2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by galaxy4t
Casio usually includes the AC adapter, a cheap pedal, and a music stand on all their pianos, unlike Yamaha who makes you buy it on some of their models. I think it's mostly the less expensive DGX/YPG non weighted keyboards where you have to buy the adapter. You can double check the spec sheet on the PX 130/330. It should list what accessories come with it. By the way, it looks like the PX 330 is available online from Guitar Center. I would think there will be floor models later this month to play and check out.

The YPG is a weighted keyboard and it comes with the adapter.

Last edited by Nikalette; 09/09/09 11:16 AM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
crazy

Last edited by Nikalette; 09/09/09 11:16 AM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by limavady
wow you're right....now the only thing i hope you're wrong about (not you really but MF) is that damn adapter! ----Maybe the trade off for not having the songs is also the 16 track recorder/sd card slot.

I went ahead and canceled my order with Kraft who told me they couldn't match the 20% price and placed the order with Music 123, for a price of $559. They have a 20% off 1 item customer appreciation sale right now and he agreed to drop any shipping fee as well. Kraft told me that M123 is making about $15 and that he couldn't match the price.

Last edited by Nikalette; 09/09/09 11:18 AM.
L
L
Mike Martin, Appreciate the clarification on the adaptor. --Like i'd mentioned a couple of times yesterday I imagine it was the person copying the info from the casio site and seeing the word 'accessories' ended up assuming that meant stuff you have to purchase seperately. Casio had listed accessories such as the the adaptor and music stand and put YES next to them and then at the bottom also listed optional accessories and they all got lumped into one when MF was doing the copying of the info, i reckon.

Well good for you Nickalette in getting that same deal and thanks galaxy4t on the encouragement on my purchase. I had originally just intended to keep my cost down as low as possible and get the 130 but with the labor day sales promos it really bridged the gap to where i just coudn't resist having not only the rhythms, extra sounds, 16 track recorder as the icing on the cake to play around with. my main interest right now is getting better and learning classical pieces but i like all music enough to want to play around with some of the keyboard featues of the 330 as well.

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
-
I was considering changing my Roland HP-101 for a DP-990, but if Casio have cured the wobbly key problem on the PX-830 I may go for that...got to try one first though.
-

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Mike Martin, Appreciate the clarification on the adaptor. --Like i'd mentioned a couple of times yesterday I imagine it was the person copying the info from the casio site and seeing the word 'accessories' ended up assuming that meant stuff you have to purchase seperately. Casio had listed accessories such as the the adaptor and music stand and put YES next to them and then at the bottom also listed optional accessories and they all got lumped into one when MF was doing the copying of the info, i reckon.

Well good for you Nickalette in getting that same deal and thanks galaxy4t on the encouragement on my purchase. I had originally just intended to keep my cost down as low as possible and get the 130 but with the labor day sales promos it really bridged the gap to where i just coudn't resist having not only the rhythms, extra sounds, 16 track recorder as the icing on the cake to play around with. my main interest right now is getting better and learning classical pieces but i like all music enough to want to play around with some of the keyboard featues of the 330 as well.

limavady, the fun thing with the different voices as I've found is it makes it so much easier to practice scales. I didn't check and see if the Casio have the chorus/choir...it's totally fun to hear human sounding voices sing the scales. And then the harpsichord voice is great for Bach pieces. I'm happy to have the outputs so I can splurge later and get a little sound system, and there is a gig bag that fits the Casios. As you mentioned a 16 track recorder is awesome, and I'm so looking forward to being able to actually read music again with a stand that is not placed so far back.

Are you going to get the matching stand? I like the look of it. I'm holding off on that and the 3 pedal unit until I sell my current DP.

I have my old Casio CTK 591 which has a big songbook and educational software, so I guess I'll hang on to that.

Thanks for posting your deal, that's what encouraged me this morning to cancel and look for the best deal.

Last edited by Nikalette; 09/09/09 01:20 PM.
L
L
Nikalette, yea it's funny how we, or i should speak for myself, have our price points; when the PX330 was a total of $605 at MF (15% off and $10.00 shipping) I still was going to get the PX130 for $425. But when i saw the wwbw 20% off any item and was able to have them agree to the free shipping bringing it down to a total of $560 it bacame a little too close to the original PX130 price to pass up.

The stand does seem to look nice but i'm going to hold off for now. For one thing that price point thing; i've spent all I'm going to for the time being but more than that....isn't the stand one where you actually attach/screw-in the piano to that stand making it somewhat permanent? Not that i'm going to be toting it around all that much but I'd still like a little more portability than the stand bolted to it seems to give it. So after a month or two maybe i'll rethink that especially if i'm not moving it at all. The wiggle factor of the x stands is something to consider but doesn't really bother me much right now; maybe on the casio it could be a different story and make me consider the stand all the more, i don't know.

M
M
Nikalette, yea it's funny how we, or i should speak for myself, have our price points; when the PX330 was a total of $605 at MF (15% off and $10.00 shipping) I still was going to get the PX130 for $425. But when i saw the wwbw 20% off any item and was able to have them agree to the free shipping bringing it down to a total of $560 it bacame a little too close to the original PX130 price to pass up.

Haha! The price point change. It was $100 up for me from the used PX 120 to the new PX 130. That PX 330 looks really tempting, but since feel and sound are the same, I need to keep something in my pocket. Plus I got the stand YAY! I've been so lonely without something to practice on that I hooked up my M-Audio Axiom 49. And it feels so icky (though I was all happy when I got it before).

Casio PX 130 - YAY!
Piano noob
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
-
It seems the new Privia range has arrived in the UK. WESTSIDE MUSIC CENTRES
-

U
U
does anyone know when the px730 or px830 is going to be for sale for the US?

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Ultomato-Mike Martin-the Casio Marketing director occassionally reads and answers posts on here. Perhpas he will answer this question.

Originally Posted by Ultomato
does anyone know when the px730 or px830 is going to be for sale for the US?

PX-730 will be in next month. PX-830, not 2010.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Hello Mike, thanks for coming to our discussions. We also have a thread called Casio PX130/730/330 review for those of us who have made purchases in the last couple of weeks.

I'll mention this link over there also. There are some questions on features.

L
L
I wonder if anyone has gotten the cs67 stand along with theie 130 or 330? I think i read somewhere it's adjustable and i wonder how that works; that is could you re-set it without alot of hassle of it more or less screwed in where you set it? The other day I was reading the thread on correct height of the keyboard, floor to top of keys and i think the accepted height was 28.5"....I notice with the X stand I have now is that it's impossible to get it that low; i think i'm at 30.5....even looking at these stands on the MF site it seems they only go as low as 27" which would make it hard to achieve the 28.5' recommended. What's the deal? Hopefully the Casio stand will let you get that height if in fact that's the ideal height.

Changing the subject, i think the 830 has a sort of textured key surface if I'm not mistaken from what i read on the international casio site....so i guess they need to whittle down the stock of 800s before introducing that here especially since that textured surface on the keys sounds like a pretty nice innovation.

Last edited by limavady; 09/14/09 11:11 PM.
Limavady,
The height of the CS67 stand is not adjustable. I get you a measurement of the height of the keyboard when on this stand asap.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
L
L
Mike Martin, Thank you!

By the way, that was some very nice playing you did on the PX130 demo...I especially liked the part where you had the split feature on with the bass on the left; I'm going to go back and watch and listen to that and try to sort of emulate what you're doing; don't worry, i'm a beginneer and won't even come close! It would be cool though if Casio had you do piano demos kind of like another company is apparently sponsering 'the piano guy' only he sounds a little like cruise ship piano guy, not that there's anything wrong with that. Ok, I better shut-up but seriously I'd love to hear you share some of your playing maybe on a tutorial type level...Your gig with casio perhaps does not give you enough time etc to also do this but just putting in a request!

J
J
I just got my PX330 today (cs67 stand arrived Friday :-( ), and the 3 pedals, and set everything up tonight. For limavady, I measure the stand at 28 5/8" from the floor to the tops of the white keys (give or take an 1/8"). For comparison purposes, my Baldwin upright (on wheels) is 27 5/8". I don't notice the height difference.

I really like the stand, it has a nice finish that integrates well with the piano, it's stable, and I like how the piano screws into it securely. If you want to transport the keyboard, just unscrew 4 easy wingnuts, unscrew 2 screws from a metal support bar in the keyboard, and you are good to go.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I posted most of this at an inquiry over at ABF but I'll repost it here:

I just came back from the mall and the Casio showroom. I'm friends with the Casio salesguy and he let me try out the new models and even gave me the only(!) brochure in the store. I was surprised they already have the new PX-730 on display and that's what I tried out. (I was expecting new models to come slowly in my country). The changes aren't drastic enough to warrant an upgrade for someone who owns the previous generation's DP, but the improvements are nice. Some highlights:

- I thought the keys felt more responsive and less sluggish. The first few weeks that I owned my PX-720, I thought the keys were somewhat sluggish, but I don't notice that anymore nowadays (I guess I adapted?).

- The heavy key weight was still there, but somehow they felt easier to press in the PX-730. I think the key return is also a tad faster.

- It has a USB port which is a feature I wish my PX-720 had.

- The first thing I noticed was that the keys vibrate. They don't in the PX-720 because the speakers are detached below the keyboard and the feeling was weird at the start. Actually I'm not sure where the speakers for the PX-730 are located.

- I thought the tone was good but nothing to rave about. I can't compare it with the older one because it was noisy at the mall. The electronic piano setting is horrible IMO.

- According to the brochure, the PX-830, Celviano AP-220, AP-420, and AP-620 are coming soon. (But they weren't in the store yet).

- The PX-830 has an interesting cover which opens up and doubles as a music rack (at least that's what it looks like from the pictures). I'd get the PX-830 just for that - the music rack runs the whole length of the piano so you can place a lot of sheet music there! I'm not a fan of the PX-720/730 music rack which looks really cool but is too short and flimsy. The PX-830's music rack seems thicker and sturdier.

- One thing I found interesting was that the Celviano AP series now come with a piano bench! Piano benches are also listed as accessories in the "Privia Optional Accessories" page. I'm definitely going to get one smile

I'm planning to get another DP for weekend and holiday practice at home and was thinking of getting a Clavinova but now I'm considering the new Casios as well. The price points and features just can't be beat! I just think I'd feel a bit weird if I had both the PX-720 and PX-730 grin Maybe I should spring for the PX-830 or a Celviano instead.

Last edited by marimorimo; 09/15/09 09:06 AM.

Working on: Schumann Album for the Young, Clementi Op 36 No. 1 (all movements), Various Bach, Czerny 599
+ CASIO PX-720 and PX-730 +
K
K
What's the maximum power one can get from the LINE OUT terminals of PX-330 ? May I for example attach 20W speakers to them without using amplifier ?

Casio Privia PX-330BK + CS-67PBK + SP-32, AKG K142 HD
V
V
Line OUT signal must be amplified.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission