2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
54 members (bcalvanese, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 6 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Norbert #1157932 03/05/09 05:06 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Here are the forum rules you ignore.

"If you consider yourself to be a professional, please act like one! If you just can't resist promoting yourself or your business, or you think bashing your competitors and/or their products is the way to do business...

Stop the Self-Promotion![/b]
It is NOT ACCEPTABLE[/b] for you to create posts thinly disguised as an innocent discussion when in fact they are nothing more than a promotion for your business.

Nor should you be directing your customers here for the sole purpose of touting how wonderful you are.

Some Guidelines:[/b]

Not Necessarily Self Promotion...[/b]
If a dealer OCCASIONALLY posts news about what is going on in their business, it's not self-promotion.
If a private individual is enthusiastic about a brand and talks about it a lot, it's not self-promotion.

Now for what we do consider self-promotion:[/b]

If you're in the business and you continually create posts to talk about your business, you're self-promoting."
----------------------------------------------------------------

It's laughable to think my posts have anything to do with Brodmann. What would I have to gain? Of course if I was in the piano business as you once claimed....I almost fell off the piano bench when read that one.

As a NON DEALER I can talk as much as I want about my opinions about Piano X. When a dealer does it, even if he's saying customer Y said such and such, it's called self promotion.

Do you think when Steinway says pianist X says all these great things about Steinway, it's not self promotion?

pianoloverus #1157959 03/05/09 05:47 PM
pianoloverus, your signal to noise ratio isn't particularly good.

Let people talk about pianos, whether they sell them or not. If someone puts out an untruth, the knowledgable core group here will have the grill warmed up quickly. If someone is out of line, moderators will take care of it. If you don't like the moderators' sensibilities, then you have some decisions to make.

My sense is that reasonable members find your continual hectoring of others embarassing, and a real detriment to the environment here.

pianoloverus #1157965 03/05/09 05:52 PM
S
S
I challenge anyone to click on my name is any of my posts and then click on my post history. Read as many as you wish. they are all there.

Then do the same for Norbert.

You will find that the majority of Norbert's posts promote him and the brands he carries. While I certainly express my opinions I show no such bias.

Norbert, you consistant push the envelope. Soon, it will burst.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

Steve Cohen #1157998 03/05/09 06:42 PM
Online Content
birchy:
I sent you a PM but don't know if it ever arrived. It should answer your concerns.

I notice you and Norbert are both from Vancouver and you own a Steigerman. Are you perhaps one of his customers?

pianoloverus #1158000 03/05/09 06:45 PM
I didn't get a message.

After a long search I did buy a piano from Norbert. It has worked out well.

Have you met him?

birchy #1158018 03/05/09 07:11 PM
S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
From birchy:

Let people talk about pianos, whether they sell them or not.

birchy, I am with you here.

When dealers are talking about their brands I find it more interesting than threads like these:

Do you try and let gases out before a long recital

thumb

schwammerl.

birchy #1158035 03/05/09 07:36 PM
Online Content
[quote=birchy]I didn't get a message.
[/quote

I tried PM you twice and the message didn't go through. Your profile seems to indicate you do accept private messages. If you want to PM me with a test email maybe I can "reply".

schwammerl #1158073 03/05/09 08:50 PM
Online Content
Originally Posted by schwammerl
From birchy:

When dealers are talking about their brands I find it more interesting than threads like these:

Do you try and let gases out before a long recital

thumb

Well, that's not exactly high praise. Where would you rate the infomercials with respect to the "Washing Hands after Playing the Piano" thread?

D
D
Originally Posted by Upscale Piano Lessons
Hi Rod, Hi Jonathon,

Playing a Brodmann and posting on Pianoworld are both new to me. I will read the rules again to see if there's a time limit on responding to a thread. If I've made an error, my bad, I apologize to you and the community.

With that said, I think that you might consider a world where neophytes are welcomed and not unduly criticized or ridiculed for not being totally up to speed.

I thought this was going to be a nice, friendly place to talk about pianos... oops... STUPID ME!

Jonathon,

I noticed that Brodmann is not included in your product line: Could this be the reason for that three-year-old pebble in your shoe?

smirk

I'm Sorry this is a somewhat dated response but I just noticed this post and felt compelled to respond.

Upscale Piano Lessons,

I'm not sure what you are talking about..

I have no problem with Boradmann piano's. Actually, I have heard and said good things about them (please check my previous posts).

..and If you feel you were "unduly criticized or ridiculed" by me simply stating this thread was started 3 years ago then I'm not really sure what to say..

For whatever its worth, I hope you don't pass judgement on this site so quickly..

Last edited by Diaphragmatic; 03/05/09 10:59 PM.

Musically Yours,
Jonathan Hunt

Sales Professional:
Steinway, Boston, Essex, Kohler & Campbell

The Music Gallery
Clearwater, Fl.
Diaphragmatic #1158132 03/05/09 10:46 PM
To bring in some fresh air.....

Perhaps it would be nice to hear from some others here about the pianos they carry and are proud of.

Of particular interest would be those that are relatively new on the market, are creating considerable consumer buzz in a short period of time, offering a line at least up to semi-concert grands and are being consecutively upgraded by Larry Fine in his Annual Supplements.

Wondering if Steve Cohen's grey-market pianos would perhaps make for a good candidate....

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 03/05/09 10:49 PM.

Norbert #1158506 03/06/09 02:31 PM
S
S
Deflecting the issue of your blatent adverting of Brodmann by attackng me is a tactic worthy of Terry Wilson.

Also, inviting other dealers to promote their lines in violation of forum rules is a poor way to try to justify your transgressions.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

Steve Cohen #1158517 03/06/09 02:57 PM
Steve:

Why go back to Brodmann, the line you apparently once wanted but couldn't get?

In fact as a "industry consultant for Bechstein" I always wondered why you don't even carry Bechstein in your store.

It is very unfortunate that instead of making some valid contributions here you simply see the need to insult those owners of pianos who have seen fit to write about their shopping experience here.

You claim I'm hyping things, yet completely ignore that much of it it customer based stuff.

Including some of our areas most respected teachers, students, pianists and churches.

Too bad that things like that create envy and strife in the industry for those who may feel endangered or even threatened by the competitive edge happy customers can create in the market.

For most it's good stuff to read about - it's based on real life experience, the stuff Larry Fine is often basing his evaluations on.

Rest assured, always happy to read some of your own.

Congratulations in advance!

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 03/06/09 03:09 PM.

Norbert #1158544 03/06/09 04:07 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
*cake*

Jeff Bauer | Keyboard Concepts

Yamaha | Schimmel | Bösendorfer | Knabe | Restored Steinway

My soundcloud page
Jeff Bauer #1159717 03/08/09 09:12 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi again and I thank you for your replies so far. However, those replies do digress to some degree from my original points: so may I refer you to my actual questions:

Would any Brodmann dealers or Brodmann owners like to comment on their experiences when comparing Brodmann and, say, Yamaha, in terms of reliability, tuning stability and quality of action/touch response? (I appreciate there is a considerable price difference) Also, from a dealer's viewpoint, are there any problems with continuity of supply?

Any opinions, positive or negative, on these manufacturers' and their models would be very much appreciated.

Likewise, if I can be of any help in supplying feedback from UK customers regarding new Yamaha and Steinway pianos, I would be delighted to help.

Chris Venables
Venables Pianos
Yamaha Pianos, Petrof Pianos and Venables & Son
UK Grand Piano Centre.
ChrisVenables #1159836 03/09/09 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisVenables

Would any Brodmann dealers or Brodmann owners like to comment on their experiences when comparing Brodmann and, say, Yamaha, in terms of reliability, tuning stability and quality of action/touch response?

I've had my BU 125 (Now called a PE 125 I believe) for about 13 months and it's behaving very well; still sounding gorgeous and has stayed in tune very well - better than I expected for a brand new piano settling into a new home. A slight "click" developed when depressing the sustain peddle (it was VERY quiet, only audible when playing pp and WITH the practice pedal) and went away again a week later.

I don't have much to compare it to, but since I'd rate my experience with the piano as just about flawless, I can't imagine another brand of piano could have pleased me more. Which isn't to say I don't believe there are better pianos - but for someone at my level of proficiency (moderate, shall we say!) , with my budget, it seems to have worked out well. The piano I can most easily compare it to is my teacher's, which is a Boston grand, and of course it has a fuller sound and a touch capable of more subtlety, but it was I guess between four and five times the price.

The reason I picked the Brodmann over the other pianos on my shortlist (a Bechstein, a Danemann, and a U3, all about the same price) was mostly the peace of mind I associated with owning something brand new. Tuners and technicians seemed to be responding well to the brand, and I found myself thinking "the Bechstein sounds great, but how much longer will a 90 year old pin-block last?" ; "the U3 has a great action but how much life is left in the strings?" etc...

A year and a bit down the line and I've learned quite a bit more about pianos, but I'm deliriously happy with my choice still, though I do eye up the 187cm grand whenever I pass my dealer's place!

Last edited by djtoast; 03/09/09 01:07 AM.

Brodmann BU 125 upright
1880 Blüthner 7'2" grand
melissap #1201709 05/18/09 07:36 PM
J
J
I know your posting was quite a while ago but I'm curious what did you end up buying and are you happy? I'm in the market for that similiarly elusive 10-15,000 under 6ft grand and have been considering Broadmann. So I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

thank you. steve

juststeve #1201760 05/18/09 08:56 PM
the person who started this thread last posted three years ago so may not be back to respond...

there's a more recent thread here:

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1164681/1.html

which digresses in the middle but is more recent and involves someone choosing between a brodmann 187, a kawai RX2 and a boston 178 - might be worth a look.

Brodmann BU 125 upright
1880 Blüthner 7'2" grand
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission