2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 190 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 189 190
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
I just got a huge hint from my dog...

He ate the cover off book 2... smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
You have to admit he has "good taste" in piano method books wink

How are things going in Book 3 Mark?

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by JohnFrank:
You have to admit he has "good taste" in piano method books wink

How are things going in Book 3 Mark?

Regards, JF
Book three is very enjoyable. Its a work in progress doing two full pages each week.

Mark...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
He ate the cover off book 2...
hahahaha, I have a semi torn page with muddy footprints on mine.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Oxfords Gal:
He ate the cover off book 2...
hahahaha, I have a semi torn page with muddy footprints on mine.
I guess they had enough of book 2...lol

The covers from Books 2 and 3 that I have were torn off by my sister, when they were hers. Does that count for something?

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Cyborg - what are you working on now in 2? JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

JF,

I'm currently working on "La Donna E Mobile" from "Rigoletto".

It may take several weeks to get it down since it's the lowest priority of the four pieces I'm currently working on.

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Cyborg - you'll like La Donna - 2nd section is a little more difficult, but manageable.

I'm still working on the Waltz in G minor - really nice piece but the 2nd section of this is just a little tricky because it's played largely on the black keys in both hands.

Regards, JF

Originally posted by JohnFrank:
right now I'm also reviewing "Pomp and Circumstance" from earlier in Book 2, but for some reason I find this piece a little difficult (harder than it looks),
John,

I'm glad to hear that someone else besides me had trouble with that one. At first glance it looked pretty easy, but it tool a while to get it down.

[Linked Image]

At it since January 07 and LOVIN IT!!!

Check out my "HOUSE BLOG" http://amateurhousebuilder.blogspot.com/
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Michael Dugan:
John,
I'm glad to hear that someone else besides me had trouble with that one. At first glance it looked pretty easy, but it tool a while to get it down.
Yes - I have several pieces in Book 2 marked "Easier than it looks" and several other pieces marked "Harder than it looks" - Pomp is one of the latter group, except I put an exclamation mark behind it!

There is something about the arrangement - I think it's the changing hand positions in combination with several moderately difficult fingerings in both hands - that makes it more challenging than at 1st glance you would think it would be.

I'm playing it better now on my 2nd attempt, but still don't have it to the point where I would record it as a "keeper" - I've given myself to the end of the weekend to master it.

Were there any other Book 2 pieces that gave you more problems than you at first thought they would?

Regards, JF

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Finished studying Waltz in G Minor - now working on Theme from Symphony No. 6 & reviewing Dark Eyes. JF

I'm still on "Rigoletto". It's been neglected during practice because I'm concentrating on my formal recital pieces for next week. I really need to have it down by next Thursday's lesson. Otherwise, I'll get stuck with it another two weeks, since we don't have lessons the week after recitals. Then it's on to "Frankie and Johnny".

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Cyborg:
I'm still on "Rigoletto". It's been neglected during practice because I'm concentrating on my formal recital pieces for next week. I really need to have it down by next Thursday's lesson. Otherwise, I'll get stuck with it another two weeks, since we don't have lessons the week after recitals. Then it's on to "Frankie and Johnny".
Rigoletto is one tough piece. And I really like Frankie and Johnnie. Good luck...

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Cyborg - what Mark said. They're both good pieces in their own way. Have Fun. The Theme from the 6th Symphony (Tchaikovsky) I'm currently working on has a very pretty melody, which was used for a pop hit years ago, but I can't remember what it was called.

Regards, JF

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Just put the finishing touches on the "Theme from the 6th Symphony" - started "Fascination" today - seems fairly straight-forward and not too difficult - only 6 more pieces to go in Book 2 - will be reviewing the Theme from Chopin's Etude, Op.10, No.3 also, which was a pretty difficult, but beautiful, piece initially - will try to memorize it this time and get it recorded decently.

Regards, JF

I think I'm going to get stuck with "Rigoletto" for another two weeks. I don't think I'm going to have it down by Thursday, although it is getting better. If I'm lucky my teacher will assign me "Frankie and Johnny" along with "Memory" from "Cats" that I'm going to be working on from the Alfred's Solo Book.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Cyborg - You'll like Frankie & Johnnie - it's a fun song - the 2nd part of La Donna ("Rigoletto") is a little tricky but manageable with some extra work.

Regards, JF

Hi JF,

I wrapped up one piece of music that I was assigned and I'm finally finished with my spring recital.

I'm still working on La Donna again and will be for two weeks. Ironically, after today I almost have it down. I seem to be getting the second part down faster than the first. If I get it down well in the next week I'll start on "Frankie and Johnny".

Also, my teacher assigned me "Memory" from Cats and another piece from another book I'm working through. It's amzing how much I was able to accomplish today without needing to work on two additional recital pieces.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Cyborg - It sounds like you're real glad that recital is behing you. smile Glad I don't have to go thru that!

Are you planning on doing any recordings for the next recital or one of the upcoming monthly piano bars?

Regards, JF

Page 25 of 190 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission