2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Good work on the web site options Jurgen,

A couple of other things for you to answer……

After reading your latest posting here, I was wondering if this DVD is region free or do buyers have to obtain a DVD player for region 1 discs?

Also what about playing the disc on a computer or an NTSC video player?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
The DVD is not keyed or locked for any particular region in the world. It is in NTSC (standard North American and Japanese format), which means it can be viewed on any NTSC player anywhere.

It can also be played on any computer, which is where most people will probably watch it, as it is of technical nature.

JG
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Good planning on the DVD Jurgen. I just watched it on the big screen and it looks great there too! Good clarity, nicely edited, sound is good……

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
This week was a great one for Andre's book. We sent a shipment of books out to a wholesaler in Japan. "The Voice of the Piano" book and DVD is now being distributed on four continents - North America, Europe, Japan and Australia. Technicians all over the world are discovering this valuable resource.

JG
R
RPD Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Does anybody know if this DVD will be available at a booth at the PTG event in GR this summer?

RPD

MPT(Master Piano Technicians of America)
Member AMICA (Automated Musical Instruments Collector's Association)
(Subscriber PTG Journal)
Piano-Tuner-Rebuilder/Musician
www.actionpianoservice.com
DEALER Hailun Pianos
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
I use the contents of the book almost daily. And I haven't even seen the DVD yet....

Promote Harmony in the Universe...Tune your piano!

Dave Stahl, RPT
Piano Technician's Guild
San Jose, CA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAniw3m7L2I
http://dstahlpiano.net
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I ordered mine and eagerly await it's arrival!

Ryan Sowers,
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA
www.pianova.net
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by RPD
Does anybody know if this DVD will be available at a booth at the PTG event in GR this summer?
RPD

The DVD comes with the book, it is a set. The book has a lot of background information which is not touched on in the DVD. This information is helpful in getting the most benefit from the video. The 45 minute DVD shows all the steps in voicing a set of hammers from start to finish, as described in the book. A DVD can show a lot of things that are difficult to put into words and the audio is helpful so that one can hear the changes taking place.

Not only will the book/DVD be available in Grand Rapids at the Piano Forte Supply booth, the author Andre Oorebeek will be giving a full one day class on the whole book content. Having seen him in action twice, I can say that his one day seminar alone is well worth the cost of attending the convention. There will be time for mingling and book signing, of course.

JG
Hi Folks,

I've sure enjoyed my copy and the DVD is great! Well done! A great guide!

Many Thanks,

Scott
Associate Member Piano Technicians Guild
RsgPianoService
We love to play BF2
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Supply
This week was a great one for Andre's book. We sent a shipment of books out to a wholesaler in Japan. "The Voice of the Piano" book and DVD is now being distributed on four continents - North America, Europe, Japan and Australia. Technicians all over the world are discovering this valuable resource.

Hey Jurgen,

I was reading this posting and wondered if there was any plans to translate the book into Cantonese or Mandarin.(Actually, I think both languages are written the same but spoken differently. Also with Mandarin there are some phrases that have no translation into Cantonese.)

With all of the piano manufacturing being re-located to mainland China, there will be a requirement for a good deal of technical instruction over there.Maybe this is something that you and Andre have discussed already.....

Hi all! This is most interesting. People reading this might be interested to comment on my problem with the Kawai RX6 Please take a look at my post and comments would be appreciated.
https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...%20RX6%20first%204%20bi-chord%20not.html

Kawai RX6 Semi Concert Grand
Roland HP-335 Digital Piano
Korg Red PA700 Professional arranger keyboard
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

This release is available in your locale now. I think back on the first page Bruce Browning is the distributor for you there....

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Deleted.

Last edited by BB Player; 08/13/09 04:51 PM. Reason: Defamatory comments deleted
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Do you have any actual hard evidence of these claims you are promoting? Because if you do not, you are inviting a lawsuit for damages with statements such as these. There are a LOT of un-proven claims recorded here.

We have not heard anything similar here (North America) to your claims. If you have a beef with a technician why not clear it up between yourselves? Why come in here and directly slander the guy without supplying any evidence at all?

I am sure you are aware that André is not a member here, so why post stuff like this when the other party has no chance at rebuttal?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
"I am sure you are aware that André is not a member here, so why post stuff like this when the other party has no chance at rebuttal?"

Question asked; Question answered.

I complained to the mods about this. Hopefully, they'll be able to tend to this before it becomes part of a searchable Google (or other) archive .

It would be outrageous if this post became permanently attached to his name when someone does a search.

Btw, we tuners stick our necks out around here so we're held accountable...
We sign our posts with our names.

Any one of us could fall victim to this sort of nonsense. Once the mud is thrown, it's almost impossible to get it completely cleaned off.

Last edited by daniokeeper; 08/13/09 03:21 PM.

Joe Gumbosky
Piano Tuning & Repair
www.morethanpianos.com
(semi-retired)

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
My post is simply intended to be fair warning and would not be considered new or news within the Netherlands piano community whatsoever. That is the great thing about a global forum -- there are no rocks left to hide under.

Are we going to let people use the forum to advertize for free people's goods and services but then censor and delete all balanced information just like in the past case of Piano Superstore where legitimate complaints were suppressed and where so many of those depending on Pianoworld input were defrauded of tens of thousands of dollars?

My recommendation? Do business with whomever you want, but when there are doubts, make sure you don't pay before you have the goods in house. Consider my post a concerned public service.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Absolutely correct Joe; once again this is some imaginary identity that does not have the actual courage to post under his or her own name. So the idea is to promote this kind of trash from the bushes where no-one can see them……

I am of the opinion that this person leads a vociferous lifestyle and does not envision a problem with imposing their view of the world on others.

You are right Joe and I know this kind of thing has happened previously, to other technicians.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I just did a quick search at Google on "André Oorebeek reputation". The first listing is theJourney's post. It hasn't been cached yet.

Last edited by daniokeeper; 08/13/09 03:33 PM.

Joe Gumbosky
Piano Tuning & Repair
www.morethanpianos.com
(semi-retired)

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I suggest you read your own postings whoever you think you are. Your posting is plain and simple garden variety slander and defamation.

A LOT OF ACCUSATIONS WITH NO EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS.

So produce some evidence in a big hurry……

Last edited by BB Player; 08/13/09 04:53 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Your posting was meant to be a slander and defamation for someone who is unable to answer. How brave of you there….

What other members use this forum for is not your damn business. It is up to the owner what use is decided.

Why would any of us give a tinker’s damn about your recommendation? Do you actually think you carry some weight around this place? Man you are really up on yourself huh??

Your postings are a public disservice, once again you have it wrong.

Last edited by BB Player; 08/13/09 04:53 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission