2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (brennbaer, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 190 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 189 190
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm still working on "Amazing Grace" in Book 1.....However, (trumpet blast)......I ordered Book 2 today! I'm looking forward to joining this thread soon.

-Angelojf

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone
Day’s like that just happen from time to time. Sometimes I think it’s because I have something “in the back of my mind” that is taking some of my attention away from my playing. Other times I can’t think of any explanation for it. Fortunately it is usually “all better” the next day.

Undone

smile

Music speaks where words fails.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Key Notes

As for me, I'm getting tired of practicing my old pieces, including Morning Has Broken and its alternative broken chords examples. Although I've gotten them down pretty good, I kept wanting to make them even better. Well...dare I say "perfect"? grin But I've decided that that's never going to happen, so I'm going to move on to Alexander's Ragtime Band now. Wish me luck!

Key Notes smile

I had wished to respond to this earlier but I suppose I was absorbed with He's got the...

This is a personal preference of each players but I agree with your sentiment regarding how far it is necessary to take each piece. I, however, have more of an extreme view. As soon as I have the ability to play the entire piece correctly I move on to learning the next. However, I will play the piece 2X /day for the subsequent 5 days after I "pass" it (if that makes sense). During this time, I'll refine it, make it less crude, and elaborate the dynamics (if possible/necessary).

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz

As for me, I'm getting tired of practicing my old pieces, including Morning Has Broken and its alternative broken chords examples. Although I've gotten them down pretty good, I kept wanting to make them even better. Well...dare I say "perfect"? grin But I've decided that that's never going to happen, so I'm going to move on to Alexander's Ragtime Band now. Wish me luck!

Key Notes smile

I had wished to respond to this earlier but I suppose I was absorbed with He's got the...

This is a personal preference of each players but I agree with your sentiment regarding how far it is necessary to take each piece. I, however, have more of an extreme view. As soon as I have the ability to play the entire piece correctly I move on to learning the next. However, I will play the piece 2X /day for the subsequent 5 days after I "pass" it (if that makes sense). During this time, I'll refine it, make it less crude, and elaborate the dynamics (if possible/necessary).

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by angelojf
I'm still working on "Amazing Grace" in Book 1.....However, (trumpet blast)......I ordered Book 2 today! I'm looking forward to joining this thread soon.

-Angelojf

[Linked Image]

Some of us will graduate from book 2 this summer, but I'll still be here going to summer school, and fall, and... grin so come on over.

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by angelojf

-Angelojf

[Linked Image]

Some of us will graduate from book 2 this summer, but I'll still be here going to summer school, and fall, and... grin so come on over.

Key Notes smile

I won't be leaving any time soon as well. . .

[Linked Image]
wj3 Offline
I will probably be here for a long time too. Still working on Bridal Chorus. Can't get it quite right yet.... Started learning Guantanamera... Its going to take awhile....

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome Kitzu
Who has just finished book #1. thumb

I'll be signing off this week from #2 and will miss my new found friends. Some of you have already gone to #3 and some will be joining me shortly. Man taking a quick peek into #3 and it looks "scary" which in turn means good and challenging.. smile

cool

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks so much for the welcome to this thread! The mail hasn't delivered the book yet, but I'm sure to get it soon. Thanks again. smile

Angelojf

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
I think it's great how people move from book to book. Its such a major accomplishment each time, no matter where you are at and how long it takes...

whooooh Ttigg....
Man taking a quick peek into #3 and it looks "scary"

I hope you meant the book, and not our thread..... shocked

Ingrid

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[quote=TTigg
I'll be signing off this week from #2 and will miss my new found friends. Some of you have already gone to #3 and some will be joining me shortly. Man taking a quick peek into #3 and it looks "scary" which in turn means good and challenging.. smile

cool [/quote]

grin Congrats !

Has Undone left already? Seems as though the current generation is leaving and a new one is arriving. I suppose Key Notes and I will be the only two left (from when I first found this forum)

Regardless, TTigg, congrats on finishing Book 2. There is only one thing greater than that: finishing 3 haha

[Linked Image]
R
R
Guys - I want to order book #2 from Amazon but I'm not sure I can find it here in the UK. Is this the right one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfreds-Basic-Adult-Course-Lesson/dp/0882846345/ref=pd_cp_b_3

There's also this, which I think is right, but there are only second hand copies available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfreds-Bas..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1244412024&sr=8-1

Thanks,

Robin

Last edited by RobinL; 06/07/09 06:00 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The first is the "Basic" and the second is the "All-in-One". They both will work for this thread, some here use each. The basic has slightly less songs than the a-i-o but they both follow each other closely.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by IngridT
whooooh Ttigg....
Man taking a quick peek into #3 and it looks "scary"

I hope you meant the book, and not our thread..... shocked

Ingrid

laugh yes the book not the thread thumb

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TTigg

cool

grin Congrats !

Has Undone left already? Seems as though the current generation is leaving and a new one is arriving. I suppose Key Notes and I will be the only two left (from when I first found this forum)

Regardless, TTigg, congrats on finishing Book 2. There is only one thing greater than that: finishing 3 haha

Thanks thumb I won't officially be there for another week or so (taking a mini break in-between). Also got to get my recording down of Canon in D which will be within the next 3-4days (promise)

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
R
R
The first is the "Basic" and the second is the "All-in-One". They both will work for this thread, some here use each. The basic has slightly less songs than the a-i-o but they both follow each other closely.

Thank you

I’m still here. I should be done with Canon in D in about a week or so, and then it will be on to book 3.

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hi Everyone.

I've been working on book 2 for a while now but I'm not half way through yet (Basic book 2). I'm working on "Night Song" right now and almost have it down. It's my favorite piece from the book so far.

Congrats to those moving on to #3. I hope to join you one day.

Carol
Kawai RX 2
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
HeirborneGroupie,

Feel free to post in here more often. Include recordings of your works as well, that is, if you'd like. I will listen to them as will others and give feedback. It helps me

[Linked Image]
Page 56 of 190 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission