2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Aylin, brdwyguy, bcalvanese, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, Burkhard, 1200s, 6 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 94 of 452 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 451 452
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Carl Mc
For those who will follow this path ...

"Good People"

http://www.box.net/shared/odgmohq72u

Nicely done! This is from Alfreds AIO book 1? I'm working from the basic Adult Piano course which doesn't include this tune. Pity, I like it, it's a more interesting and challenging tune than any of the "blues" in the book I'm on.

[Linked Image]
Korg SP200, Pianoteq
wj3 Offline
Good Job Carl.... That was a tricky one... Its nice that you are recording your work. Its fun to go back and see where you've been, and how much you have improved. I try and record each song when I think I am ready to move on. Thanks for sharing.

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BazC
For those who will follow this path ...

"Good People"

http://www.box.net/shared/odgmohq72u

Nicely done! This is from Alfreds AIO book 1? I'm working from the basic Adult Piano course which doesn't include this tune. Pity, I like it, it's a more interesting and challenging tune than any of the "blues" in the book I'm on.

BazC
Thank you, this was from the Alfreds AIO book 1.
I was working from the basic Adult Piano course but switched to the AIO book about the midway point. I like the additional material- both music and theory.

Wj3
Hopefully, when I am in book 2 and 3 I will look back on these and remember... I can do it. smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

BazC
Thank you, this was from the Alfreds AIO book 1.
I was working from the basic Adult Piano course but switched to the AIO book about the midway point. I like the additional material- both music and theory.

Yeah I've bought the AIO version of book 2 which I hope to be starting in a few weeks, wish I'd gone for the AOI version of Book 1 but it's a bit late now!

Oddly I just discovered that there are tunes in the basic version that aren't in the all in one! At least in Book two strange!

[Linked Image]
Korg SP200, Pianoteq

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Yeah I've bought the AIO version of book 2 which I hope to be starting in a few weeks, wish I'd gone for the AOI version of Book 1 but it's a bit late now!

Oddly I just discovered that there are tunes in the basic version that aren't in the all in one! At least in Book two strange!

I need to order my AIO Book 2. Did yours come with a CD?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yes I bought it from Amazon and it didn't mention a CD in the description so it was a nice surprise find it came with one!

[Linked Image]
Korg SP200, Pianoteq
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Great job, Carl! I just came back from a 10 day trip. I could sort of play "Good People" somewhat when I left, but not nearly as well as you. I wonder if I can play it at all now? I guess I will find out as soon as I get back to my piano.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Welcome back mom3gram! Hope you had a good time @ the Watercolor Workshop. As you can see- I did not get too far while you were away. Today is my first day on "little Brown Jug"

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
As an update, I'm up to "Jericho" in the All in One Book. I can'twait to start Book 2!

B
B
I finally nailed Blow the Man Down last night. That has renewed my faith that my hands can learn to work independently. I'm getting ready for my evening practice session tonight and hoping to reapeat it. Then I'm praying I won't destroy it at my lesson tomorrow. I hate those "I really CAN play it at home moments".

wj3 Offline
Woo hoo. I started Amazing Grace in earnest today. I've given myself a pass on "The Entertainer" and "Hes got the Whole World" although I will continue to polish them. I'll have to get a good recording on HGWWIH and TE to truly finish. And then on to book two.......

wj3

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller
[Linked Image]
I just started playing Standing in the Need of Prayer. By looking at the music, it looks like I have the rhythm correct, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking this is a key song since it introduces eighth notes. I want to make sure I get the timing and beat right. When I listen to the CD of the song, there is a honky tonk sounding accompaniment. My playing does not really sound like it. Part of it might be that I'm playing slower, but I'm just not getting the knee slapping rhythm down. smile

Now I really want to make sure that I get the beat right here. Does anyone have a recording of them playing this song correctly that could be posted? Yeah, I know I should get an instructor, but have not had any luck finding one yet. Meanwhile, I'm trying to not move too far past something before I get it correct. grin

edit: BTW, I know I'm asking a lot. I certainly do appreciate any help and will try to help out when I can. Thanks.

Last edited by paradise5; 03/11/09 12:45 AM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Paradise5 - If you just listen to the right channel of the Alfred CD you'll hear the piano on it's own, the accompaniment is on the left channel.

Alternatively there's a recording of the tune on youtube here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWK...CF69E7EF1084&playnext=1&index=25

It's a bit fast though!

[Linked Image]
Korg SP200, Pianoteq

It's a bit fast though!

That seems much too fast to me.

Last edited by Leon Shuffle; 03/11/09 04:10 PM.

Now we dolly back
Now we fade to black

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
paradise5

I finished this one about a month ago. I remember singing this one in church as a child. It was a small church, but it did have a piano. Usually one of the older (high school?)girls would play.
Here is my version. I think it is about the right tempo. Someone please tell me if not.

"Standing In The Need Of Prayer"
http://www.box.net/shared/c880y32zvf

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Very nice, Carl! It's a little slower than I play it, but your's sounds more "prayerful". I was not familiar with the hymn but I like it a lot.

Well, I'm back from my trip and so far the few songs that I've practiced sound as good or better than when I left. I have a sore back and hip from sitting in the car so long, and from standing leaning over the table in the painting class, and sitting on the piano bench hurts, so I've been taking it kind of easy. So far today I've played/practiced "Why am I Blue", "Marine's Hymn", "Love Makes the World Go Round" and "You are My Sunshine" from the Pop Songbook, and parts of "Good People".

mom3gram

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
It probably drags a bit. I remember there was always a big emphasis on the "It's Me", as well as the disjointed unison between piano and vocals. There were always those in the congregation that rushed the music as well as those who were always late. We needed a choir director to keep the pace. smile

Barbva- Hope the lesson went well. It will continue to get better every day.

wj3- congratulations/ hope to see you on the other side. Still a little work to do here in book 1.

angelojf- sounds as if I will right behind you going into book 2.

Leon what are you working on?

We are missing some people.

Paradise5 - If you just listen to the right channel of the Alfred CD you'll hear the piano on it's own, the accompaniment is on the left channel.

Alternatively there's a recording of the tune on youtube here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWK...CF69E7EF1084&playnext=1&index=25

It's a bit fast though!

Thanks for the tip. I'll fade out the left channel.

paradise5

I finished this one about a month ago. I remember singing this one in church as a child. It was a small church, but it did have a piano. Usually one of the older (high school?)girls would play.
Here is my version. I think it is about the right tempo. Someone please tell me if not.

"Standing In The Need Of Prayer"
http://www.box.net/shared/c880y32zvf

Thanks for posting that! You did a good job. I like your pace much better, more soulful to me. The Alfred version seems rushed, and I have a better shot at playing your pace. Very helpful.

As a side note, I really need to figure out how to post mp3's so I can share my stuff. But that's a topic for another time and place.

Leon what are you working on?

Hey, thanks for asking. I'm currently on "It's A Small World" from the greatest hits book. I think it's my 4th day on it and the very end is giving me fits; much lower notes than I've played yet. Next up from the lesson book is Marine's Hymn which I'll probably tackle tomorrow. And every time I sit down I like to review the last 5 songs. It's a pattern I've gotten into and I think it helps to keep them fresh in my mind (and on my fingers). Still haven't taken a lesson but I probably should.

Now we dolly back
Now we fade to black
Page 94 of 452 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 451 452

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission