2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (accordeur, antune, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, 11 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Ori and Rebecca just experienced one...

All those attending the special events on this past Sat and Sun just had one...

And I do believe that Udo Steingraeber, BosieEric, Indrek Laul, Christian Bluthner, Larry Fine, PW Frank Baxter, and all the pianists/artists who performed all had one...

Just a teaser post and set of pics as I am barely home and working on cropping pics and, I haven't begun to listen to the zoom recordings!

Suffice it to say for the time being...

I also enjoyed THE HAPPENING!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More pics, audios and thoughts coming!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congratulations Ori and Rebecca!

Sounds like a mighty fine time was to be had by all!

Norbert thumb

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
It was great meeting you on Saturday, Roberta - I look forward to seeing all the photos. In the meantime, since my message to Ori got buried so quickly, I'll repeat what I said here: I cannot imagine a piano shopping trip in the tri-state area being complete without a visit to Ori's stunning new Allegro Pianos showroom with all those magnificent top-tier pianos. Congratulations, Ori, and all my best wishes!

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
I shall describe sections of the weekend with pics. How'd I become the official photograher? LOL! But I took about 130.

THE STORE

I remember visiting before it 'was'. If I recall what was there before was an old rundown service station but the Bukai's had a dream. And a dream pianostore - music school it has become. On the right are two floors of Allegro Pianos and the left is devoted to Longridge Music School and Recital Hall. They overlook a small pond complete with ducks, geese, herons, making for a wonderful view from all the large windows.

From the parking lot -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The reception area

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There are 4 rows of pianos on the first floor - the views in pic two are overlooking the pond. Gotta love those windows!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

UPSTAIRS SHOWROOM overlooks the downstairs and has 2 rows of pianos. Acoustic panels, thick glass, angled ceilings and accoustic blinds help.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There is also a large room dedicated to some wonderful uprights - why oh why did I not have that when I was dedicated to purchasing the best of the best of uprights? LOL!

[Linked Image]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
LONGRIDGE MUSIC SCHOOL

Having been a musical director for many years and sitting in a teeny weeny studio teaching for hours at a time, I really was interested in the LMS. Several good size studios with a mix of grands and high end uprights. A large room for preschool and up classes, another large room for play, and the exceptional recital hall with 3 concert grands had me drooling.

Lessons are offered in piano, voice, guitar, classrooms and you will see photos of the musical director as she plays a duet with one of her students in a bit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ori doing final prep for the concerts in the recital hall.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You'll see more of this recital hall in other pics below.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
THE CELEBRITIES (or more formal pics) - WHO'S WHO

Indrek Laul and his talented wife, Triin Laul next to their Estonia

[Linked Image]

Christian Bleuthner at a gorgeous Julius Bluthner. Sorry the pic is not great CB but wanted to include this piano. Better pics of you later!

[Linked Image]

Larry Fine on left and Christian Bleuthner on right. Darn I didn't get a pic of you Larry with your new book displayed at the PW party. (yes they came complete with autograph)

Larry is not just a great author, BTW, he plays beautifully!

[Linked Image]

BoseEric with Rebecca and Ori at, what else? ... a Bosendorfer

[Linked Image]

Bose Eric and his ladyfriend Marry-Pierre -the best dressed Bohemian there (inside joke!)

[Linked Image]

Udo Steingraeber at his new C212

[Linked Image]

Concert pianist, Elena Bezprozvannykh and Rebecca Bukai

[Linked Image]

Bluthner artist Elena Bezprozvannykh and owner Christian Bluthner with Ori

[Linked Image]

PW Frank with Allegro's tech, Bob Purcell, and receptionist, Dana who is always so helpful to those calling.

[Linked Image]

PW Kathy on the right

[Linked Image]

More coming!

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
THE SAT GRAND OPENING AND RECITAL PARTY

Greetings

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Champagne bar

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Elegantely offered hors d'heuvres displayed on fruit with flowers on each tray

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Triian Laul on the Steingraeber 212. Fun to enjoy owners playing on 'other than their own pianos'! Several did this during the weekend. Pics usually taken before/aft the performance since a flash was used.

[Linked Image]

Udo, Eric and friend

[Linked Image]

Frank, JerryS88, and Andrew

[Linked Image]

Indrek playing Estonia composer on his Estonia piano

[Linked Image]

Not only beautiful, this is Miffi's daughter playing beautifully! She posed for this pic. More talented youngster played on Sun.

[Linked Image]

Taking a bow

[Linked Image]

End of the evening when most had left, Ori played and sang for us. 'Let It Be'. Happy new owner of custom Estonia looks on.

[Linked Image]

T
T
WOW! WOW! WOW! What a beautiful place. Ori,your place has it all. From exqusite pianos to beautiful views and a recital hall. It puts me in the piano buying mood again. It makes me want to hop on a plane and purchase another German piano! LOL! I am very envious that i was not able to attend. A great time must have been had by all.

lilylady,Thanks for being the "Official Photographer". You did a great job and you would make a great journalist as well. Great "play by play" report. KUDOS TO YOU !

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Maybe there is a limit to pics?

Cut and pasted what did not show up above. Oops, didn't work... I'll redo the pics

Not only beautiful, this is Miffi's daughter playing beautifully! She posed for this pic. More talented youngster played on Sun. Oh to be young and have a whole life of playing!

[Linked Image]

Elena Bezprozvannykh taking a bow

[Linked Image]

End of the evening when most had left, Ori played and sang for us. Appropriately, 'Let It Be'!
Happy new owner of custom Estonia looks on.

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Lily, for all the pictures! The Bluthner Pianist is Netherlands-based Russian pianist Elena Bezprozvannykh.
Congratulations to Ori, again for the successful event! We had a great time. I decided to move here my buried thread posted under Ori’s invite. Just for fun, I have my 8 yr old’s writing homework here…Why? Actually, her assignment due this week was to write about an exciting experience of her own. Meeting with all the celebrities at the two day event, she excitedly wrote a piece about it Sunday night. It talks about her playing on Sat. at the grand opening. Interestingly, she only saw three (not four) rows of pianos in the room. Limited kid’s vision:-)

“I was nervous and excited. Will the next person be me? (Yes, she was actually the first who was called up in the middle of busy eating ) I was called by a man who was the owner of this building that was called the “ALLEGRO PIANOS.” The man’s name was Ori.
(Attention Ori!!!) Ori is a piano dealer. He’s a kind person who L-O-V-E-S pianos. He has a low, round voice. He has brown hair which is always combed PERFECTLY . He always wears a business suit.
My hands sweating, I took my sweater off. My hands were shaking. In fact, my whole body was shaking. I was so nervous that I forgot to bow! I scrambled onto the bench, closed my eyes, and began to play. Suddenly, I almost hit a wrong note. But luckily I did not do it. A strike of relief went to my heart. I played until I finally reached the end. I ran into the arms of my mom as the applause rang like an alarm. I squeezed my eyes shut. When they opened, I realized how beautiful the room was.
The room contained 3 rows of beautiful grand pianos. One part of the room was low, but the other side was about 2 times taller. It was HUGE with dim lights.
Suddenly I looked at the piano I was playing on and realized how nice it was. It was an August Forster! It had a beautiful, round and perfect sound. The piano was black, shinny and smooth. I have a 7 ft August Forster at home and both of them made me feel like I was playing the piano of my dream.
I really loved the concert and it made me feel released for finally finishing this piece called Variations on a Paganini Theme by Berkovich. All summer I had to play it in concerts, a competition, and other performances. Though I love this piece, I am still glad I finished it. I feel proud of not giving up it earlier because it was so ME!

Miffy
August Forster 215
Kawai GX-5
Petrof 125
Yamaha P-155
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Will you share your daughter's name Miffi, or would you rather not?
What a nice piece she composed on her participation!

S
S
This is one of the best looking piano showrooms I have ever seen. Congratulations Ori!

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
THE PIANO WORLD PARTY - SUNDAY

Most of this took place in the recital hall although there were tours of the piano display rooms as well.

Several artists performed including some very talented youngsters.

Folks:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maybe someone can attempt a list of PW members that attended. I would probably miss half of names. ;-)

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
lilylady,
Thank you for posting the pictures from "The Happening"...indeed it was!

Congratulations to Ori, your showroom is beautiful and what a setting!

I must find a way there someday.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
THE PERFORMERS ON SUNDAY

I think I missed some including PW Frank, but I did enjoy all those I heard.

Again Elena played two Liszt pieces on the concert Bluthner. Wonderful interpretations. Inspired me to go back to the famous Elegy with more passion. I haven't started listening to my zoom recordings but it they are good, I'll try to share. Both days she was amazing. Her CD's did not get there in time for her to sign them for us, but I have been assured that we will get a link to her website where I think we can purchase some...and wasn't there some talk about downloading pieces from itunes?

Probably out of order but who cares? ;-)

Student, Seth, and teacher, Svitlana (head of the educational dept at Longridge) on the Bose Imperial and Bluthner.

[Linked Image]

Ori then asked Indrek to perform on the Bose Imperial. I know that Indrek is concert artist, but both he and the Imperial blew us away! He thought for a while, while adjusting the bench. It was a spur of the moment performance. He choose Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. The perfect piece for the Imperial and for a piano party. I don't think I have ever seen him without a smile on his face, and yes, all the while he plays, he also smiles!

Throughout his playing, it was like he was presenting the themes as inspirational characters coming out of a story. Bravo to Indrek and the Bose!

Ajusting the bench

[Linked Image]

Students played so well that it was a little intimidating to follow them. But what inspiration.

[Linked Image]

Dad records

[Linked Image]

Keeping his hands warm

[Linked Image]

Playing

[Linked Image]

Proud Mom

[Linked Image]

And another piano hunt is ongoing. Currently considering the Steingraeber he performed on.

[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
THE ARTWORK

Elegant pianos - Interesting artwork!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

AND...

even two for the LILYLADY!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
THE END!

Congratulations Ori and Rebecca. May you have great success in your beautiful new location.

[Linked Image]

Posted with many thanks for sharing your Grand Opening with us,
THE LILYLADY!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Great pictures. Thanks for posting them, LL. I wish I could have been there.

Recovering cellist, amateur pianist.
[Linked Image]

Check out my blog !

[Linked Image]
Amazing pictures at amazing events. Great job LL! I also really wish I could have been there. The piano world appears as vibrant as it's ever been.

Congrats to Ori and family.

Z
Z
Based on the title, I have to assume everyone committed suicide in creatively morbid ways at the end, right?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission