2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

re: "Perfection is nice..."

Well said Mark. Agree 100%.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Originally Posted by pianahman

But better to be safe than sorry ... there's still time to re-record using CBR and re-submit before the deadline. Since I'm already a low man on the totem pole, it doesn't make much difference this time ... but I was wondering if one re-records and resubmits, does one lose his place in the recital sequence?

Yup... you'll lose your place. But you are by no means "low man on the totem pole." Last recital we had, what, 69? 73? participants? (I forget). We'll probably get that many or more this time.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yeah, and I'm still trying to get a good take on "Jingle Bells!"

smile smile smile smile

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Print Gallery - Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey, at least you are well in time polishing your Christmas carols ... I've been trying to learn "Adeste fideles" for three years in a row now and every year ran out of time. grin

"The creative process is nothing but a series of crises."
(Isaac B. Singer)

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
After uploading the VBR version of my piece, I listened to it on the streaming player and it sounded just fine ...

In that case, there's no reason to change it. wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wishing you all a great recital! I fell off the piano wagon at spring break when Eldest came home, and haven't made it back. Next one, for sure!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That's too bad. I'll miss one of your lovely pieces.

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
H
H
Ok, mine's in. It doesn't have a whole lotta of mistakes, but it does have 1 mistake. grin

Steven - videogame and anime pianist...
[Linked Image]
P
P
Originally Posted by mahlzeit
After uploading the VBR version of my piece, I listened to it on the streaming player and it sounded just fine ...

In that case, there's no reason to change it. wink

I might have misspoken. I've just been on the "Update Submission" page. When I clear my cache and click the "listen to your current upload" link, I hear about 30 seconds of my piece and then playback stops. However, when I click the "download the mp3" link, the piece plays back perfectly from beginning to end. So I'm still unsure if I should or shouldn't convert the recording to CBR format and re-upload frown

Sorry for being a pain about this.

Baldwin Model L
Technics PCM Digital Piano PX106
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Honnli
Ok, mine's in. It doesn't have a whole lotta of mistakes, but it does have 1 mistake. grin

That's totally unacceptable - if you can eliminate all but one mistake then you ought to be able to eliminate that mistake too - wink

My piece has zero mistakes and is impeccable from both a technical and musical standpoint! smile

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
for lack of new finished material I submitted an older recording, better than nothing smile

H
H
Originally Posted by John Frank

That's totally unacceptable - if you can eliminate all but one mistake then you ought to be able to eliminate that mistake too - wink

My piece has zero mistakes and is impeccable from both a technical and musical standpoint! smile

Regards, JF

err... *sweats* ok, umm... *breaths* ... *breaths some more* eek You're making me nervous... lol

Well, it doesn't sound that bad... lol Anyway, I will try and make a mistake-free recording if I have time.. I'm currently hard pressed by my school work, so I'll see how I go.

Last edited by Honnli; 05/08/09 07:31 AM.

Steven - videogame and anime pianist...
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by John Frank

Regards, JF

err... *sweats* ok, umm... *breaths* ... *breaths some more* eek You're making me nervous... lol

Aha! Just as I was hoping! laugh

Well, it doesn't sound that bad... lol Anyway, I will try and make a mistake-free recording if I have time.. I'm currently hard pressed by my school work, so I'll see how I go.

No excuses - school work be damned - a mistake-free recording must be your top priority at all costs! whome

Regards, JF (Actually looking forward to hearing your piece!)

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
P
P
Question:confused I was wondering if previous ABF Recitals are archived any where in the forum. As a newbie, I'd love to listen to one or two of the earlier recital programs.

Baldwin Model L
Technics PCM Digital Piano PX106

OP Offline

Here's the main recital thread from the most recent recital:

Recital 13 thread

This includes all the information about the pieces etc. and will show you what the recital looks like.

The zip files (which includes recordings only, no info) for ALL the past recitals are archived, and there's a link to them in the "Important Topics for AB Forum" thread that's stickied to the top of the AB forum page.

I couldn't wait any longer and just had to record and upload my entry - perfection remains untouched... I think I'm number 32 or so.

As always, thanks to Monica and Mahlzeit for their time and efforts to make this possible!

Whatever you do, do it from the heart...
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
When I clear my cache and click the "listen to your current upload" link, I hear about 30 seconds of my piece and then playback stops.

Well, the preview button can be a little temperamental. (We should really switch to a better one.) The streaming online player is more reliable. If those first 30 seconds played back without any weirdness, then you're fine.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[Linked Image] I'm in ! Managed to get it on the first take too, chuffed about that. I also managed to nail the video sync up but I can post that afterwords since the recital is just MP3..

Kinda liking how the Zoom with a little touch-up makes my very loud in person Piano sound much better online..

Looking forward to hearing everyone's pieces laugh

thumb

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Hi! I'm new to the piano. I've only been playing about a month, but I would like to submit. It's a hymn, and it's not perfect, but it's definately a "beginner" piece. I need to get the recording ripped to mp3, and then upload. I look forward to hearing all the submissions.

Last edited by pianonewb; 05/08/09 07:34 PM.

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

The only thing nescessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing.
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianonewb
Hi! I'm new to the piano. I've only been playing about a month, but I would like to submit. It's a hymn, and it's not perfect, but it's definately a "beginner" piece. I need to get the recording ripped to mp3, and then upload. I look forward to hearing all the submissions.

Would love to hear it. We're all new at some point. There is a wide mix of folks in the recitals but that's what makes it fun. Looking forward to hearing your piece. thumb

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission