I don't know which is better your ear or your piano! They make a wonderful pairing.

Elssa
Thanks for the Sleigh Ride...I had fun!

Ladypayne
Thanks for the Merry Christmas Wish, I enjoyed listening.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Hi, Scott - I laughed all the way thru the Jingle Bells. I won't remember the exact chords, but it'll make my experimenting crazier yet - which is good, really, it's good! I can hardly wait to try out more minors and then major 7ths instead of dominants. Thanks for the smiles this morning.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
N
N
Carl Mc - Thanks for watching/listening... and for your kind comment(s) - I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I've been having *BIG* fun using these 'string methods' (see: Henry Cowell, etc.), and combining/looping them with the computer, in a 'live' presentation. - It's very much like walking on eggs sometime... But I'm learning to wear soft shoes as I proceed down this path... smile

--------------------------
Ferdinand Maisel
Playing the piano for nearly 40 years, and STILL in wonder...!
web: - http://ferdinandmaisel.com
facebook: - "inside the piano"
twitter: - @insidethepiano
"Music is the often resolved, yet never solved, puzzle."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Working on O Come O Come Emmanuel from Bastien's Christmas Book 4. Some very unnatural jumps for me, and it's been very slow going, but I'll get something posted in the next week or so.

Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
It's good to see everyone getting along so well. I just got off the company's union forum and I needed to escape to make sure that the world isn't coming to an end. smile

Mr. S-H, good job on Christmas Time is here. I think I remember that from a couple of years back. Ladypayne, I liked your piece...it sounds like a clock playing.

I just recorded another video and I'm going to take my Best Buy rewards and cash them in for a new video camera, because the quality is terrible. I hope you can look past that. I'm a big fan of Vince Guaraldi, so here's another one. Christmas Song from the Charlie Brown Christmas Album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaAqH6F17tI&feature=player_embedded

I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.
OK, I heard the "jazzy jingle bells" I posted a few days ago was a little tough for some of you. For you beginners, here's 3 sequential lessons to get you playing a very passable version of Silent Night by next week's holiday.

If this gets any of you playing Silent Night in the next few days - post it here! Let's hear it!

Have fun! smile

If you want a lead sheet in the key I am playing it you can get one here:
PDF of Silent Night Lead Sheet

Lesson 1:
[video:youtube]S92NCty07vY[/video]

Lesson 2:
[video:youtube]suBM3t_jwVo[/video]

Lesson 3:
[video:youtube]KN1ar7XPP3Q[/video]

Host and Co-Executive Producer of the 7 time Emmy award winning public television series: The Piano Guy
www.scotthouston.com www.playpianoinaflash.com
S
S
I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Christmas songs posted here. Just out of curiosity, what do you all use to record video? The recordings are pretty good quality, without any background noise (and some recordings are clear without any editing). Does a normal web camera suffice, or a normal camera, or do I need to invest in a camcorder?

-------------------------------------------
http://www21.brinkster.com/scmay
Part-time Private Piano Teacher

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
icekid
Good one! Very nice job with the Christmas Song classic.

L
L
to scmay: i just use a regular digital camera for mine. Nothing to special, then I use a freecorder toolbar which you can get for free off the net and I use the record audio button to get my audio mp3 from my video and load it up to box.net :P pretty simple and inexpensive way of doing it. Or I'm sure you can invest in more expensive ways to record your videos if you want really good quality stuff.

I just bought a Pure Digital Ultra HD with my Best Buy rewards card and I re-recorded the Charlie Brown Christmas song this evening. I think this one may be a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyRRdxb87iw

I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission