2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 108 of 136 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 135 136
J
J
Hihi

Thanks for all the comments, hmmm.... still abit lost though? I have learned piano before till grade 5, but hor never bother to learn much about the technical aspect.well, now because of my daughter no choice, got to do some homework. Actually i have an ashton piano. have you guys heard of it. but it is left in my office now, still contemplating should i shift it back.

Well, Yamaha is having sales right now. A brand new U1 cost $6699.00 isit cheap? If i want to buy a second hand piano below ten years (U1 Piano) how much will it cost?

na
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oh that should be the U1J.
actual U1 is $8500 smile

~5yrs U1 can be found by searching the classified ads. Someone selling $5.5k i thinks its a good buy.

No need to think too much, mover cost only 80~100. Just make some space at home floor, click click.. piano is home already.
Any piano can be made playable. Maybe move it home first, see how yr daughter progress then decide to buy new or not later lor.

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
J
J
anybody selling baby grand or know where to get one?

J
J
hi
snoopy car

You mean the classified ad in this piano forum? i cant find leh, can enlighten me. thanks

na
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
hi jently try this link

http://singapore.locanto.sg/ID_102098663/Yamaha-U1-for-Sale.html
some older but excellent condtion U1 are available elsewhere like shops and private seller. guide line is 5~10yrs, 5.5~6.5k. 10~20yrs, 4.5~5.5k, 20~25yr, 3.5k~4.2k
pisss.. i'm selling my U1... laugh

hi jijiboy
what price range and brands are you looking for?
new or 2nd hand?

J
J
Hi

Snoopy, so you are the one selling the piano? er..$5k quite ex leh, still thinking how much should i invest in the piano.

na
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
hehe.. no... mine is mine, i didnt advetise anywhere.
i recently got a very good condition pearlriver 118 piano. After tweaking it, now i'm thinking its better than my U1!! That's why i'm thinking to let go of it.

You could take route 1: buy a good 1500~1900 2nd hand piano, after some time, then decide if child or yourself need a better piano.

or route 2: buy the best new one wallet can afford and leave no room for regrets smile

Good advice from snoopycar smile

Agreed ...

Any more beginning Singaporeans (beginning S'poreans? Like the newly "converted"-must-go-NS type meh?) buying first piano bench? Or first piano? Or first S'pore IC? (kidding lah ... haha!).

I'm still waiting to be quarantined, but haven't got H1N1 leh ... now S'pore in asia top top h1n1 site ... heheh!!! Small country (small island) with much more cases per square foot of land area than most countries, is it?

(to non-s'poreans: sorry hor, I'm using Singlish - must be too cheam for you ...)

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
J
J
Originally Posted by snoopycar
hi jently try this link

hi jijiboy
new or 2nd hand?

My max budge would be $7000. I saw on the internet that a Young Chang baby grand was selling at only $3000. Wanted to get it, but was sold frown

I am also looking for 2nd hand baby grand.

D
D
Originally Posted by chihuahua

Any more beginning Singaporeans (beginning S'poreans? Like the newly "converted"-must-go-NS type meh?) buying first piano bench? Or first piano? Or first S'pore IC? (kidding lah ... haha!).

Hmm buying 1st metronome...

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R

On the subject of piano benches, why don't adjustable benches ever come with storage compartments like those flip-top non-adjustable Yamaha benches? They could make a very slim drawer at the base of the bench or something. I have no more space to store new music books! mad

On the other hand, if my adjustable bench looks like the one Digitus has, I think I wouldn't complain about the lack of storage on my bench. Btw, the buttons on my bench collect fluff... exactly like belly-button, er, "fluff"! whome

F
F
Hello!

Here's my situation - I'm a reasonably advanced pianist who is "re-picking up" the piano after minimal practice for the past 11 years. (Studying overseas, work, etc)

I currently own a 28-year old Yamaha U1 which is still in good shape. The tone's not as even, and the touch isn't as good as it used to be. But it's usable, and was my first piano after all. smile

The problem is that I stay in a small apartment. And let's face it, the standard repertoire isn't always pleasant sounding when practiced repeatedly. Also, I find that my tonal production has gotten considerably worse after practicing for a few months with the muffler pedals.

I have two options:

a. Buy a silent piano. Currently unfortunately only the Yamaha U-1 and Kawai K3/K5 are available in silent. I was hoping to get a better piano than my current one. (Oddly enough, do other people feel like the U-1 has gotten slightly worse? Or is it just because the one at the showroom is less 'seasoned' than the one at home?)

b. Buy a portable keyboard. I don't have space for a digital piano. I tried the P-85, and I have concerns about the touch and tone (not sensitive enough, and too light). But it does cost a lot less. The pro of this is that the savings will eventually go towards say an RX2-AT if I ever get a bigger place. Needless to say, I have piano envy after trying out my friends' grand pianos. (It's much easier to play repeated notes)

Comments on the two options? Are there other silent piano options that I have missed out? Keyboard options? Are there also places that sell used silent pianos? (I would love to have some of the silent pianos in Yamaha's European lineup for example, e.g. SU series silent) Also, Bohemia's website say they will install quiet time on their pianos if asked, but the local dealers don't seem to carry the silent version.

In progress

Beethoven: Op 109, Op 110
J
J
Originally Posted by jijiboy
hi jently try this link

hi jijiboy
new or 2nd hand?

My max budge would be $7000. I saw on the internet that a Young Chang baby grand was selling at only $3000. Wanted to get it, but was sold frown

I am also looking for 2nd hand baby grand.

pls refer to above ^^

also, how much can a 6 years old Young Chang U 131 N go for?

Originally Posted by Roxane
On the subject of piano benches, why don't adjustable benches ever come with storage compartments like those flip-top non-adjustable Yamaha benches? They could make a very slim drawer at the base of the bench or something. I have no more space to store new music books! mad

On the other hand, if my adjustable bench looks like the one Digitus has, I think I wouldn't complain about the lack of storage on my bench. Btw, the buttons on my bench collect fluff... exactly like belly-button, er, "fluff"! whome

Collect fluff?

Then you need to buy your first(?) pour-piano portable/handy vacuum cleaner laugh

You mean your chihuahua sit on your piano bench meh? What fluff? Or is it fur?

Digitus got 5 star piano bench from Salty Piano (or is it Salted Piano?). So 5 star bench lor. 7 foot Oh-My-Gah(men) must be eye-popping-ly impressive, even Gah-men do not buy such Salted pianos.

Why didnt Robert give your 5 star piano a 5 star bench ... but hor, I haven't seen adjustable bench with secret compartment leh ...

Last edited by chihuahua; 06/29/09 04:33 AM. Reason: my singlish not so good hor ...

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
A
A
Hi, I'm looking at getting a new Schimmel upright C-124 or C-130. Any opinions on these pianos? Or where can I find a better piano for around the same price?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Good advice from snoopycar smile

Agreed ...

I'm still waiting to be quarantined, but haven't got H1N1 leh ... now S'pore in asia top top h1n1 site ... heheh!!! Small country (small island) with much more cases per square foot of land area than most countries, is it?

(to non-s'poreans: sorry hor, I'm using Singlish - must be too cheam for you ...)

Chihuahua

you want H1N1 go to airpork lah, there got many returning tourist from many parts of the world. Shake hand with all of them lagi better laugh smile

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Chihuahua

you want H1N1 go to airpork lah, there got many returning tourist from many parts of the world. Shake hand with all of them lagi better laugh smile

Or do the continental kissy check - mwah mwah - lagi lagi better! laugh

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Collect fluff?

Then you need to buy your first(?) pour-piano portable/handy vacuum cleaner laugh

You mean your chihuahua sit on your piano bench meh? What fluff? Or is it fur?

I got a small handy-vac already, but stuck at the back of store-room, behind golf clubs, shoes, etc., so not so handy anymore...

My dog is not a chihuahua, but also sheds like nobody's business – his fur is long, so gets collected into hairy tumbleweeds. His favourite pastime is to chew his bones under the piano.

Why didnt Robert give your 5 star piano a 5 star bench ... but hor, I haven't seen adjustable bench with secret compartment leh ...

If everyone is separated by only 6 degrees, Uncle Robert is likely linked to Ebenezer Scrooge in less than 6 degrees...

Last edited by Roxane; 06/29/09 08:32 AM.
T
T
Originally Posted by aljy22
Hi, I'm looking at getting a new Schimmel upright C-124 or C-130. Any opinions on these pianos? Or where can I find a better piano for around the same price?

I have the C-124. It's fantastic -- I wouldn't part with it for the world. It's a big sound for a piano of its size and has a great dynamic range.

Go to Chiu Piano and speak to Ernest -- he's a great guy, not at all pushy and will help you with the Schimmel range. PM me for more details.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
wah... just now 10pm went to jurong west eat cat mountain king durian and 1 bitter red prawn. CMK is best, $18 for 1 little spiky, but seed is very thin, worth it. I recommand all to try laugh
no need paisay, eat beside hawker centre .. hehe
[Linked Image]

chihwahwa, your slogan line is very interesting.
you study military history a lot huh?

Last edited by snoopycar; 06/29/09 11:08 AM.

Page 108 of 136 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission