2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
in Japan, how long do I have to wait for it to show up in the States? I think just the PHA-III action and V-Piano features alone have me sold, plus the demo sound is pretty impressive.

T
T
I heard it was September 2010. I believe there's a thread on these boards somewhere about it. Sucks for me, I just bought the HP207 yesterday. :P

P
P
TheGlassPassenger, just enjoy your new piano and don't think "I could have waited for the 307". If you waited for the 307, then 2 or 3 years later Roland would come up with the 407, and so on and so on. Just enjoy the HP207 knowing you bought one of the finest digital pianos available and one that will give you many hours of happiness for the years to come.

Anyway, from what I've read the difference between the 207 and 307 is not that much. Basically the 307 has the PHAIII keyboard instead of the PHAII of the 207, but I've read somewhere that the difference is barely noticeable (the Roland V-Piano already has the PHAIII keyboard). Apart from that, the sound is expected to be a little better, but it seems that the price will also be higher.

I wouldn't wait almost a year for a replacement that will be an evolution rather than a revolution.

Best regards.

Last edited by PianoPeter73; 12/04/09 10:36 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Sucks for me, I just bought the HP207 yesterday. :P

Not really, there's always going to be a bigger, better product around the corner - that's the nature of any technology-driven industry.

While it may not be quite as good as the latest and greatest model, your HP-207 is still an excellent instrument, and will undoubtedly bring you many years of enjoyment.

Cheers,
James
x

EDIT: PianoPeter73 beat me to it by just one minute!

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
M
GlassPassenger, I believe you are referring to my remark in the thread "preview of 2010 Roland products" (or something like that) which is based on the wild guess of my local piano dealer here in Germany, so it's no reliable source, just a guess. I would guess it to be a bit earlier in some bigger stores, but then again I don't really know what I'm talking about ^^

And since it has been mentioned (twice in just one minute laugh ): Wouldn't you think, that by buying a V-Piano I would, in a way, bypass that "better product around the corner" issue since the V-Piano already is a quantum leap forward with its modelling technology? I mean, I can't see it getting much better unless they build it into a nice Case with speakers akin to the AvantGrand N3 (probably raising the price to somehting akin to the AvantGrand N3...). That was at least my impression.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Masume
I mean, I can't see it getting much better unless they build it into a nice Case with speakers akin to the AvantGrand N3 (probably raising the price to somehting akin to the AvantGrand N3...). That was at least my impression.

I think the V-Piano is aimed at an entirely different market, and, personally, I can see several improvements needed already.

First and foremost, would be easier access to the alternate sounds.

Secondly, there should be pitch and modulation wheels or a bender lever...it's such a waste to have a very nice keyboard without basic controller functions. It is a stage piano.

Thirdly, and as stated on another thread, the panel layout is terrible, with a poor user interface, and a pitifully sized screen...unfortunately, this can't be totally fixed by a OS upgrade.

The concept of the V-Piano is brilliant...it execution appears to be rather poorly thought out....what were they thinking?

Of course, t'is my opinion....your mileage may vary.

Snazzy

Semper Gumby: Always flexible \:^)
T
T
I was kidding. :P If I were one to purchase the best and most up to date, I would have gone for the Yamaha. Honestly. Who cares? 207 907. It's got keys and I can fit it in my tiny living room, I'm happy with that. laugh

M
M
In Australia it's supposed to be early next year (2010) according to an estimate from a local dealer

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by PianoPeter73
... from what I've read the difference between the 207 and 307 is not that much. Basically the 307 has the PHAIII keyboard instead of the PHAII of the 207, but I've read somewhere that the difference is barely noticeable (the Roland V-Piano already has the PHAIII keyboard).

Last weekend the store I was in had the V-Piano and an Roland RD700GX available to demo. There was not quite a line of customers wanting to play them so I could try both. The RD700 has the "PHA II Ivory feel with escapement" keys and the v-piano has PHA III. Both were more money then I wanted to spend but given a bigger budget I'd buy the RD700GX. I think, maybe the v-piano had physically longer keys with slightly different amount of pressure required.

I didn't think the v-piano had better sound, it has adjustable sound but the RD700 has many different pianos, several different grands, some uprights and each of those can be "tweaked". That is already more than most people would use unless they are working in a recording studio. Same with the keys, I don't know if the new ones are better id just different

M
M
The RD700GX's Piano sound is comparable to the HP-207 or LX-10 Homepianos, isn't it? Because if so, I couldn't disagree with you more. I have compared V-Piano and LX-10. When trying to play expressively there is absolutely no comparison. The V-Piano responds to the slightest difference in your touch with appropriate changes in sound, especially when playing softly/quietly, while with the LX-10... well... does not.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission