2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Colin Miles, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, Barly, 9 invisible), 2,067 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Elene. That change is made.

We are somewhat limited in what we can do regarding the artwork given available resources.

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
C
C
I made my recording over the weekend. It isn't perfect, but I couldn't do it at home because my piano is out of tune. Instead I did it at my church and was able to get a recording that was okay. I doubt I'll have time to make more recordings before the deadline, so it is what it is. I had to record it on my camera (my only recording device) and it is NOT in MP3 format. How can I change the format of my recording? I'll submit it via box.net once I figure out how to change formats.

Pianist and mom to three awesome kids (and budding musicians).
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Carolyn, please upload what you have and we'll do the rest, format changing inclusive. smile

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
carolyn, congratulations! Hope you are well, and that morning sickness has not been too unkind.

Mati is exactly right. Just send a link to your box.net via recording AT chopinrecital.org; we will handle the rest.

I can't wait to hear your work.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
To all the participants and to those of you working behind the scenes, a big thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing all of the performances.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
All right -- emailed my link to the chopinrecital address. Let me know if it doesn't get through.

This fell so far short of what I had hoped, but it's the best I can do right now.

And I just got the piano tuned on Friday, but it sounds horrible. mad Maybe I'll send this recording to the piano tuner. smirk

Recovering cellist, amateur pianist.
[Linked Image]

Check out my blog !

[Linked Image]
C
C
I submitted mine tonight. There are a few mistakes. And the camera didn't pick up much in the way of dynamics. Oh well. I'm glad I was able to participate and I had a lot of fun learning this piece! Having this deadline really kept me motivated to practice when motivation was in short supply during the first few months of my pregnancy!

Now I can focus on learning some pieces for Christmas and starting a new big piece for next year (just for fun though!). For Christmas, I'm working on a Nutcracker medley, mostly because my daughters are obsessed with ballet, especially The Nutcracker.

My baby started responding to my playing piano last night (specifically a Bach fugue and Clair de Lune), so that should keep me motivated to practice at least until he arrives! I'm hoping he is a music lover and someday a pianist himself!

Pianist and mom to three awesome kids (and budding musicians).
Originally Posted by carolyn227
I submitted mine tonight. There are a few mistakes. And the camera didn't pick up much in the way of dynamics. Oh well. I'm glad I was able to participate and I had a lot of fun learning this piece!

Same here Carolyn, sent mine and as I wrote in the e-mail, after listening to my recording, I thought I had made a step longer than my leg lenght, but I'm so glad I did because of the deep study I had to deal with (of course I'm talking about one of the easisest nocturne, cant' figure with the hardest ones).
It was by far the most studied piece of my piano life and it taught a lot in term of musical analysis - even though little passed in the recording frown - and learning discipline. To be honest when I started to play piano three years ago nocturnes were not even in my ambition list, so it's been really a great achievement for me.

Just waiting to listen to the nocturne collection and to get an inspirational clue on the one to choose next.

I hope next time you won't put an entry audition because of my performance...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I can't wait to hear your submissions smile Mine is in from today. I've managed to squeeze one more piano lesson before the deadline and I made a second recording today, which I like better than the previous one. I can't wait till 17th! smile

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Beginners! I sent Mary Rose a recording of my Nocturne a few weeks ago. I just had my piano tuned today and decided to knock off another recording - this one sounds better if for no other reason than that the piano is in tune. Would I be able to send this new and improved Nocturne somewhere without hopelessly confusing things.
thanks

"There are so many mornings that have not yet dawned." -- Rg Veda
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
You may, Schubertian (send to recordings AT chopinrecital.org) but please label it clearly final take.

-Frycek Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Yes, of course you can. I just sent your post PM to MaryRose to clarify things.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Some good news: the hosting service has FIXED the 2MB file size limits. Some of these files are over 8MB yet still came through successfully as attachments. So a shout-out to Gate.com is in order - we didn't expect them to fix this until after the recital date.

Also a shout-out to all of you for the names! Thank you so much! You've made this easier.

Peyton 9/1
Piano Again 27/1
Chardonnay 27/2
Schubertian 32/1 (your retake)
Chopinet 37/1
Gerg 37/2
Jazzyprof 48/1
Elene 48/2
Sotto Voce 55/2
Peyton 72/1

(Now who am I missing?)

Caroline227 see your PM - we need your help!

Last edited by gerg; 10/15/09 03:48 AM. Reason: Added missing files to list

Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Is anyone getting failure notices sending files to recordings AT chopinrecital.org?

In testing, I received failure notices on attachments that nonetheless arrived intact.

In:

Peyton 9/1
Timmyab 9/3
Piano Again 27/1
Chardonnay 27/2
Schubertian 32/1
Chopinet 37/1
Gerg 37/2
Jazzyprof 48/1
Elene 48/2
Sotto Voce 55/2
Carolyn227 62/1
Peyton 72/1

What I'd like to know is if there are any legitimate failures, i.e. anyone who A) sent in a recording and B) is not on the list above.

Thanks!

Last edited by gerg; 10/15/09 02:27 PM.

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Chopin952 see your PM.

Don't click here!
Got it. Will submit very soon! Attempting one final recording.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ted.stanion's recording is in. Chopin952, whenever you can send yours...

That will make it 15 of 21, which is over two-thirds participation. Not too bad! smile

Last-minuters welcomed.

In:

Peyton 9/1
Timmyab 9/3
Ted.Stanion 15/2
Piano Again 27/1
Chardonnay 27/2
Schubertian 32/1
Chopinet 37/1
Gerg 37/2
Jazzyprof 48/1
Elene 48/2
Sotto Voce 55/2
Carolyn227 62/1
Peyton 72/1
Mati posth.

Don't click here!
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm still rather unhappy with my recording but I don't want to cut it too close so I've been trying to upload my file on box.net. However, I'm continually unable to do so because of some limit they're put up. What should I do?

Bach - WTC I in C major & C minor (BWV 846-847)
Mozart - Sonata K 282
Chopin - Polonaises Op 26
Schumann - Fantasiestücke Op 12
S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
Alex, how big is the file? I've used MediaFire as an alternative to Box Net for uploading files larger than 10 MB because MediaFire had no such limitation.

Box Net is nice because of its integrated player, which means people can listen to your file without actually downloading it. But if it's going to be downloaded anyway, it shouldn't matter which site hosts it.

Steven

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You can send it directly as an attachment to recordings AT chopinrecital.org

Also, MaryRose gave you her personal e-mail. Either way, we will get it and you will be in the recital!

Don't click here!
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission