2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here is a bonus from me, since I've already submitted one this month.

I had forgot about doing this and just discovered I had it on Soundclick.

It is a multi track production of [color=darkred][b]Blue Velvet[/b][/color] played with tine piano, strings, bass, and drums.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
T
T
AntonyB - what a lovely playing! thumb (I also started to learn Einaudi's version of Le Onde yesterday, I love the melody)

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
T
T
Studio Joe - that was a very professional recording, I enjoyed listening to it so much, thank you for sharing!

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Say Joe, I played that more than once! Where I dance we'd turn on the disco ball for that one laugh I loved it smile .

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by tatiana110
AntonyB - what a lovely playing! thumb (I also started to learn Einaudi's version of Le Onde yesterday, I love the melody)

Thanks.

I'll be impatiently awaiting your version of Einaudi's Le Onde. smile

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
T
T
Martin, this was a nice and very thoughtful performance. I am not familiar with this piece - is it supposed to be played slowly? I like your tempo, it really brings up the melody. The middle part sounds really exceptional.

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
T
T
Cathy and Joe, thank you so much for listening to Toccatina and commenting on it, I really appreciate this. This is not the type of music I'd usually play, but I thought I'd give it a good try smile

Here is my second contribution, this time from my usual classical/romantic repertoire - Arietta by Grieg, recorded yesterday.

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
T
T
Originally Posted by AnthonyB

Thanks.

I'll be impatiently awaiting your version of Einaudi's Le Onde. smile

ok, I'll give it a priority smile

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Tatiana,

Hello my dear friends,

I am finally back from my India trip - and I was amazed to see so many wonderful pieces played at the piano bar this month! Elssa, the Two guitars is awesome, it was a very popular gypsy dance melody in Russia in the 70s-80s, only there it is played faster and more cheerful - thank you for bringing some very nice childhood memories smile. I wish I had score for this melody, as I really would love to learn this piece one day.

Welcome back, and thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm enjoying listening to your new pieces too! smile You're absolutely right about Two Guitars.. It's a lively piece and should be played that way all the way through, not just at the end. I redid it and tried to put more pep into the whole thing this time. I couldn't play it too much faster, though, as my fingers would get all tangled up. laugh

TWO GUITARS (#2)

BTW, I do have a score I could send you if interested, but this is mostly my own arrangement.

P
P
Martin, this was a nice and very thoughtful performance. I am not familiar with this piece - is it supposed to be played slowly? I like your tempo, it really brings up the melody. The middle part sounds really exceptional.

thanks for your kind comments, the score has a direction of 'thoughtful' which leaves a lot of room for interpretation!

Piano Yamaha U1
Studying Grade 8 piano and 6 theory

Currently working on:
Chopin Nocturne in C# Minor
Beethoven Sonata Op10.no.1
Martinu Columbine Sings
Chopin: Waltz 69 no.2
Scott Joplin: Pineapple Rag

Achievements:
Grade 1-7 Piano (LCM)
Grade 1-5 theory (LCM)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Studio Joe - Very well played and professionally produced - I was kind of hoping that you would start singing at some point since your picture shows you with a microphone. Oh well, maybe next time.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Bill, I'll sing for you on the next one. Already got one in the works.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi All,

I’ve enjoyed the November piano bar so far! All the submissions were excellent.

And, welcome back, Tatiana! I enjoyed listening to your latest submissions. I’m actually not a “two-timer” in regards to being in love with your lovely hands. Elssa has lovely hands too. Fact is, both of you have lovely hands and your music is just as lovely!!

I see your lovely hands and I hear your lovely music…. Sounds like a beautiful love song in the making!! grin

Best regards,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
T
T
Originally Posted by Elssa
Hi Tatiana,

Welcome back, and thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm enjoying listening to your new pieces too! smile You're absolutely right about Two Guitars.. It's a lively piece and should be played that way all the way through, not just at the end. I redid it and tried to put more pep into the whole thing this time. I couldn't play it too much faster, though, as my fingers would get all tangled up. laugh

TWO GUITARS (#2)

BTW, I do have a score I could send you if interested, but this is mostly my own arrangement.

Elssa,

Your second take is outstanding! I can picture gypsies dancing while you are playing... thumb

Yes, I would love to get your arrangement of the Two Guitars (not that I will be able to master it any time soon, but I will make an effort! smile ) Thank you so much for your kind offer.

Tatiana

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey look, two entries in one month!

Of course, this is a video of an early recital piece I did here on the ABF. I had a video of this on youtube but with extremely low quality audio so I took the time today to make a new video.

It was also a chance to play a bit more with pianoteq 3.5 as I'm using the demo and this is one of the few pieces that I know that does not hit any of the 6 disabled notes.

Thanks for listening/watching...

Now, I know it might be a bit late for those who just did the recital but another reason I made this video was that I was going to work on a tutorial of sorts for working with audio/video. How I use a few tools to line up the audio from different sources. I can give instructions for linux based systems fairly easily but I'll have to do some work in windows to find a program and get instructions for that. I know all the commands from my shell prompt but adding a gui in windows will make things much harder. smile

[Linked Image]
ddh Offline
Sounded awfully good, Anthony, and superbly played as well; now, I guess You'll have to buy the full version or find more songs that don't use the 6 notes in question. confused

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
ddh #1306858 11/16/09 09:24 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ddh
Sounded awfully good, Anthony, and superbly played as well; now, I guess You'll have to buy the full version or find more songs that don't use the 6 notes in question. confused

I just started work on a new one that avoids the disabled notes. I went through all the sheet music I have and got down to about 12 pieces out of over 70 or so that avoid the disabled notes (three of the sharps/flats in the bass section are the problem.)

Out of those 12 I can already play two but they aren't really difficult pieces. A few of the 10 left I might have a chance at playing. Monica's latest recital piece is one of the 10 left but somehow I don't see that one in my near future. eek

[Linked Image]
z32 #1306880 11/16/09 10:16 PM
L
L
Beautiful ... love it!

Thank you

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Tatiana,
Your second take is outstanding! I can picture gypsies dancing while you are playing... Yes, I would love to get your arrangement of the Two Guitars (not that I will be able to master it any time soon, but I will make an effort! ) Thank you so much for your kind offer.

No problem. smile I sent it along to you.. Hope it went through O.K. Thanks again for your comments and helpful suggestion! grin

T
T
Elssa,

Thank you for score - it went through. Now I have it!!! yippie

Btw, the original Russian name for this piece is 'Tsyganochka' (='Gypsy Girl')

Tatiana

Estonia L190 (2011)
My recordings on YouTube
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission