2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
eweiss Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Wow. The piano police strike again. You'd think those trying to make a living in this industry would somehow understand what I'm doing here.

Which really isn't anything you should get upset about. As I mentioned in a previous post on this thread, if you don't like it, click away.

I give what I think is useful content in exchange for a link back to my site. No big deal here. It's done all over the web. And more importantly, the mods don't seem to have a problem with it. Those who do have a problem with it should admit it's their problem and move on.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by eweiss
Wow. The piano police strike again. You'd think those trying to make a living in this industry would somehow understand what I'm doing here.

I understand exactly what you're doing here, which is why I posted. We are all trying to make a living but we should do it on our own dime, by buying advertising from Frank so he can keep Piano World going.

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
B
B
People, chill out. I think the more piano/keyboard stuff we can get our hands on is a good thing. Something for everyone. Like he said, if you don't like it, move on. Not a big deal. People are taking this way too seriously --- geez!

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Sundew
...suspect my efforts are still pretty risible. What it hammered home was the need to have the LH pattern secure under my fingers. I thought practicing the same simple patterns over and over would be boring, but oddly it isn't.With Alfred I developed the tendency to think "that will do" and moved on.

Glad you are having a blast, that's what its about IMO. I'm fizzling but have no intention of "fizzling out". grin

At least you're getting a laugh out of it laugh - sorry, couldn't resist.

I, too, was surprised to find that playing simple patterns over and over isn't boring (depending on the mood I'm in, of course). Perhaps it's a sign of piano practice maturity on our parts - we get engrossed in the process of making music, knowing that what we're doing will give us rewards in a longer run.

I have also found that if I have a chance to play by ear with another musician/musicians it helps enormously in learning to do some improv. It forces me to actually listen to what the musicians are doing and "grok" it into my part, and it forces me to not "worry" about the "mistakes" but to listen to them and use them to learn from/experiment with. It's all about the sound and not the sheet music. There's not as much opportunity to do that as I might like, and sometimes I don't take advantage of the opportunities I have, preferring to stick with lead sheets or just stay at home and practice something I'm memorizing. And sometimes I'm trying to avoid embarrassment laugh But in truth, unless we're preparing for a dance or something, as long as I don't completely dominate what the others are doing, the musicians I know are experimental-tolerant, and often encouraging. Don't know if that's an option for you, but it's something to think about.

In my experience even a little improvisational risk-taking brings huge rewards. Nice to know there are others on the road.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Closed.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission