2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
ANAN Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello,

My older daughter just start her music class and we are looking for a digital piano. (Right now we still use the toy one. frown I have reviewed some other posts regarding the current sale items in Costco. It seems that they are not very good, like the AP-45 and PX-730. Who knows that which model will be on sale in December or even next Jan.? if I don't buy from Costco, which model will be the best choice for beginner?

Thank you in advance.

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Welcome to the forum. Not sure who told you the PX-730 would not be a good choice. I think it would be a good choice and good value for a beginner. I'm not sure why you are restricting yourself to Costco, there are many online dealers that will offer much greater selection. If you have someone to help you, consider a used DP, otherwise you're probably better off buying something new. Not sure of your budget but there are many good choices under $1000. You also don't say if you require a console style like the 730, or if a stage piano would work.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
You might want to cast a wider net and look at a few more brands and retailers. If price is important Casio makes a PX130 that has the same keys and sound as the 730 but at a lower price. There are also much nicer DPs than a 730. You need to figure out what you need and a budget before thinking about specific models. But, yes the 730 woud work for you and it is a decent value but same would be said for 12 other digital pianos

Compare the sound of Yamaha, Casio, Roland and other brands using headphone. They are all different and you may discover you like one more than another. Same with the feel of the keys. They are all different. Not "better" but "different"

Last edited by ChrisA; 11/20/09 02:49 PM.
S
S
The fact that you are listing AP-45 and PX-730 tells me that you most likely live in Canada. If you do, the PX-730 piano is on sale until November 22 so that means you have to buy it right away! If you go to the actual store, you will pay $600 normally listed for $800. If you get it online you will pay $650.

I don't know why you think it's not very good. There are good reviews everywhere. At that price, I don't believe you can get better value. It's recent technology, and everything is good. It's not a $2000 piano, but it is good. See this guy's review on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwJJm7X7-7U
It sounds like the perfect piano for your daughter.

I just got mine today and I'm pretty excited! It's a gift from the family for Christmas and I'm not allowed to open it for a month!

Good luck with your purchase.

Sebastien

O
O
I agree with the above comment about the PX-730. I recently bought the PX-330 for $100 more. I actually don't want the whole console set up but if I did I would be looking at the PX-730 at that price. It sounds like from what Sebastien said it is in the store now. You can probably try it there for yourself.

I don't personally know about other digital pianos. Others here can give you comparisons but I think my 330 is a fine digital piano for a beginner piano player and think the 730 would be as well.
Bob

Last edited by Oolong; 11/20/09 06:05 PM.
A
ANAN Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you so much for all your kindly reply. We bought the PX-730 yesterday at Costco and my daughter was jumping to it after she walked in the house and see the piano. Now the whole family is planning to learn piano.
Wish you all have a wonderful holiday!

O
O
Glad to hear you got it ANAN. I hope you get a lot of good use out of it.

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Thanks for posting the outcome, it's nice to hear what people decide to do. Tell your daughter to start learning some Christmas carols, she's only got 4 weeks before the relatives ask her to play.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
O
O
Originally Posted by MarkL
Tell your daughter to start learning some Christmas carols, she's only got 4 weeks before the relatives ask her to play.

Haha! Too true Mark! Jingle Bells and Joy to the World are pretty easy, even for a beginner if you only play the melody.
Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission