2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
I am having so much fun with a new direction (for me), attempting something Bach-like but with the slightest jazz influence added. In the interest of not using my out-of-tune piano I used my digital, sorry for the sometimes audible keystrokes/pedal. (sigh). I also highly suggest you keep your curser at the ready to shut off right after the final chord! (esp. if you are listening with headphones)....I'm afraid there's an unusually loud clunk from the recorder shutting off at that point. I'll try and get a pdf on here when I can get my hands on a zip drive to deal with it. Comments/thoughts? I am esp. wondering if the ending is too abrupt, but I do like it that way...I was envisioning something along the length/style of a two-part invention.

www.box.net/shared/zh4f7t7mp2

M
OP Offline
M
hmmm, I'm not getting an edit option for some reason. frown Here is the pdf, for what it's worth. I am leaving it plain in many ways in terms of dynamics and such because I am confident any of you can add your own and make it as Bachian as you like...though I do add pedal which I suppose is a no-no. If you care to comment I am most confused about whether or not to keep the double-flats that appear in a couple measures, so I'd love advice on that notation issue. Thanks all!

www.box.net/shared/tnt7yeza4i

PS I'll also take votes on whether the last chord in the RH should have the 7 as written or be a C2 smile

Last edited by musiccr8r; 07/15/09 03:38 PM.
A
A
I like this a lot! Very fun, and very Bach-like and jazz-like. Kudos.

I vote for a 7th in the last chord, but I think it should be a c-minor 7th, not a C-Major 7th. It's in c-minor, let's leave it that way - no silly Picardy-ness!!! smile

cheers,
adam

www.adamscottneal.com <=== main site
www.cdbaby.com/artist/adamscottneal <=== CDs for sale
www.adamscottneal.blogspot.com <=== works-in-progress blog
www.twitter.com/adamscottneal <=== follow me
www.myspace.com/asnmusic <=== be my friend
M
OP Offline
M
Ah, Adam, it was nice to get some feedback and ideas, I admit I was getting rather squeamish with the views-to-comments ratio! smile

I will go and try out your suggestion for the last chord; hadn't even considered keeping it minor. I know Picardys can be silly and usually I'd avoid them but for some reason I did like it here, it seemed to wed the Bach-era style with the 7th in a way that (to me) encapsulated the whole idea I was going for. But I will give the minor a try for kicks! Thanks for the thought!!

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission