2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, 11 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
So here's the story with who's taken what and which poems are still available:

The Road Not Taken -Arjen
Christmas Trees
An Old Man’s Winter Night -Requiem Aeternam
A Patch of Old Snow -sarabande
In the Home Stretch
The Telephone
Meeting and Passing -signa
Hyla Brook
The Oven Bird -Fiesta Figaro
Bond and Free -Allazart
Birches
Pea Brush
Putting in the Seed
A Time to Talk
The Cow in Apple Time
An Encounter
Range-finding
The Hill Wife -kcoul058 (House Fear), cyip086 (The Impulse)
The Bonfire
A Girl’s Garden
The Exposed Nest
“Out, Out—”
Brown’s Descent, or the Willy-nilly Slide
The Gum-gatherer
The Line-gang
The Vanishing Red
Snow
The Sound of the Trees

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
the road is indeed not yet taken LOL

"He who turns himself into a beast, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by Requiem Aeternam:
the road is indeed not yet taken LOL
What an interesting statement if it is not taken at all. wink

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
what can I say, it's prophetic work that portends its own destiny wink

"He who turns himself into a beast, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'll be taking "House Fear" from "The Hill Wife". I looked at pretty well all of the poems in the cycle, and while IMHO Frost may not have the most animated imagery in his particular style of poetry, it still does this project enough justice to be suitable enough.

I might have recommended some French poetry that had been translated to English, but since enough people have picked (and I found one I like too! and i'm really picky! wink ), this seems like it should work great!

I'll start my thread right away... expect my piece to be pretty morose.. just read the poem!

Unfortunately I would actually like to take that road, if you gentlemen won't mind. I'm not a skilled composer by any means but I'll do my best. I'll write it in Sibelius, I can send it as MIDI or graphical illustration, whatever is desired. I have some issues with internet during the week but should always be able to provide an update each weekend, at the very least.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Remember, I've just taken one of the poem's found in the "Hill Wife", so there's still other ones in there people can take! Be sure to edit the "whos taken what" post so people know the whole "Hill Wife" isn't taken by me!

OP Offline
Hey guys, I just wanted to clear up some things about the reviewing process. While it is preferred, you don't necessarily have to have show new material every week on your thread. There is no "due date" for your composition, and while it would be nice to "hear" progress on your work, any sort of conceptual progress will suffice. If at all possible, try to update us at least once a week on the progress of your piece.

A
A
Originally posted by Fiesta Figaro:
Hey guys, I just wanted to clear up some things about the reviewing process. While it is preferred, you don't necessarily have to have show new material every week on your thread. There is no "due date" for your composition, and while it would be nice to "hear" progress on your work, any sort of conceptual progress will suffice. If at all possible, try to update us at least once a week on the progress of your piece.
Yes, I'd arrived at this conclusion myself. If I keep posting updates it will diminish the impact of the final piece. I know, as the composer one sometimes gets tired of his work and I wouldn't want my potential listeners to feel the same way before I'm even done.

So, I may post comments in my thread but won't post new music clips until it is finished to my satisfaction.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I really didn't want to post bits and pieces of mine either as it doesn't give the "full effect" that way. I can go ahead and provide some updates on how I'm doing though.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
How is everyone doing on their compositions? I haven't heard any updates from anyone except for those few who already have recordings posted. Where are all of you? I haven't heard from any of you on the forum at all for quite a while. Is everyone still working on their compositions for this project behind the scenes? Can anyone provide an update to their threads or post on this thread just to say you're still working on it?

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
i haven't had time working on my piece since the last time i touched it. i got some organizational ideas though (thinking more towards a sonata/sonatina form) but to put everything into composition is going to take long time, since i have much piano practice to do especially now that i have a teacher. but i will try to find time to work on it.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Signa,

Your actually one of the few who has gotten a recording posted. You are a lot farther ahead than the rest of us! smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission