2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Thanks so much for sharing the pics!

Chris, your place looks tres elegante! Love that piano shawl!

WOW! how wonderful to be able to say that Indrek came and played your piano!

Would love to hear more about the concert and the concert Estonia thoughts.

Roberta

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Yes, it was a great evening!

Chris has a beautiful home, a beautiful family, and a beautiful piano... geesh, some people have it all :-)

Seriously, many thanks to Chris and his family for hosting the pre-concert gathering. The food was wonderful and everyone enjoyed themselves completely. And thanks to John Totaro of Boston Piano and Organ for organizing the event (John, we will take you up on your offer to borrow your hall sometime soon).

Indrek's "lessons" before the concert were a treat, and the concert itself was a joy.

As beautiful as the new Estonia was from the outside, we were all waiting in anticipation to see the inside, and we weren't dissappointed.

Indrek's interpretation of Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 was fantastic. It's hard to tell who enjoyed themselves more, the orchestra, Indrek, or the audience (I think it was a 3 way tie).

Speaking of the orchestra, they are The New Philharmonia Orchestra ( www.newphil.org )under the direction of Ronald Knudsen. Their music includes classics, family, pops, and chamber.

These are people who play music because they love it, and you can see it on their faces. Check them out if you have a chance.

Thanks again to everyone involved. It's always fun to get together with our forums members.
I never met a forums gathering I didn't like :-)

Now, a few more pictures...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Frank, You can have any of the pics I have taken. The pics I am displaying on PW are "web friendly" versions. I am happy to amail you any of the "full" resolution photo's you would like......for posterity.

It was great to see everyone again and chat. Events like this remind me of why I am here. Very nice.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Thanks to everyone who came. We had a wonderful time opening up our home to such gracious guests. We got a chance to hear and meet Indrek Laul, and we also met our new neighbor, John Totaro. Sorry, to those stranded by the door bell.

I hope we appropriately saluted our special guest. Indrek really brought in the kind of soiree atmosphere that I believe everyone found both captivating and intimate. And, wow, it happened in our home, and on our very own piano!

Thanks to all who provided food and drink, my wife included. I was out of town until the AM on Saturday and she pulled out the stops. Your thoughtfulness led to quite a spread and, um, lunch for the rest of February wink

The pictures look great. I got to show them to my folks before they left.

Chris W1

Amateur At Large
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow. Thanks for the reports and the pictures everyone. I'm sorry I missed it.

Looks and sounds like it was a really great evening.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
Let me add my thanks for a fantastic evening. Chris and Helen, thank you for inviting us to your lovely home and for your hospitality,John Totaro for sponsoring this event. If you ever come to this site, Indrek, thanks for just a beautiful evening, Beelady for organizing this get together, and not least, Frank Baxter for this great forum that continues to bring together a great group of people.

Lee B.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow! what a trip! We just got home to Binghamton (really Vestal!) after an exciting weekend.

Many thanks to Chris and Helen for being such gracious hosts. And to BeeLady for her efforts at organizing the affair.

And, of course, to Frank for providing such a place for us to hang out.

This concert was great and it was a thrill to meet Indrek. He was kind enough to autograph our copy of his CD.

Today I had the great pleasure to meet my good PW friend Paul Y at his place of business. Was nice to try a variety of pianos such as we don't find here in the boondocks. (And to conclude that my Clavinova is still very suited to my needs.)

Phil
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks to ChrisW1 and family. Chris W1 and family threw a great party! (I hope you're happy now -- 'coz it looks like you'll making all future piano parties look bad. wink laugh )

Thanks to Dr. Laul for giving the PW crowd a pre-concert lecture at Chris W1's, and to John Totaro of Boston Organ and Piano for sponsoring the excuse for us to have a party. thumb

Special thanks to BeeLady, not only for organizing the event, but also for giving me a ride to the party and concert -- much appreciated! smile

For all of you who could not make it to the event, well, I am sorry you couldn't make it. Please scroll up, look at the pictures again, and make it your President's Day resolution to not miss the next party. wink

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gosh how nice! the photos are great!

I kind of like the new Estonia name on the fall board. I wonder if that will adorn all new and future Estonias.

(i want Indrek to come to my house - waaah! - maybe when and if a dealer can ever pick up an option to sell them here)

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
Suz Offline
What a wonderful event and party! You guys have all the fun--extremely envious here! smile

I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
I wish I could have gone! Piano parties are one of the lost traditions of the old world. Maybe next time!

I. Bruton
Acoustic Pianos at home: Yamaha C3, Yamaha P22
Digitals at home: Yamaha P125, Roland RD-800, Kawai Novus N5S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Although I was unable to join everyone, I took such delight in viewing all the pictures and reading the gratifying responses of those who were in attendance.

Thanks for posting pictures and providing reviews to what was definitely a memorable gathering.

I do have to admit though, I am a bit concerned about the piano pile-up pic taking place behind a table of lucious food vs a lucious piano!!!

So, what is on our local itinerary for a March gathering??? Hmmm..... !!!! Stay tuned for further info... wink

In the meantime, please mark your calendar for the first spring concert, sponsored by the Frederick's.
May 7th thumb

BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
We missed you Terry! Don't forget some of us will be at Del's talk at the PTG in April! smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Me, too, Terry. Looks like a wonderful time. Chris, your piano and the room are just gorgeous!

Terry, hope you had an enjoyable weekend. We missed you but know there are other things in life that have to take priority sometimes. I was just looking at the May 4th concert. I have put it in my book so I am interested. I also am interested in the PTG on Sunday if you are coordinating that too. Do I fill out the application and send the check to Larry for that one?

Lee B.
A CD of the Berlin Philharmonic on my Wave music system playing Beethoven's Piano Concerto #5 doesn't hold a candle to my experience of being there to hear the New Phil and Indrek play it on Saturday night. I can't think of a music experience I've enjoyed more.

Lee B.
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Hello, Everyone:

This was AWESOME! Lloyd and I had a wonderful time!

Thanks, Chris and Helen, for welcoming us into your home and being such gracious hosts. Your house is beautiful, and "The Red Room" is the perfect setting for your beautiful Steinway!

Thank you, Indrek! (If you happen to read this at some point in time.) We enjoyed meeting you and your wife. One of the highlights of our evening was listening to you play Chris' piano and talk about the Beethovan piece you played in concert later that evening. And the concert was fabulous!

Of course, it was a real treat getting together with familiar PW members again and meeting a few new ones!

We'll have to have another PW get-together soon, though, as others have said, it'll be hard to top this one! I'm actually thinking about having a full scale PW get together at my house in a couple of months. I'm just waiting for my "Social Butterfly Wings" to fully develop!

Chris, I couldn't end this post without telling you I LOVE your piano! It plays well, sounds fantastic, and visually, it's a thing of beauty! As I think Lloyd told you, it is "very musical". At some point here on PW, I was a bit critical of Steinways, saying my opinion is they can lack sustain and be weak in the treble. The treble notes on YOUR piano, Chris, are STRONG and FLOAT above the bass, lingering lovingly above accompaniment. How sublime! smile

A Terrific Evening: Good Friends, Good Food, Great Music!

What more could anyone ask?

Jeanne W (and Lloyd, too!)

P.S. I am now the proud owner of THE PianoWorld CD. (Aside to Axtremus: Maybe you shouldn't oughta sell any more PianoWorld CDs from out of the back trunk of your car, Ax. Someone might misunderstand and think you're selling BOOTLEG PIANOWORLD CDs! Ha ha ah ha hah ah a ha ! laugh )

Music is about the heart and so should a piano be about the heart. - Pique

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/107473/1.html
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow,
What a party! I'm speechless that Dr. Laul was gracious enough to come to the pre-concert party and then avail himself and the new concert grand for all to enjoy.

Special thanks to all who took and posted the pictures. It's time we put one of these shindigs together here in NY. Maybe we can't top this party, but we could sure try!

Regards,
Roger

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
Estonia 190 - Serial # 6561
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
I forgot to mention with all the excitement about the party and pictures, that I actually tried the new concert grand!

WOW! is all I can say. laugh laugh

The touch was very even and smooth, like butter yet firm and controlled under the fingers. I really didn't play loud or for very long, but it was sure easy to get used to.

The tone was really beautiful, and surprisingly mellow for an instrument of its size. Yet that didn't bother me because it was such a joy to play on.

So if someone was willing to let me take one of these home, I wouldn't even blink an eye with a second thought!

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
John,

You mean up on the stage?

How courageous... And what an experience!

Was this after the performance?

I wonder when 'it' will be on the Boston Piano and Organ store. ????

Did Indrek say how many of these will be made in the following year? Or are they only on order?

Roberta

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission