2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 8 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
The 14th Annual World Piano Pedagogy Conference is coming up soon, October 22 - 25, in Phoenix, AZ.

I have found this to be a highly inspirational conference for piano teachers, one that I wish I had attended from the beginning. I still kick myself that I waited 8 years to get off my duff and take the plunge.

I checked on-line and both airfares to Phoenix and the conference hotel are still a bargain. I used Hotels.com and found a rate lower than the conference rate.

No matter what level you're at in your personal playing and teaching skills, I'm certain you'll enjoy and find this conference worthwhile.

If you sign up, please tell them that John V. sent you! We have a friendly competition among die-hard conference aficionados. Thanks.

"Those who dare to teach must never cease to learn." -- Richard Henry Dann
Full-time Private Piano Teacher offering Piano Lessons in Olympia, WA. www.mypianoteacher.com
Certified by the American College of Musicians; member NGPT, MTNA, WSMTA, OMTA
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'm still waiting for them to publish the articles four of us wrote for them several years ago. frown To my knowledge, the project was DoA.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
I was aware that NCKP published articles, I didn't know that WPPC had a publishing arm?!

Full-time Private Piano Teacher offering Piano Lessons in Olympia, WA. www.mypianoteacher.com
They do an online "Webzine" at Pianovision.com. It includes forums and feature articles from various people. One of the online articles was to be an extension of a panel discussion some of us were asked to participate in one year. We were invited, paid our own way, and asked to write up our thoughts for publication in the Webzine. I spent several hours writing and revising something for them and sent it in. A few months later, I got a cryptic message saying something about our articles wouldn't "fit" in the Webzine and our articles would be shortened and combined into a single article. I contacted them another time or two but never heard back. Since I don't subscribe to the Webzine, I have no idea if what we did for them (for free) was ever published or not.

Don't get me wrong, it's a *wonderful* conference, but I lost some faith in their leadership that year.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
I do subscribe to the Webzine, and I checked to see if your name was there. I'm wondering if that was the year they fired the office staff. Many problems that year. Paid reservations lost, etc. What was that blond's name? BTW, there are quite a few articles listed. What was the topic of your article?

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission