2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 75 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 74 75
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz
My performance of Clementi's Prelude in D Minor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do8BOOG87hs

Not perfect, probably could have had a faster tempo. Took a while to record because I would make random errors over and over after I had played half the piece.

Waltz - whatever issues you were having with the Prelude in D seemed to have been solved - nice playing - well done - yes, maybe a little more uptempo, or maybe just a little more dynamics here & there, but good job.

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Undone and JF.

Hopefully within the next week or so I will have the 2nd movement of Clementi's Sonatina finished and recorded and published in the piano bar...

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the comments on Prelude in C everyone. I’m still trying to put a wrap on Swan Lake and have just started looking at Scheherazade. Scheherazade is definitely going to be a challenge!

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, I'm off to WV today! Gee, a whole week without a piano! Can't wait to hear what the (already pretty shaky!) first two pages of the Moonlight sound like when I get back!! I have also started on "This Is Halloween" from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Fun! In A minor so it has that nice spooky, Halloween-y sound!

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
Let’s get this thread back on page one! I’m still plugging away at Scheherazade. I think this may be the toughest piece “to get started with” that I’ve encountered so far. I have it pretty well under control now, but I’m still having trouble playing through the entire piece without issue.

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm finishing up my week on Prelude in C Major - agree with Undone, very much a keeper. Now I just gotta get a recording done (sigh) along with all the other stuff I'm missing. Need to polish it up to get to Undone's level, very nice indeed thumb

Waltz, Nancy, what's everyone else up to?

SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
N
N
Originally Posted by TTigg
I'm finishing up my week on Prelude in C Major - agree with Undone, very much a keeper. Now I just gotta get a recording done (sigh) along with all the other stuff I'm missing. Need to polish it up to get to Undone's level, very nice indeed thumb

Waltz, Nancy, what's everyone else up to?

SC

I've been hammering away at non Alfred stuff. We've totally set aside book 3 and am working on my repertoire pieces.

Lately I'm working with the metronome on Hornpipe in B flat. It's the trickiest timing ever! I'm at 80 and need to be at 92 or 94 to play it the correct speed. I can play it all the way through correctly about 89% of the time at 80. I'm also working on Clementi's Sonotina in C major Op 36, I. That one is super easy compared to the Hornpipe one! At some point I'll record them; I have to be able to play them for my exam in may.

There's a recital for my piano school coming up in December too; not sure if my daughter (who turns 8 tomorrow) will want to play a duet or something on her own. If she plays on her own I'm not sure I'll be playing anything or not smile

-Nancy

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm with Nancy in that I've been mostly working on non Alfred's stuff. Star Spangled Banner has come along nicely, but I'm lacking the motivation to put in the time to "finish" it.

I finished up the first movement of Clementi's 36/1 and put it on youtube. I've actually "passed" the second movement last week, but haven't recorded it yet. I'm currently hard at work on the third.

I also finished and recorded Bach's (or whoever's) Minuet in G Major on my youtube channel. I'm currently at work on Bach's Minuet in D Minor (which is as beautiful as the G Major one).

I've also been doing Hanon, sight reading, and technical exercises. My teacher has assigned me two other pieces I have yet to start...

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm putting the finishing touches on "Jazz Ostinato in C# Minor" this week (which uses a constantly repeating figure in the bass - hence the term "ostinato") and was just wondering if anyone else here (especially, but not limlited to, those who have already worked on this piece) found it unusual that a study that uses jazz like passages and has a tempo indication of "moderate blues" is in the rather strange key of C# minor - aren't pieces like this typically found in the flatted keys such as B-flat or E-flat or even F?

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Glad to see everyone is keeping busy, even if it’s not in Alfred Land. Now you’ve got me thinking that maybe I should get one of the Clementi books and have a go at some more of his pieces. I hear “they’re good for you”. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
Hi All!!

After a very extended summer break I decided to jump back in here, if that's ok with you all! Don't know if I need to re-introduce myself for the newest members her (I disappeared shortly after you joined in, purely accidentally...it had nothing to do with any of you..LOL!)

Anyway...just for the sake of completeness...I'm 44, from the Netherlands, and have been playing for 2 1/2 yrs right now. No prior musical experience. Weekly lessons with a very nice teacher. I've been hanging around here for about a year I guess, but took a few months break over the summer, and now, oops...it's suddenly october already!!

Alfred-wise I am currently working on 'Come back to Sorrento' which seems nice, and not terribly complicated. Next to Alfred's I have a passion for Satie (worked on the 1st 5 gnossiennes last year, and am still playing them all!). This summer I worked on Yann Tiersen, which I like a lot as well. I completed the famous Comptine d'une autre ete, as well as the beautiful Valse d'Amelie. Still finetuning it and trying to get the speed up a bit more, but I am rather happy wtih the way it sounds so far!

I am going to read back a bit to find out what everybody has been up to..at a first glance it seems that more and more of the book-3-ers are broadening the horizons to other stuff then just Alfreds..great! I saw that there has another thread been started as well for Afred-graduates? Is that were the non-Alfreds-experiences are going to be shared? Or are we supposed to hang around here untill we're all done with book 3?

I'm glad to be back! I'll go and read and listen in some more detail to what's been posted recently (I heard a beautifull recording of Bach's prelude In C, by Undone? great job! I love that piece..it's a keeper for me as well!)

Ingrid

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by IngridT
Hi All!!

I saw that there has another thread been started as well for Afred-graduates? Is that were the non-Alfreds-experiences are going to be shared? Or are we supposed to hang around here untill we're all done with book 3?

Welcome back! That thread is just so we can track who's "Graduated" from the different books..

Originally Posted by IngridT

I'm glad to be back! I'll go and read and listen in some more detail to what's been posted recently (I heard a beautifull recording of Bach's prelude In C, by Undone? great job! I love that piece..it's a keeper for me as well!)

Ingrid

Agreed, beautiful recording. I'm going to have to get mine down now since I was given a "pass" by my teacher on that piece this week..
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hello Ingrid,

I'm Waltz, I'm 23 and I live on the east coast in the US. I started book 3 in August (I think). I just gave myself the pass today on "Star-Spangled Banner" and started the next piece (don't remember the name).

I finally recorded myself playing movement 2 of Clementi's 36/1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTCaslLClLA

[Linked Image]
Hi Ingrid, welcome back to the Book 3 thread and thank you for the kind complement on my recording of Bach’s Prelude in C Major.

The “Alfred’s graduates” thread is a little something Mark started; a place to list the ABF members who have finished one or more of the Alfred books. Let him know which books you’ve finished (in that thread) and he’ll add your name to the lists. He’s also looking into getting an icon creates that people can add to their signature if they so desire (like the MOYD or recital icons).

Undone

[Linked Image]
Waltz, I enjoyed listening to your recording of Clementi’s 36/1. Very nicely played! I’m not all that familiar with Clementi (other than the pieces in Alfred’s). Is his Opus 36 a good starting place for someone at our experience level?

Undone

[Linked Image]
I managed to put Scheherazade to bed (hopefully not for one thousand and one nights) and have started on Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony. Another challenging selection, and this time there’s no chance of “finishing” it. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone
I managed to put Scheherazade to bed (hopefully not for one thousand and one nights) and have started on Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony. Another challenging selection, and this time there’s no chance of “finishing” it. smile

Undone

grin

JF

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz, I enjoyed listening to your recording of Clementi’s 36/1. Very nicely played! I’m not all that familiar with Clementi (other than the pieces in Alfred’s). Is his Opus 36 a good starting place for someone at our experience level?

Undone

Thanks Undone! Yes, 36/1 is the easier of op. 36/37/38, the Sonatinas, and is a joy to learn and play. You definitely could master it. There are three movements in the keys of C maj, F maj, and C maj. All three movements are very different from each other. Here is the first movement I submitted in the Sept. Piano Bar in case you care to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib5fI3F0VuQ

I've almost learned movement three, but I still have a bit of work to do on it.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Undone

Cool thumb

Are you working on any non Alfred pieces now? Also, what did you think of the Make Up Your Mind! piece? Seriously, we all know A min is the relative of C maj by now... Do we really need a silly piece to have to learn to "reinforce" that haha. It's actually kind of fun to play, but it isn't very rewarding.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz
... Here is the first movement I submitted in the Sept. Piano Bar in case you care to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib5fI3F0VuQ

Waltz - I liked your performance of this in the Bar and I still like it - very well played thumb

JF

Page 43 of 75 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 74 75

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission