2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
OP Offline
H
My area code is 91710, and there is ONLY 1 authorized Yamaha dealer around here, according to Yamaha official website. I tried other area code, and it seems like the other 2 places is around 20miles away. In order words, there are about only 3 dealers in around 20miles?

So where did you guys buy your yamaha digital piano?

Thanks

New to the US...
bored..because of almost no friends...
decided to go w a piano...
not to kill time,
but to enjoy time.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Folks in Tustin are friendly to Montclarians!

Co-Author of The Complete Idiot's Guide To Buying A Piano. A "must read" before you shop.
Work for west coast dealer for Yamaha, Schimmel, Bosendorfer, Wm. Knabe.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
You'll find a Walgreens at nearly every major intersection, and they do a good business. But the demand for pianos is not sufficient to justify so many piano stores. There are only three Yamaha dealers (that I know of) in my county ... population 1.2 million.

Still ... Google found these is 0.21 seconds:

Keyboard Concepts
2866 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA

Piano Music Center
3386 Tyler Street
Riverside, CA

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
You'll find a Walgreens at nearly every major intersection, and they do a good business. But the demand for pianos is not sufficient to justify so many piano stores. There are only three Yamaha dealers (that I know of) in my county ... population 1.2 million.

Still ... Google found these is 0.21 seconds:

Keyboard Concepts
2866 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA

Piano Music Center
3386 Tyler Street
Riverside, CA

wow, i didnt know walgreens carry digital piano?
The 2 provided locations are still 40min driving -_- I thought Keyboard Concepts sells REAL piano only?? Anyway, I'll try.
Appreciate your time smile

New to the US...
not to kill time,
but to enjoy time.
G
G
there is ONLY 1 authorized Yamaha dealer around here

That is by design. Yamaha made a major shift back about 6-7 years ago to typically having only one dealer in a given area.

The reason I was told by someone in the know at the time was that Yamaha was getting pressure from some of the larger chain piano stores. The reason I was told is; less competition = less comparison shopping = higher gross profit for the one dealer that has the line.

Of course you do have a choice to look at other digital pianos besides Yamaha. Check out the Roland and Kawai models before you make a decision.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.
Souderton PA
877-GRAFTON (877-472-3866)
Remove "nospam" in email address.
glenn@nospamgraftonpiano.com

Grafton Piano Home Page
C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by hIt0sAwA
My area code is 91710, and there is ONLY 1 authorized Yamaha dealer around here, according to Yamaha official website. I tried other area code, and it seems like the other 2 places is around 20miles away. In order words, there are about only 3 dealers in around 20miles?

Thanks

Make a day of it. Some Saturday drive out to Pasadena or Hollywood or even out to where I live in Redondo (the end of the 91) and then you will have several stores and you can try out some Yamahas, Kawai and Rolands. While you are here, have dinner or lunch on the Redondo pier, a walk along the beach then a few minutes away are both a Guitar Center and a Sam Ash store both have a couple dozen DPs and keyboards out on display. Bring headphones both stores a full with others demoing instruments. Or try the same senario at the end of the "10" in Santa Monica.

Also the two local Best Buys here have musical instrument sections now. It is a walled off "store in a store" with great selection and (unbelievable for Best Buy) competent staff, competent enough that most of the staff teaches private lessons at the beginner level for piano and guitar.
Both Best Buys even have sound proofed demo rooms. They carry the high end Yamaha Motif and Rolands. The cheap low end stuff is "outside"in the larger store.

Where is the best place to buy? I'll know that soon when the Black Friday ads are sent out.

Last edited by ChrisA; 11/18/09 04:14 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
"wow, i didnt know walgreens carry digital piano?"

heh, I think it was an analogy wink

Les C Deal

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Glenn Grafton
there is ONLY 1 authorized Yamaha dealer around here

That is by design. Yamaha made a major shift back about 6-7 years ago to typically having only one dealer in a given area.

The reason I was told by someone in the know at the time was that Yamaha was getting pressure from some of the larger chain piano stores. The reason I was told is; less competition = less comparison shopping = higher gross profit for the one dealer that has the line.

Of course you do have a choice to look at other digital pianos besides Yamaha. Check out the Roland and Kawai models before you make a decision.

Thanks my friends, now i understand why so few dealer around here
So where can I check out the Kawai, Roland pianos? Sorry, iam new here.

New to the US...
not to kill time,
but to enjoy time.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Originally Posted by hIt0sAwA

Thanks

Make a day of it. Some Saturday drive out to Pasadena or Hollywood or even out to where I live in Redondo (the end of the 91) and then you will have several stores and you can try out some Yamahas, Kawai and Rolands. While you are here, have dinner or lunch on the Redondo pier, a walk along the beach then a few minutes away are both a Guitar Center and a Sam Ash store both have a couple dozen DPs and keyboards out on display. Bring headphones both stores a full with others demoing instruments. Or try the same senario at the end of the "10" in Santa Monica.

Also the two local Best Buys here have musical instrument sections now. It is a walled off "store in a store" with great selection and (unbelievable for Best Buy) competent staff, competent enough that most of the staff teaches private lessons at the beginner level for piano and guitar.
Both Best Buys even have sound proofed demo rooms. They carry the high end Yamaha Motif and Rolands. The cheap low end stuff is "outside"in the larger store.

Where is the best place to buy? I'll know that soon when the Black Friday ads are sent out.

I like the way you [talk]. Your area sounds so kool!! BestBuy with high end piano??? wow... Even though it is just way so far, I would definitely check it out smile

Can I have your zip code please, Iam gonna use the "Bestbuy Store Locator."
By the way, where can I find Black Friday Ads regarding piano? laugh
I know one online site, pretty kool: http://www.gottadeal.com/ but I have never seen a digital piano ad posted.
Thanks!!! smile

Last edited by hIt0sAwA; 11/19/09 05:23 PM.

New to the US...
not to kill time,
but to enjoy time.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by LesCharles73
"wow, i didnt know walgreens carry digital piano?"

heh, I think it was an analogy wink

haha...y r rite...my bad!!! =))

New to the US...
not to kill time,
but to enjoy time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission