2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Spring Into Sound Sale
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
78 members (brdwyguy, 36251, anotherscott, c++, AndyOnThePiano, Bill McKaig,RPT, 18 invisible), 466 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1263733 09/06/09 10:13 PM
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I posted some of this info on a different topic but here goes.

GC has a sale now on the V, just till tomorrow night. They're telling me if I bring in my YPG 635 tomorrow they might give me a substantial credit towards purchase since it's very new and I'd be doing a huge upgrade. I just posted an ad on Craig's list, but I'll probably schlepp down to SF tomorrow reluctantly, because I haven't seen a sale this good on the Vs before. I'm also going to make some calls to online sellers and see if they'll do a price match, so I can avoid tax.

Otherwise, I'm only saving about $500 on the V.

I'm pretty sure I can recoup most of what I paid if I sell privately, since I got such a good deal. I figure I'll lose about $100 on a private sale, and anywhere from $200-300 at GC.

On the other hand, if I can get an online seller to match their price, I'll go for it and sell the YPG at leisure.

Anyway, it bodes well for some other sales, maybe at the holidays, if I chicken out and decide to wait.

A discount of $1,000 over the usual retail so soon after its debut is a good thing. Maybe these babies just aren't selling.
It is a special order, all they have is the floor model.

What do you think? Anyone else tempted?

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
They aren't selling. It's really strange, because if it was priced appropriately (for the consumer) they would be selling like hot cakes - and I would be buying one. Roland doesn't actually seem interested in selling V-Piano to the masses. (Also strange, since the "masses" in the case of Music Technology is a very small segment of society.)

Most folks that are interested, are waiting for the technology to show up in lower priced units, and/or additional features - other sounds, for example.

If you are really concerned about costs, I would recommend waiting . . . . .

Lawrence

S
S
Originally Posted by Nikalette
GC has a sale now on the V, just till tomorrow night. They're telling me if I bring in my YPG 635 tomorrow they might give me a substantial credit towards purchase since it's very new and I'd be doing a huge upgrade.
When buying something new, I don't ever consider the trade-in allowance to be part of the deal. I cannot rely on the dealer to give a proper value for the trade-in. I do that myself by selling it privately.

As for the sale that "ends tomorrow night" ... don't count on it. The sale will go on forever. The "ends tomorrow" phrase is just a ploy to get you to hurry up and buy. Don't fall for it, and don't ever be in a hurry. The party in haste is generally at a disadvantage.

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
Steve and Lawrence...thanks for the advice.

T
T

A discount of $1,000 over the usual retail so soon after its debut is a good thing. Maybe these babies just aren't selling.

I posted a price in another thread when it was $4,800. How does that compare to the price you are being offered? I think $4,800 is more than $1,000 off.

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by The_Linux_Crew

I posted a price in another thread when it was $4,800. How does that compare to the price you are being offered? I think $4,800 is more than $1,000 off.

It was $4,999 at GC through today. I finally checked out the link you posted. I'm a bit skeptical of rebates versus sale prices. Anyway, I think I'm going to wait for the price to drop more. I'm already getting calls on the YPG.

I think I could get all of my money back, even though I listed it for less than that, because like me, many buyers are trying to avoid sales tax.

Last edited by Nikalette; 09/07/09 11:25 PM.
T
T
I still think it is expensive, although the extra $200 might be worth it if you don't want to wait for the rebate. These will probably drop more in price over time. New music tech doesn't drop as fast as new computers, but they tend to follow the same overall pattern. Look at the $5,000 DPs from 10 years ago and compare them with the $1,000 ones now. Of course, you might not want to wait 10 years to get it for $1,000, but even a few months could make a big difference. I think $3,000 would not be unreasonable by next year.

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
Well if it's going to be $3,000 by next year, I'll wait. smile

I'm in the quandry of wanting 2 keyboards, really. One with the great sound and touch of the V, the other that is super-portable like the PX 330. And the portable one needs to have line out.

I thought the YPG was a compromise.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dealer Reduction?
by brdwyguy - 04/11/21 11:55 AM
Extra notes on old Sohmer
by TimM_980 - 04/11/21 11:46 AM
[Poll] Which exercise book do you do and why?
by meghdad - 04/11/21 10:23 AM
Recording Acoustic Piano
by JeffM123 - 04/11/21 10:14 AM
Budget Stage/portable Piano
by Amy H - 04/11/21 09:11 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,218
Posts3,081,065
Members101,150
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission