2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (Barry_Braksick, Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
B
Will be there on Saturday with Elaine and looking forward to meeting you all. I will not be able to stay for Sunday because I have to be back In Connecticut. Just found out cruise prices will be going up by about 10 - 20 percent on the 25th so call me if interested at 860-887-6481. I think this can become an annual event.

Bill Potuchek, CTA, ACC
Owner
Dream Vacation Travels
A

Gold Member until February 2010

Gold Member until February 2010
A
We are happy to again host the Sunday Brunch of the Cape Cod Gathering on October 11th, starting at 10AM. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again and sharing our August Foerster 190.

Directions to our home will be available at the Saturday gathering, or please send me a PM; we are located about 10 minutes south of the homes hosting the Saturday gathering.

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Wow, that's great news, glad to hear it.

Thanks for hosting the group again (and thanks to all our hosts).

See you in Oct.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I'm at work so all I have time to add is... YIPPEE!!!

N
N
That is totally GREAT news. The Howes brunch 2 years ago was a spectacular event all the way around. Thanks so very much, Kathy and Tom and family.

Linda Gloo
N
N
We are just a month away from the By the Sea Piano Party.

All of our wonderful hosts, Roberta and Ed, Marilyn and Keith, Helga and John, and Kathy and Tom very graciously open up all their lovely homes and pianos to us.

It looks like a large group is coming this year and the hosts can use our support with food or drink donations of all kinds. Food is served throughout the day on Saturday as well as Sunday morning. It seems as if piano playing and listening whets the appetite.

See you all next month.

Linda Gloo
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Here is a listing of members who have responded:

2 Bill Potuchek & Elaine (CT)
1 Eric Gloo(NY)
2 HV - Howard & Susan (IL)
2 Ines Raquel (NY)
1 iscomposer (RI)
2 John Citron & friend (MA)
1 KathyK (ME)
1 Lilylady (MA)
1 LisztAddict (FL)
1 Louis XV (NY)
2 Mr PianoWorld & Kathy (FL)
1 Pianahman- Richard (MA)
4 Steve Miller & Sharon & Friends (CA)
2 Terrytunes & Steve (MA)
3 tkaczyk Eric & family (NY)
2 Woodfab - Dan & Luisa (MA)

28 Total

Not sure if Pique has made a final decision. Also a possibility that Santi Falcone might try to join us along with his wife.

Anyone else??!!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Will there be chowder?

[Linked Image]

Nothing like a good bowl of chowder to get the fingers movin!

E
E
Hi Terry,
I'm sure your count is low since you didn't mention the hosts (8+), or Jerry & Linda, Ed Papier (NY), Larry Buck, or Jim Cullen and I'm sure there are more.

It's great to learn that Kathy and Tom Howes will once again be able to host the Sunday portion of our Cape Cod weekend. I encourage them to break free of their own preparations and join the Saturday fun on Freeman Lane.

I will post directions to the party in a week or two.

K
K
May I enter may name as a possible attendee? I will be visiting my son at Wheaton College that weekend and always have wanted to see Cape Cod.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by eweiss
Will there be chowder?

[Linked Image]

Nothing like a good bowl of chowder to get the fingers movin!

There well could be if you arrive with a large kettle full!!!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I would, except I like the "Manhattan" style of chowder. Can't handle the cream.

E
E
Sure, Make reservations if you need to and keep your eye on this pianoworld thread for driving instructions and the like.

E
E
Driving directions

This year the driving directions are somewhat complicated by work on the Sagamore Bridge. This job may have been shovel ready but it has not been traveler friendly. The Army Corps of Engineers is replacing the bridge deck and that work usually has 2 lanes of the Sagamore Bridge shut down and has greatly affected traffic patterns. The problem is worst going off Cape during commuting hours, but delays of an hour or more are common. Hopefully you will be traveling during off peak hours and the officials will make some provisions for Columbus weekend traffic.

From the south or west I 95 (CT turnpike) to Providence, I 195 to I 495 which becomes Rt 25, cross the canal on the Bourne Bridge, go around the Bourne rotary to the last exit before the bridge then follow the signs to Rt 6 (the mid cape highway).

Get off Rt 6 at X 12, turn right at the end of the ramp, to the first traffic light (less than one block), [the Skaket Beach Motel is on your right], turn right at the light onto Eldridge Parkway, after two more traffic lights Eldridge Parkway becomes Tonset Rd. Follow Tonset for 2 miles to Freeman Lane, bear left on Freeman for about 1/4 mi, we are the first house on the right (51 Freeman Lane) after the Snow Point turn around. The party begins around noon on Saturday at the Harrisons at the end of Uncle Jim's lane (#15) which is the first right turn after our house.

If you are coming from the west get onto I 495 and follow the directions above from I 495.

If you are coming from the north then Rt 3 south normally is the best bet. But you may want to consider avoiding Rt 3 South by taking Rt 128 to Rt 24 South to I 495 and crossing the canal on the Bourne Bridge. Or take a chance on the bridge and follow RT 3 to the new flyover and the one open lane across the Sagamore Bridge onto Rt 6. Then get off at exit 12 as above.

One source of traffic reports is SmarTraveler Boston. Please make an allowance for traffic delays.

E
E
Traffic Update - Good News

"The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has announced it will adjust the work schedule on the Sagamore Bridge for the next three weekends to relieve traffic backups that have plagued motorists coming and going from Cape Cod."

"For the Columbus Day holiday weekend, a second lane will be open coming onto the Cape from 2 p.m. Oct. 9 through 5 a.m. Oct. 11. A second lane of traffic on the bridge will be open leaving the Cape from 11 a.m. Oct. 11 through 10 a.m. Oct. 13."

This should be good news especially for those coming from the north including Boston, Lowell and Maine. Rt 3 and the Sagamore Bridge is likely to be the best way to get to Rt 6. Good traveling, drive safely.

Cape Cod Online (Cape Cod Times) Story

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
i am so sorry to report i won't be able to make it this time. and there are so many of you i want to meet!

maybe next year....

we have family obligations that weekend. but i will be in nyc oct. 16-nov. 1. hope to see many of you then/there.

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey
B
B
Thanks for the directions and Elaine and I look foward to meeting all of you. I will be at a travel show in Atlantic City from 6-9 but will probably get some rest before heading out Saturday morning. Have to be back in CT on Sunday so unfortunately will miss the great brunch. Maybe next year. By the way there is still space on the cruise in March. Wny not join us.

Bill Potuchek, CTA, ACC
Owner
Dream Vacation Travels
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Our long awaited Cape Cod piano gathering is fast approaching!!! laugh yippie

I thought it might be a good plan to set up a few name tags for PW members. If anyone would care to have a nifty little laminated PW name tag, let me know by PM.

Ok, let's talk food once again.

My thoughts would be to have Ed make some suggestions for what the host families would like to request. After the request has been provided, others can sign up for a particular item.

Or if there is a specific goodie you'd like to bring along, perhaps guests could make mention of what they would like to contribute.

I would like to contribute a Fumi Salad for Saturday and a couple of cran/banana breads for Sunday.

On another note... I have rented a house in Wellfleet and would like to extend an invitation to everyone a chance to gather Friday evening. I guess we could refer to it as a "play-off" to the weekend since hopefully a small vintage Henry Miller grand will be at our location in Wellfleet.

Our housemates include the very talented Lilylady; the one and only Mr PianoWorld and his lovely friend, Kathy!!!

If you are interested in an early start to the weekend and would like to head on over for a pre-piano gathering, I'll provide an address and my cellphone number through a PM.

Safe travels to everyone!

N
N
Jerry will be bringing his famous baked beans. I just had a total shoulder replacement so I'm not cooking for awhile but will be happy to bring anything else useful.

thanks for the fri invitation terry. also many thanks for the great card.

linda gloo

Linda Gloo
N
N
We had a call last night from a Cape Cod gal who would like to come to the party with her husband and another couple. Jerry said, Wonderful!. So Terry please add these names to the list.

Ginny O'Holleran and husband.
Gayle and Carl Regway

Ginny said she would bring baked ziti. Mmmn I'm starting to get hungry.

The countdown begins; 7 days left.

Linda Gloo
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission