2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, 12 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
Hello,

I am new on here, and haven't played piano for a few years but want to get back into it, and I've noticed Adagio digital pianos, but haven't actually played one of these.
I am just wondering if anyone on here owns on or has experience with one, if you can tell me quality, sound, in your opinion if they are any good or to steer clear of them.
Any help appreicated!

Thank you
Anna

G
G
Guess not many people know about this brand and so no replies till now? I've never heard of this brand either.

Think it's always wiser to go with the major brands since they have a good and running track record.

Casio, Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Kawai, GEM are definately better choices!

Just my 2cents

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Their website lists one contact: sales. There are no contacts for technical support or customer service.
They list no dealer network.
They indicate the details of the warranty are on the warranty card. Doesn't sound good.

I ditto the idea to stick with major brands, or some brand that is well known down under.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I think most of those obscure branded pianos come from the same factory in China and are "Stencilled", I made the mistake of buying one because the sales blurb was convincing and it was cheap, I kept it 6 months and was lucky to get just half the price I paid for it. I subsequently bought a Roland HP-101e which is just an entry level piano but it sounds and feels a thousand times better than the "El Cheapo" one I had before, and with a little haggling it didn't cost much more either.

S
S
Are they good?
IMO... no.

Representing Shigeru Kawai, Kawai, Hailun, Pearl River, Kawai Digital Pianos, Samick Digitals, Roland Digitals, & Lowrey Organs
St. Louis Metro Area
www.lacefieldmusic.com
find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lacefieldmusic
K
K
We purchased the Adagio Piano from Costco and have had nothing but problems. The unit came with a squeaky pedal and the keyboard had many sticking keys. Finally after 3 months Adagio had the keyboard replaced. The new keyboard is so stiff it is almost impossible to play. We have returned it to Costco.

DO NOT BUY THIS PIANO!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A first time piano buyer would be wise to buy from the "big three", Yamaha, Roland, and Korg, as these companies stand behind their product.

Casio and Kawai are also well known brands.

In Yamaha and Kawai's case, they make acoustic pianos, so they have greater insight and knowledge about how a piano should sound and respond.

As has been said previously, Adagio is quite probably a "stencil" piano...in other words, they are made by one company, but are labeled (stenciled) and sold as different brands by other companies.

Casio use to make keyboards for Radio Shack(now called "The Source") , who then put their Realistic logo on them. Casio also made instruments for Hohner as well.

The "stenciled" instruments go all the way back to parlor organs and upright pianos.

Thank you, Kenny LLL, for making us aware of the Adagio, and for the warning.

It will be passed on to other forums.

Snazzy

Semper Gumby: Always flexible \:^)
B
B
Buyer Beware!!!

These are likely to be cheap, generic chinese made pianos. I've heard quite a few complaints on this forum about lousy service, customer support, warranty along with an inferior instrument.

You pay for what you get.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission