2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, FredrikNilsen, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
K
K
I bet those with the blue tape are manufactured in Japan. My one is probably assembled in Germany - no tape, higher price :-)

Casio Privia PX-330BK + CS-67PBK + SP-32, AKG K142 HD
S
S
No tape on mine, all keys ok (for a month now)

L
L
i thought they were all 'assembled' in china.

I thought Casio was a Japanese company? Is it Chinese?

L
L
I don't think that has much to do these days with where the stuff is made or assembled. I think most guitars like yamahas and other makes are made in china; used to be korea or taiwan more but now china for the most part. Same with bicycles like specialized; i forgot what maker of american bikes still made them here but the vast majority are made in china. oops wrong forum! But just like all the stuff that for years was 'made in japan'-at that time it was american companies just having their stuff made there. ---At first i thought your post was a joke but not funny enough so i don't think you were kidding right?

M
M
Hi all,
Having used the Casio PL-40R previously, I am very much impressed by how realistic the sound and the feel is. Unfortunately, I sold it and now, the good old memories of playing on that comes back to me. I hope the PX330 will be far more superior than the PL-40R, which is able to allow me to store up to 10 songs.
Does anyone have any experience in using the sequencer to compose songs? Any problems with compatibility with Win XP? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Michael

T
T
Hi guys, I'm hoping to buy one of these new Casio Privias. I would like to buy the Casio 130, 330 or 730, I havn't decided it yet. But those who have brought either of these, can you please tell me if the keys make the 'clacking noise'?

Mr Mike Martin, maybe you could tell us if this clacking exists on the new Privia X30's, or whether clacking noises maybe an issue later on? Thanks alot in advance, I'm hoping to make Casio privia my first DP

Kind regards,
Terri

S
S
Hi Terry

My two cents on clacking issue :-)

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1283284/Searchpage/1/Main/93328/Words/clacking/Search/true/Re:%20buying%20my%20first%20DP.html#Post1283284

M
M
Great, but please make links clickable, BSC:

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...ying%20my%20first%20DP.html#Post1283284

The url tag is your friend. smile

Last edited by Martin C. Doege; 10/22/09 12:14 PM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I didn't notice an issue with the clacking, but the Privias are sure coming out with a lot of malfunctioning key issues. Doesn't seem to be a problem with returns or exchanges, but it would give me pause about the quality control. Maybe it'll be fixed in the next wave...

S
S
hi please how do I do that (the url tag?)
I noticed when I did the post it did not show as a link
thanks in advance - BSC (short for my original screen name BigSwampCrocodile, which was too much to type)

S
S
I got a PX 330 about two weeks ago, and because this forum was so helpful when I was choosing a DP, I wanted to add my review.

I checked out the PX 330 at my local Guitar Center and was able to compare it to the Yamaha P-155 and various higher-priced models. I mainly wanted to compare the various actions. Honestly, after reading various reviews online, I was expecting a greater difference between the actions. I can see how some people say the Casio actions are slightly "sluggish" or heavy, or that the Yamaha has a greater variation in key weights with their graded action. However, unless you're comparing two keyboards side by side, these differences are very minor. After trying the Casio, I thought the action felt great and the piano sound was also very good, so I immediately decided that I didn't need to spend any more for a DP, especially considering all the features of the PX 330. I haven't had a chance to compare the Casio with my parents' acoustic upright yet, but it's certainly good enough for me to practice and, more importantly, enjoy playing it. My advice to anyone reading these online reviews is to try the various DPs yourself if possible and not get too wrapped up in the various details you read about. All the weighted actions I tried seemed both very good and very similar, so the Casio is an incredible bargain. Also, given the rate of improvement in technology, I figure if I ever "outgrow" the Casio, at that time the equivalent of a V-Piano should be available for much less money. (I consider myself an intermediate-level pianist.)

I ordered from an online retailer to take advantage of a "package" discount, and I also got the Casio stand and three-pedal option. The stand is great, and although the pedals seem a little flimsy, they've worked well so far. They PX 330 came with the blue tape holding the keys down, and everything was well-packaged with no damage. I agree that most of the non-piano sounds in the PX 330 are rather cheesy, and I really wish the harpsichord was better. The main reason I got the PX 330 instead of the PX 130 was for the MIDI connectivity, but so far I've been too busy practicing piano pieces to hook it up to a PC. I did load some MIDI files onto an SD card and play them through the DP. It worked, but I think the MIDI files used a weird GM sound instead of one of the standard piano sounds, so it didn't sound that great. All of the piano sounds are good, but I've been using the Grand Piano Classic sound the most.

L
L
This is a repost of my personal message to Mike Martin and would like everyone's comment on my concern.

Hello Mike,

I just sold my PX-320 and ordered the new PX-330. Then I realized that the excellent 60 built-in songs and the songbook have been removed from PX-330 after reading this forum. This makes me extremely unhappy because I enjoyed them a lot and they are great for learning.

Is it possible to download the songs and the songbook from Casio website so that at least we can upload some of the favorite songs to the piano as user songs?

Or as a make up measure, I highly recommend Casio to distribute a CD-ROM disc which contains the MIDI files of the songs, and the PDF file of the songbook.

I will return my purchase if there is no way for me to get the songs and the book back, which will be a great regret.

I don't know whether you can represent Casio or not. If not, could you give me a Casio contact or forward my concerns to Casio? Thank you very much!

rhgong

V
V
About the 60 classical pieces in our PX-320 ... most of them are classical music from the past centuries and you can find legal transcriptions of them on the Internet.
I enjoy the book provided by Casio and the transcriptions are good. But you can find even better transcriptions of these classical pieces if you google them with key words like "free piano score".

Thanks,

VL

L
L
Thanks for your response.

I assume that the built-in songs in PX-320 were carefully selected or made for Casio DPs (correct me if I was wrong). I tried some downloaded MIDI files on PX-320. None of them sounds as realistic as the built-in songs, and a lot of them didn't even arrange the piano parts in correct channels so I couldn't use the lesson function on the piano.

If you have a link or links of HIGH-QUALITY free MIDI files and scores, could you please share them with us? Thanks again.

Last edited by LaoGong; 11/09/09 09:19 PM.
V
V
If you go to the Adult beginner forum, you will find links like those:
legal scores

My preferred one is this one for now:
Mutopia list of scores and midi files for piano

L
L
Thank you very much for the links. I feel a little bit better now because at least I found some of my favorites from your links, e.g. Nocturne Op.9 No.2 grin Cannot wait my PX-330 to try them ...

D
D
Hello, I have an strong interest in the PX330. There is not one local that I can see or play in person, and so I turn to this forum. I have read these boards and watched YouTube, etc. I am convinced that the piano sound and the piano itself is fine, though I am wondering how the other sounds are? Sounds like strings, guitars, harp, flute, oboe, bassoon, etc.? I am the current owner of a fine Yamaha P120 and I also wonder how the PX330 would compare? The PX330 has more features I would like (SD Card slot, more sounds) and so I am thinking of making the switch. I bought the P120 long distance and had it shipped to me without ever playing it...it turned out well! I love it. The PX330, though, has my attention right now. Any owners of the PX330 got a good word for me? Thanks.

L
L
I assume that PX-330 has the same action and feeling as PX-730, maybe PX-730 has better sound as it has larger speakers underbeneath the piano.

You can try PX-730 at costco.ca. It is available at $749 (or $799? not so sure) in the local store in Kingston Ontario. I tried it last week, felt that the keys are little bit lighter than the PX-320 I just sold.

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Do you have a MIDI editor for your computer? Most of them will allow you to change channel asignments, transpose, cut and paste and so on. Garage band, that comes with all Apple computers can do his and more but there is software for Windows PCs too.

Lots of places to get MIDI files. I just got some sheet music from virtualsheetmusic.com and they give you a MIDI file with the sheet music. The sheet music and midi are made from the same master data file so they match up note per note.

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission