2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (accordeur, akse0435, danno858, AlkansBookcase, David B, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 12 invisible), 1,829 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
ny111 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I got it 3 days ago. Now there is one stuck key and when striking certain keys, there is a buzzing sound.

What could have caused this?

Thank you.

B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Gremlins. The tech will spray the piano with Grem-B-Gon when the piano gets its first service.

Just remember to make a note of any problems you come across and tell the tech about them.

Semipro Tech
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
NY111,

The buzzing is most likely something which has become loose in the move. The stuck key is most likely cause by the keyslip being pushed into the key during the move. These are pretty common things to come up when the piano is first delivered.

Both can be eliminated easily. Contact your dealer and ask them to have the piano tuner address them as soon as they can make the appointment.

Don Mannino RPT, MPA
N
ny111 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you. I feel better knowing that these are common problems that can be fixed easily.

Hi there, I have an RX2 also. What do you mean by "buzzing" sound? Which notes sound this buzzing sound?

Mine is producing a metallic ringing sound in the bass notes (bass bridge,) and at this time I am trying to find out exactly what it is and what to do about it.

The stuck key is no problem - as Kawai Don says just get the tech to fix it during the setup process. Make sure you DO have the piano set up according to the Kawai set up procedure. You will find that the action may need some regulation in order to enhance the tone and bring out the best in the piano.

What are these "buzzing" sounds? It sounds a bit like what I have . the problem is that all of us describe the same things in different words. Terminology is a tricky thing when it comes to piano sounds!

If these buzzing sounds are the same as mine, then they are NOT easily fixed and are called "longitudinal harmonics". It is a problem with strings and can be found in all makes of pianos.

I have come across this metallic ringing-"buzzing"? in my RX2, an RX5 in the showroom, a Yamaha C7, a Petrof "Storm" and another RX2 in the showroom.

Let us know which notes are doing this sound and try to explain it in more words.. ie is it a high sound? is is metallic? is it heard on the attack?

Thanks and best of luck.

Kawai RX6 Semi Concert Grand
Roland HP-335 Digital Piano
Korg Red PA700 Professional arranger keyboard
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BDB
The tech will spray the piano with Grem-B-Gon ...

'Gotta find me a can of that spray! I sure could use it on some pianos. Does it do anything for the heavy handed Rockers who break bass strings regularly?

David L. Jenson
Tuning - Repairs - Refurbishing
Jenson's Piano Service
-----
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
That stuff DOES sound terrific. But forget the spray! I want a dip-tank that will fit a whole piano!

Ryan Sowers,
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA
www.pianova.net
C
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
C
Buzzing and ringing conjure up completely different noises in my mind... The suggestions Don made, make sense. Many times the buzz isn't coming from the piano at all, but from something else in the room, such as an air vent, fluorescent light fixture, garbage can, etc..

Rich Lindahl
Piano Restorations in Central CT
www.rivervalleypiano.com
P
P
Worse case for buzzing and I find the most common by far, is loose hitch pins which are vibrating due to the wood around them shrinking. Best cure is to drop pin tight in, and if that does not do the trick then tension has to be taken off the problem note remove the pin, fill the hole, and replace the hitch pin.

Problem is caused by heating or sunlight drying out the instrument and shrinking the wood.

E
E
Originally Posted by David Jenson
Does it do anything for the heavy handed Rockers who break bass strings regularly?

An audiologist might be appropiate for those cases...

B
BDB Offline
B
Does it do anything for the heavy handed Rockers who break bass strings regularly?
Only if you spray it on them.

Semipro Tech

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission