2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone,

I started a thread over at the digital piano forum but I also wanted to let everyone here know about a website that I've put up. Although I tend to spend more time playing with digital pianos and various music-related software I can still appreciate the acoustic side of things and everything that goes along with trying to get a good recording from your acoustic piano. Also, as someone who started playing the piano as an adult, I really can appreciate how difficult it is sometimes to find outlets for your music.

The recitals and piano bars here are an excellent way to share music with others so I can't emphasis enough that I'm not trying to compete with those but rather give people another way to share their music and knowledge with others as well as learn from what others are doing. Recital #16 seemed to be another great success and I'd like to extend my kudos to everyone who contributed. I wish I would of had the time to submit a piece myself but I was working on this website. If you've contributed to a recital or just have a recording of your music and would like to share more specific information about how you made your recording, check out my website and see what you think. Here's the link:

BlackGrand.com

Yamaha U3 SH2
Roland RD-800

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Looks very impressive! I didn't recognize your login name (you've changed it, right?), but when I went to your website and started playing some of the pieces you've uploaded, I recognized "His Gift" immediately. heart Absolutely beautiful piece. I also appreciated reading the more detailed information on the recording methods.

Good luck with your venture! smile

Hi,

I visited your website and your digital piano recordings are very good. I’m like Monica, I was impressed!

Thanks for sharing!

Best regards!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you both for visiting. You both have beautiful pianos. You're more than welcome to submit your favorite recordings. wink

Monica, I know you had a long thread about your experiences with the Zoom Q3 and I wouldn't be trying to recreate that kind of thread on my site but I would be interesteted in accumulating some users experiences with their gear just like your experience with the Q3.

If you're interested in providing a link to a favorite YouTube video of yours and a description of the process you used to get your video made, I'd like to post it.

I realize that most members here can use this forum to pick your brain about these things but I'm thinking in terms of others not familiar with this site who may stumble across mine from a different direction.

I'd also be interested in anyone else's experience with other recording devices.(H2, H4N, etc.) It's one piece of gear I don't own yet and have thought about getting to try my luck at recording my K-3.

Yamaha U3 SH2
Roland RD-800

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission