2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jotur #1248952 08/14/09 08:07 AM
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here's my submission for August. It's called "More" (Theme from Mondo Cane). I recently contacted an old girlfriend from my high school days. This was a song that was popular when we were dating so I thought I'd drag it out. Enjoy!

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
epf #1248983 08/14/09 09:39 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Ed - excellent touch and phrasing on this beautiful theme from the 60s documentary - very well played & sounding very professional - I remember hearing a version of this by the piano duet of Farrante & Ticher right after the film was released (they were hot then) - thanks for the delightful trip down Memory Lane!

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
JF, Thanks for your comments. I, too, remember the version by Farrante & Teicher. This was always a bittersweet piece of music for me and I tried to bring that out in my playing.

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
jotur #1249568 08/15/09 12:17 AM
Ashokan Farewell. I cry every time I hear the version with the recitation of Sullivan Ballou's letter. Chuck Leavell does a great piano version which I downloaded from Itunes. I am working up my own piano arrangement. Also love all those Civil War songs.

Just uploaded two original songs to my myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/harpernicole

These are works in progress but you get to hear the whole package, lead guitar, piano, vocals, original works...

I shot video all week for my music videos of San Francisco Bay Baby Blue and Living in the L.

Last edited by Nicole94707; 08/15/09 01:13 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/hnicoleanderson
Yamaha CP-33 Stage Piano
Manuel Rodriguez Flamenco Guitar
Les Paul Custom Deluxe
Fender Deluxe Strat
Sonar X Producer
With the recent interest in Schumann on the ABF, I figured I'd share my take on "Von Fremden Ländern und Menschen" (Kinderszenen, Op. 15 No. 1) as well:

http://www.box.net/shared/xabzgj8fx4

Be sure to also check out Peyton's submission to Recital #15 of this piece, it's a far less conservative approach to it!

I've been able to "almost" play this piece for almost two weeks now, but finally a warm summer night, decent Rioja and the stars lined up for a take decent enough to publish without dying of shame laugh

Hope you'll enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed learning it, and feedback of the most ruthless kind is very welcome!

aim for the moon - if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjdBLplKXNg

This is "I'll Walk with God" from a movie from the 1950s called "The Student Prince."

I recorded a torchy accompaniment on the organ behind the piano and used canned intros and endings that I think were inspired by "St. Elmo's Fire" or "Hill Street Blues" or something but oh well.

Anyway, haven't uploaded anything up in here in ages, so enjoy!

Click HERE for two years of music theory and history training in 3 min. 5 seconds.
Former Piano Industry Professional
Full-Time Student
Entrepreneurship/Music Theory/Music History
Indiana University
Steinway M
Roland AT90R Atelier organ

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
bunneh- I see what you mean about the ritardando and agree with your approach. I know my rubato is pretty liberal but without it the piece just sounds too much like it's glued to a metronome. It's fun to hear the different approaches to this beautiful piece.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission