2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, 12 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just for completeness "myvillianheart" is another one of the user names you registered Tony. Perhaps the mods need to remove this one as well.

Whilst I appreciate your apology I do find your behaviour a little strange but as a few people here have already said there doesn't appear to be any harm done.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Thank you, text! The "Among other things. . .etc" in the first post sort of said there were others, and the "ones I can remember" said there probably were. So now eight of them have been pointed out by other people first.

Perhaps there hasn't been any lasting harm done, other than the sort of sheer mockery, but I will say again that starting a thread saying how good someone's product is, and then posting, under a different name, that you have some concern about that product after reading other posts, isn't benign to me. I don't mind posters having differing views on a product - that's part of the info here, and part of why this forum is good. But I do mind the very same person posting on both sides of the issues without making clear who they are. Crusadar has a post in the Going Solo thread that points out some of the problems of this.

Which is the part that can now be transparent if indeed there is only one name smile

And yes, I'm still keeping an eye out for other names, too. One just has to recognize Tony's posting style, and then check some user profiles. It's available to all of us.

Thanks again, text.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Well, this is pretty funny - here's the link to myvillianheart's April 22, 2009 post:
8th known sock puppet post laugh

Note that he started the thread as mvh, then logged on as Ragtime Clown, saying "I hear you about this issue!" which hardly says that he's acknowledging being the same person, and when, thank you again text, text calls him on it, he "explains" that there was some trouble getting on his regular name from work, and he had to wait until he got home. Funny that he should "remember" Bassiano from 2 years ago, but not mvh from 4 months.

I don't think so. But, again, this was a moderator call, and the ABF will eventually, in its way, deal with it however the consensus comes up.

But still, to me, interesting information smile And I have many good qualities, but nice isn't one of them, so yes, I'm keeping an eye out.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sorry Greg, since Tony had said Ken in the OP I assumed Ken was the one watching even though he moderates Piano Forum. I should have realized one of the moderators over here would be the one keeping an eye out. I did know that someone was going to be watching the cookie jar.
Woody

[Linked Image]
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by text
Just for completeness "myvillianheart" is another one of the user names you registered Tony. Perhaps the mods need to remove this one as well.

Whilst I appreciate your apology I do find your behaviour a little strange but as a few people here have already said there doesn't appear to be any harm done.

Text, thank you for reminding me.

Cathy, can you check out 'DancingFrankenstein' though I don't recall ever using it!
(I don't even remember the password!!)

Lastly, I don't intend crawling on my belly for YOU or anyone. I've tried to put my case forward.
You have all drew blood with every punch I got, I've taken it on the chin.

Will we see an end to your personal witch hunt?

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Woody-Woodruff
Sorry Greg, since Tony had said Ken in the OP I assumed Ken was the one watching even though he moderates Piano Forum. I should have realized one of the moderators over here would be the one keeping an eye out. I did know that someone was going to be watching the cookie jar.
Woody

Certainly no apologies necessary, Ken and I are both global moderators which means we can moderate any of the forums as well as doing various administrative things on the forum. It appears that in this case we both issued the same request to Tony to reveal his multiple past identities and gave the same warning against future multiple personas - in synch as always!

Greg
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
thumb Greg - I appreciate your monitoring of this zoo known as ABF laugh

Cathy

Cathy
D
OP Offline
D

Can I ask Grey and Ken

1. if they are BOTH happy with all of my disclosures and posts to date.

2. Can I rejoin general discussion on this forum free from any further personal attack from others

I welcome a response, please.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
thumb Greg - I appreciate your monitoring of this zoo known as ABF laugh

Cathy

How do we know that Greg isn't DontLookDown, etc.? laugh

Now, that would be subtle, creative and devious...

JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Both myvillainheart and dancingfrankenstein have been closed.

As to witch hunts, you can expect some amount of suspicion when you engage in suspicious behavior. Some are quick to forgive and some aren't.

Oh, and Cathy is not a moderator.

Greg
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Thanks Greg and Ken for your moderating. I guess if there are concerns we'll know where to go. Nothing like keeping the mods busy. wink

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'm happy with the way things turned out as well. I will say I think Tony kept things interesting for both Greg and I for a while!!! smile

Ken

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BB Player
Both myvillainheart and dancingfrankenstein have been closed.

As to witch hunts, you can expect some amount of suspicion when you engage in suspicious behavior. Some are quick to forgive and some aren't.

Oh, and Cathy is not a moderator.

Greg,

Please sign her up - she would make a great moderator!!

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by DontLookDown

Can I ask Grey and Ken

2. Can I rejoin general discussion on this forum free from any further personal attack from others

Can I ask Grey and Ken

As I said in my response to your PM, what you've written is fine.

You should be able to participate in the forum as openly and as free from personal attack as any forum member. As with anyone else, if you feel you are being unfairly attacked, you have only to use the "report post" icon and a moderator will see it.

Given that you have violated peoples trust (and forum rules) by having multiple personas, I would advise donning a somewhat thicker skin than you might otherwise wear, at least until you have participated enough to regain peoples trust.

Greg
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I want "Ragtime Clown" back. frown

D
OP Offline
D

Ed, I suggest that you start a new forum thread with a suitable title requesting the return of Ragtime Clown. You would also need the support and help of the moderators to 'delete' this existing screen name and activate the 'clown' again. I always thought it was a classic.

I never thought I'd have a fan club though.

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B

Ed, I suggest that you start a new forum thread with a suitable title requesting the return of Ragtime Clown. You would also need the support and help of the moderators to 'delete' this existing screen name and activate the 'clown' again. I always thought it was a classic.

You (or any forum member) can change your display name in your profile.

Greg
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Argghhh, Greg, you can't be serious to suggest that!! crazy

[Linked Image]
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Rosanna

Argghhh, Greg, you can't be serious to suggest that!! crazy

I agree with Rosanna,

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Though it is highly ironic to suggest that Tony shift identities yet again, I'd feel more like I was talking to the same/original person if he reverted to Ragtime Clown.

Please step aside. You're standing in your own way.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission