2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
i really need EXACT sheet music to this song b/c im getting a tattoo that involves it. so if anyone could help with this that would be awesome

soulsharborax@gmail.com or just reply here

adsf
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Hard to stand in the way of body art. Here you go: Fur Elise

Greg
S
OP Offline
S
yeah. i dont play piano but i play guitar for a band and i just have always thought fur elise is the most beautiful song ever...so i want to get it...so thats the 100% what beethoven is playing notes right? haha that would SUCK if it was something a lil different...and thanks soooo much for your help!!!

adsf
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by soulsharborax
yeah. i dont play piano but i play guitar for a band and i just have always thought fur elise is the most beautiful song ever...so i want to get it...so thats the 100% what beethoven is playing notes right? haha that would SUCK if it was something a lil different...and thanks soooo much for your help!!!

Well, I've never heard Beethoven play it but I'm pretty sure that's it laugh

The first 5 measures would be recognizable to anyone who's ever heard the piece.

Greg
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
i really need EXACT sheet music to this song b/c im getting a tattoo that involves it.[...]

[Linked Image]

smokin

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
To paraphrase the old joke:

Woman on her wedding night: "What's that tattoo on your...umm...? Is that the "Minute Waltz?"

Groom: "Wait a minute, and it'll be Opus Clavicembalisticum."

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Oh c'mon, Horowitzian. Show us all your Carmen Variations tatt.

X
xps Offline
X
Originally Posted by Phlebas
To paraphrase the old joke:

Woman on her wedding night: "What's that tattoo on your...umm...? Is that the "Minute Waltz?"

Groom: "Wait a minute, and it'll be Opus Clavicembalisticum."

ha laugh

L
L
I once got a tattoo, during a 3yr adolescent stint in Europe, thinking..."I never want to forget this period of my life, it's WHO I REALLY AM...guess I'll just mark my body so I never will forget it and me"

Then, after many years, maybe 15 or so, I came to the conclusion that, sheesh, I'd really like to forget that period of my life, it will always be a part of me, but it doesn't REPRESENT who I am anymore. I've moved past that...

Pretty hard to forget and move past it, when every 'Bob' and 'Mary' seems to notice the tattoo and says with wonder, "oh, where and when did you get that and what does it mean?!"..I became a 'broken record' playing over and over the meaning of the tatt and my reasons for getting such a silly marking. You see, at the time, you think this period in your life will be a part of you forever, and it will be in a sense, but to mark yourself as it REPRESENTING who you are, say 20 years from now, is silly as it isn't likely to be the case...give some serious wholistic consideration to that, and speak to other people who have them, who are much older than you.

Fur Elise is a beautiful piece but unless you have a child that's named 'Elise', I can't really understand the wish for that tatt. And even so, devotion to another is not qualified by marking our bodies...and similarily, the love for a piece of music is not measured by our want for it to be a part of us forever. We love, we live, we learn, and we move on....

Tatts look disgraceful after 10yrs...they smudge and blurr, as your skin stretches and as the ink inevitably fades and loses colour and the lines of your 'art' lose definition. Eventually, a tatt will just look like an old bruise that never healed. Can you imagine what the tiny notes of the Fur Elise score will look like after 5yrs?...like someone with really dirty snot sneezed on you. lol

Think twice about getting a tatt. If not for the sake of repeating yourself for the rest of your life on what it means, when you got it, etc., etc., (after you're well and truly over the reasons why)...then for the flawless skin on your body, and saving it from yet another eyesore...moles should be enough, and you will get more of them with age. lol smile

Last edited by lotuscrystal; 03/05/09 08:15 AM.
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
I can name that tune in 5 notes! Actually make that 3 notes!

I sent you a pdf copy by email.

I hope you don't regret this - music notation is hard to write by hand, you might wind up looking all "squiggly" as there are lots of 1/16 notes in the piece I"ve sent along.

What's this going to cost you?

S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
lotuscrystal,

As inane as I thought the inquiry was, the OP didn't ask for others' opinions about tattoos generally. I think your tirade was inappropriate.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but the comment about what the notes of Für Elise will look like after five years is disgusting. Vulgar slang for excreta tends to be taboo in this part of the world, and that one is no exception.

Steven

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
What a great idea for ink! I agree with you about the piece. It is my favorite. Post a photo when you can!

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."
David Loving, Waxahachie, Texas
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
There are a few different versions. Some versions have turn in second section, some don't.

Some scores indicate E, and some D (In last or last 2 measures).

Posted version has E for examply, but it soudns so much more beautiful with d:)

I'd second the request for a photo.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jscomposer
Oh c'mon, Horowitzian. Show us all your Carmen Variations tatt.

[Linked Image]

Sorry, good mate, I don't have one to show! cool

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sotto voce
lotuscrystal,

As inane as I thought the inquiry was, the OP didn't ask for others' opinions about tattoos generally. I think your tirade was inappropriate.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but the comment about what the notes of Für Elise will look like after five years is disgusting. Vulgar slang for excreta tends to be taboo in this part of the world, and that one is no exception.

Steven

IMO, there's nothing inappropriate about her post. It's a cautionary tale from someone with experience.

S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
IMO, there's nothing inappropriate about her post. It's a cautionary tale from someone with experience.

And you're entitled to your own opinion, too, Phlebas.

Did the OP ask for anyone's opinions about body art? I have experience with tattoos, too, and I like them fine. But nobody asked me what I think of them.

I can do without reading references to sneezing "really dirty snot" on a piano board. Or did you miss that part? What is that if not inappropriate?

Steven

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
IMO - again - given the choice between a little earthy language imbedded in a - perhaps - unsolicited suggestion, and the too often argumentative nature of your posts, I would prefer the former.

That, of course, once again, is purely IMO.

Yeah, the OP wasn't asking "Should I get a tattoo?" Presumably, s/he has already made that decision. S/he was asking a different question.

And while lotuscrystal's point is valid - people who get tattoos as teenagers do frequently end up regretting them - there's no indication that the OP is a teenager, that s/he is getting a tattoo because "it expresses who s/he is", or that s/he is getting said tattoo in a spot that will require explanations to others. What if the OP is getting a tattoo for purely aesthetic reasons? What if it has no particular meaning other than "I like this piece of music"? There's no law that tattoos have to be meaningful and deep and express the very essence of one's soul.

I have a friend who got a tattoo of a Celtic knot just because she likes Celtic knotwork. No deeper meaning than that. She still likes it just fine, 8 years later.

S
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
S
IMO - again - given the choice between a little earthy language imbedded in a - perhaps - unsolicited suggestion, and the too often argumentative nature of your posts, I would prefer the former.

That, of course, once again, is purely IMO.

IMO the word "snot" is offensive, and defense of its use here is perplexing.

Disagreement and dissent are inherent in discussion. In my experience, "argumentative" is the ad hominem epithet of choice used against someone who has differing opinions, voices them, stands behind them and expects the same from others.

Fortunately, we now have the equivalent of a killfile and we needn't read the posts by those we consider "too often" problematic at all. smile

Steven

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission