2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,944 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1156189 03/02/09 10:28 PM
D
Davinci Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mark my 1 year of playing.

I’m glad I need not wonder what other musical instruments could give me for I am thankful that I’ve been exposed to a wide varieties [Linked Image]during my school days (although I don’t exactly played all of them). None is as rewarding as piano. Yes I heard many saying and now I’m agreeing! [Linked Image]

Playing the piano was a childhood dream thing for me and my friends, but those who started this dream eventually drop it and don’t continue it, all blamed it to their lack of talents. Perhaps most of them haven’t considered enough when they started, how much of a person’s willingness to make this dream works. A teacher once told me the PHD philosophy in piano playing, and it is so true about a person’s Perseverance, Hard work and Determination to make it works.

I never tried piano until 10 years ago about this time when I was a young teenager. I don’t remember my 1st teacher taught me anything. I only remembered I’ve self- learned my pieces, came prepared but my playing was never appreciated and she is always busy doing up her nails! I stopped after a few lessons and never touch the piano again. It is a struggle for me to pick this up again for I’ve never given up learning anything before but just once in piano playing and I’m overly concerned will there be a 2nd time. I took many months to consider learning or not, many months to decide which direction I’m heading to, many months spent in a practice studio, many months to find my instrument, many months to find a “good” teacher, and finally many months to play pieces that my teacher had assigned me [Linked Image]

Yetersday night, I finally completed a piece that I've always wanted to learn, played for my teacher and at that very moment I felt so sensational. I think my teacher was happy for me too. Wow what a terrific instrument I'm learning and I’m so glad I manage to come this far. smile

Not sure can anyone relate to what I’m saying….sorry for starting this post…..I seems to be a little emotional these days.

Davinci #1156208 03/02/09 10:47 PM

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congratulations, Davinci, on your one year piano anniversary! smile And how fitting that it coincided with finishing one of your aspiration pieces. Being "a little emotional" is understandable under the circumstances. laugh

Monica K. #1156315 03/03/09 03:26 AM
D
Davinci Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Monica smile I’m really happy about it. I guess its time to set some goals to motivate myself more.

Davinci #1156344 03/03/09 06:30 AM
That was very inspirational-and convicting! I am one of those people who played for 10 years as a child, had a horrible performance one time(at church), and quit. It has plagued me ever since. So I started back because I wanted my children to learn and I couldn't afford the money for a teacher. I am hooked again! Thanks for reminding me about the PHD philosophy!

Homeschooling Mom to 8
crystalncrew #1156439 03/03/09 11:57 AM
D
Davinci Offline OP
OP Offline
D
crystalncrew is your avatar a pic of you playing the piano with 3 kiddies? Wow you really knows how to nurture the kids thumb Someone told me that children who grow up playing music will be good-natured. Anyway I’m sure you are gaining more as you teach.

Davinci #1156462 03/03/09 12:40 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That's wonderful!! Thanks for sharing your experience. I am really looking forward to my 1 year because I finally found a wonderful teacher and have made some great progess with her. Now I actually BELIEVE I can do this.

btw... I love your "band" -LOL

Keep up the good work smile

“The doubters said, "Man cannot fly," The doers said, "Maybe, but we'll try,"
And finally soared in the morning glow while non-believers watched from below.”
― Bruce Lee
D
Davinci Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Kymber you are BETTER than you think you really are. Let me know when you reach your 1st anniversary. smile

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission