2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
77 members (20/20 Vision, amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
OP Offline
N
Hi, P155 new owners,

For recording, P155 has 3 sound tracks, right? How come the first sound track of my new P155 has something recorded in it. Should the new P155 have 3 sound tracks blank?

Or maybe when I was playing with recording, I accidentally recorded something into it?

It has some random key striking with, I think, not the two piano sounds.

Anyways, maybe I am worrying to much here. After all I am pretty sure mine is a new untouched one. see the 'unbox' photos:
http://www.huatongoversea.com/blog/?p=339

Last edited by nickchip5; 06/16/09 01:39 AM.
congrats, what a fine looking piano! the touch is excellent

CLP-240 / EL-90 / X5D
M
M
I thought it has only two (like for left and right hand). Maybe you occasionally hit Demo?

N
OP Offline
N
There are 3 tracks (songs to record onboard), each has left and hand channels.

For the new P155, these 3 tracks should be empty. But the first one is not... There is something recorded in it, as if someone has been doing testing with this track before the packaging.

Or I might have recorded that by accident.

Last edited by nickchip5; 06/16/09 11:09 AM.
D
D
The P-155 song recording interface is extremely confusing.

The recorded 'songs' are stored separately in three different memory areas, with red/green lights on the 'right' and 'left' buttons; apparently signifying which hand/channel is being recorded or playing.

Of the three 'songs' that can be accessed this way, two can be recorded, a 'left' and a 'right' track - though this is extremely difficult to distinguish and requires multiple button presses to determine.

In other words, sometimes both channels have red lights on the right and left tracks, and to record one has to press the buttons on & off multiple times to figure out the handedness of the particular track.

A third 'song' seems to combine both the right/left in a single song for playback.

The biggest usability frustration with this truly convoluted approach is that when a person is trying to record and the buttons are not pressed correctly, that playback of the pre-recorded songs or tracks can occur while playing and seeking to record newer music.

That is, with each new keypress part of the recorded track (left/right/both) will begin playing and thus ruins any attempt at impromptu playing or making a new recording until the settings can again be (temporarily) figured out -- that is, until another recording or song playback is attempted and the process repeats itself.

This renders the song recording on the P-155 virtually unusable and is in need of serious redesign.

Its functionality is said to complement formal piano training via recording one hand or the other, for practice, yet for the uninitiated it is unintuitive and counterproductive for the stated aim of recording and playing back songs in some coherent, understood manner. Instead, it is frustrating guesswork - as if it involves an underlying irrationality.

Such 'song recording' is not in the least user-friendly in this regard and gets in the way of seamless, on the fly, easy to use piano recording - instead it requires constant futzing to get it working; it is much easier to skip it altogether than to try to use it.

(On a more positive note, a quite interesting piano sound on the P-155 results from combining piano 1 & piano 2 by pressing both buttons simultaneously).

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission