2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, 12 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 70 of 190 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 189 190
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by HeirborneGroupie
Congrats Waltz!!! I knew you could do it.

Book 2 is going to feel empty without you. But I wish you well in book 3. I will be here for a long while yet. I'm only half way through.

I know I tend to post a lot and keep this thread on page one blush but I'll still post here even when I'm officially finished with 2. This thread has been my home base since I've been on pianoworld, I really like it. And thanks for the congrats !

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Music_in_Me
Way to go Waltz! That's a big achievement no doubt! Ask me, I quit L2 some 6 or 7 years ago as I just hit a wall... However, I didn't have a teacher for L2, I did for L1. Now, I feel with this forum, I might be able to pull it off and finish L2 before end of year. But you are great for dong it all non stop. More power to you.

Thanks MIM! You will achieve it now, I believe, whenever you wish. You are obviously a talented player, and I will listen to all recordings you post avec plaisir smile

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TTigg
Originally Posted by Waltz
O.K., I officially passed Canon in D this morning!

Congrats!! Well done, now get on over here to #3. Actually I've had a rough 2-3wks (work) so my initial start to #3 was stalled, not going as good as I'd like, will be nice to have some familiar faces around....
thumb

Thanks TTigg ! Yea, it seems like ages ago that you and Undone left for the book 3 thread. Sorry about work being tough right now, that is never fun and piano is very time consuming. There are a few things (such as recording CiD lol) that I feel I should do before moving over to your thread, but I probably will by this time next week. Nice hearing from you and thanks again.

Waltz

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Very, very nicely played smile . Very controlled and a well done subtle increase in speed

[Linked Image]
Congratulations Waltz. See you in the book 3 thread (where you will soon find that the work required by Canon in D was just a warm up). smile

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Undone, I took a peek at L3 and I didn't like what I saw! Some pieces look deceptively simple by the few notes appearing on the page, but I know for sure they are not easy to play. I dabbled with Star Spangled Banner 4 years ago, and I thought it was a beautiful piece to play, but it was very hard getting left and right to cooperate on that. I also spent some time on Fur Elise and was only able to do about one page, and quit after seeing the left hand acrobatic stuff... laugh . But that's why we should learn these pieces..to get good at more advanced pieces. I think you are good, and I'm sure you'll pull it off in no time. I can't wait to get there though.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone
Congratulations Waltz. See you in the book 3 thread (where you will soon find that the work required by Canon in D was just a warm up). smile

Undone

Thanks Undone, and I will certainly see you in the B.3 thread, where I will probably keep the thread on page one daily lol. It makes me shudder to think that Canon in D is going to soon become the common difficulty of the pieces I learn. It's really nice to hear from you again, and thanks for the warning smile

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey,

I was thinking of submitting Canon in D for the recital. I have a question though:

Does that mean I can't post it here first? Do I have to "keep it a secret" until August 15th? Seems like a long time to go without feedback, as I will have certainly moved on by that time. . .

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, I don't really know all of the E-recital rules.

[Linked Image]
N
N
I recorded Canon in D this morning. It's a far from perfect recording; but I only enough time to try it a few times. I was proud of myself that I kept going and didn't jump back to repeat something I flubbed. (I was pretending it was a true recital).

Overall I'm fairly pleased as I got through it with only a few glaring mistakes and there are a some hesitations. Feedback welcome of course smile

I wanted to share it with Waltz especially. I have a hard time playing this song perfectly from end to end. It takes me about 3.5 minutes to play this song - even over multiple recordings! I was surprised it was so consistent.

http://www.box.net/shared/yrfdu5766v

I hope to get to a point where I can play it flawlessly.

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Wow, I actually enjoyed listening to this Nancy. Good job. I hope I can play anywhere near that when I get to it in a few months!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey,

I was thinking of submitting Canon in D for the recital. I have a question though:

Does that mean I can't post it here first? Do I have to "keep it a secret" until August 15th? Seems like a long time to go without feedback, as I will have certainly moved on by that time. . .

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, I don't really know all of the E-recital rules.

No it's all good. First of all, the percentage of people who visit this thread (compared against the whole mess of folks on the ABF forum) is pretty low. Let's face it, there are only 10 or so of us posting regularly on this thread, plus maybe a few lurkers. If numbers hold to form, there will be around 80 recital submissions. Heck, the number of people on the ABF forum this very instant is 94, so the vast majority of people who hear your recording on or after August 15 will do so for the first time.

Secondly, this sort of thing happens all the time. Heck, if I had an acceptable recording of my recital piece, I'd already have posted it on my blog, and asked for feedback. As it is, I'm going to need every bit of the next two weeks to get it together.

The recital is actually pretty laid back, I must say. I think the main no-no is to take someone else's recording and claim it as your own.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
N
N
Wow, I actually enjoyed listening to this Nancy. Good job. I hope I can play anywhere near that when I get to it in a few months!

Thank you!

I think it's good for me to hear myself play and I can mark all the hesitation points to work on. Top of page 3 I had quite a few. I've been working on getting rid of a few (like right at the end of the song, before the last note - there's usually a hesitation there, and I have managed to mostly squash it).

-Nancy

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by nancy_w
I recorded Canon in D this morning. It's a far from perfect recording; but I only enough time to try it a few times. I was proud of myself that I kept going and didn't jump back to repeat something I flubbed. (I was pretending it was a true recital).

Overall I'm fairly pleased as I got through it with only a few glaring mistakes and there are a some hesitations. Feedback welcome of course smile

I wanted to share it with Waltz especially. I have a hard time playing this song perfectly from end to end. It takes me about 3.5 minutes to play this song - even over multiple recordings! I was surprised it was so consistent.

http://www.box.net/shared/yrfdu5766v

I hope to get to a point where I can play it flawlessly.

Sounded great to me, and very similar to how I play it! I, personally, feel relieved that, since we both play it similarly, we both probably play it correctly. This is especially true at the ending, with the 16th notes thrown in, I was somewhat worried, but not anymore. I will try to make a recording soon, to share, but I would like to submit it for the recital also, so I hope I don't violate the rules in doing so. I guess I could make a second recording if I they forced me to.

Great job again! I wouldn't worry about the hesitations: they are slight and actually fit in nicely with this piece, and if there were other mistakes, they went without me noticing.

One major thing done exceptionally in your playing is control. The tempo is solid throughout and feels very much under your command.

Sincerely,

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Always Wanted to Play Piano
Hey,

No it's all good. First of all, the percentage of people who visit this thread (compared against the whole mess of folks on the ABF forum) is pretty low. Let's face it, there are only 10 or so of us posting regularly on this thread, plus maybe a few lurkers. If numbers hold to form, there will be around 80 recital submissions. Heck, the number of people on the ABF forum this very instant is 94, so the vast majority of people who hear your recording on or after August 15 will do so for the first time.

Secondly, this sort of thing happens all the time. Heck, if I had an acceptable recording of my recital piece, I'd already have posted it on my blog, and asked for feedback. As it is, I'm going to need every bit of the next two weeks to get it together.

The recital is actually pretty laid back, I must say. I think the main no-no is to take someone else's recording and claim it as your own.

Thanks AWTPP, that's nice to know smile . I'll probably post the recording soon then. I may make a second recording for the recital regardless, maybe throw a twist in it or something lol.

[Linked Image]
N
N

Sounded great to me, and very similar to how I play it! I, personally, feel relieved that, since we both play it similarly, we both probably play it correctly. This is especially true at the ending, with the 16th notes thrown in, I was somewhat worried, but not anymore. I will try to make a recording soon, to share, but I would like to submit it for the recital also, so I hope I don't violate the rules in doing so. I guess I could make a second recording if I they forced me to.

Great job again! I wouldn't worry about the hesitations: they are slight and actually fit in nicely with this piece, and if there were other mistakes, they went without me noticing.

One major thing done exceptionally in your playing is control. The tempo is solid throughout and feels very much under your command.

Sincerely,

Thanks! I look forward to hearing your rendition of this piece. smile

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Great Job! That was a very pretty tune and I especially like the way you ended it.

That one isn't in my book. Are you using the Basic?

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Waltz, I switched to the basic for this song only after I heard here played by Z32. It sounds much better on the piano with good pedalling, but when it goes out on MIDI, it sounds cheap!

Anyone has any tips for recording directly from the keyboard to the computer through the sound card? My understanding is that you get a cable with two plug inserts on one end that go into the L and R sound outlets in the back of the keyboard, and the other end goes directly on the sound card. Then, I'm supposed to find some software that will do the recording. Has anyone tried that?

To record from the piano directly, I have no idea!! I have a large mixer I can use with the microphone, but do I need that?

To do it on the piano with the camera, I have no idea either! I imagine that there is some kind of software, which takes video input from the camera and sound from a microphone, mix, and sync all within? Enough rambling...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
MIM,

As far as a camera goes, which is all I do, I don't use a microphone at all. I simply use my camera's audio and video to take the vids. Probably not the best quality, but it's easy lol

There are microphones that can be bought for specific cameras. They aren't cheap, and you have to make sure your camera has a mic jack for use.

[Linked Image]
Page 70 of 190 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission