2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello all..Please have a listen to my new CD..It is all SOLO PIANO you can hear it at http://www.kirksaavedra.com after you listen to the demo please fill out the review....it would help out a lot....thanks you to you allfor your time.

kirk saavedra

S
S
hey Kirk...couldn't download for some reason...sorry!

I try to live, love and laugh as much as I can every day, because every day may be my last
OP Offline
Is anyone else having probs?..because it works fine for me.

thanks
kirk

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
my brower froze when tried, but will try again.

ok, listened 3 of them, and they sound very pretty, but that's about it.

G
G
Nice stuff! Better for background music, IMO.

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
http://www.orangetreesamples.com
Hey, is it "listen to me play!" time?
Cool...I have some tunes....
http://planetmullins.com/robmullinsfreemusicpage.html
Enjoy!

Rob Mullins
www.planetmullins.com
Recording Artist and Jazz Piano Instructor
OP Offline
Thank you everyone...GregJazz..I was going for background style it is easier to sell...for me that is.....some people try to show off every skill they have in a song....for me that does not sound good...it just sounds like "Look at Me" type of thing.Thank you all for your time.and comments.

Thanks
Kirk Saavedra

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Kirk, thank you for sharing your music with us. I am listening now, so will comment on the music later. But I hope you won't mind if I offer some unsolicited advice on your web page!

Your site looks very nice, I really like the layout and the colors and the photos. But it would be great if you added some more information, maybe make the "about" page longer. For example, you have two pianos, what did you do the recordings on? Where did you do the recordings? I assume they are all your original compositions, but it doesn't say that outright anywhere on the site. Also, you might tell a little bit about the pieces, what they mean to you or something like that. Do you have other musical interests that are greatly different from the music you've made here? And of course, a little bit more about yourself: is piano your vocation? how did your life bring you to this place where you're making these CDs etc. Do you perform anywhere? Did you really take the night train to Senegal?

Just my opinion, maybe I'm just nosy though!

Ok, I've listened to about all of the samples. My first thought is I want to hear them all the way to the end! I think with non-classical solo piano, it's easy for pieces to end up not standing out from each other (which is a polite way to say they all sound the same), but I can't really say one way or the other at this point since your samples all end just when they get started. How about choosing one piece and putting it on the site in its entirity?

Hmm, well, I want to hear more, so that's a good sign as far as I'm concerned.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
J
Originally posted by Rob Mullins:
Hey, is it "listen to me play!" time?
Cool...I have some tunes....
http://planetmullins.com/robmullinsfreemusicpage.html
Enjoy!
Yeah, Man... very nice. Who are the sidemen on "Jazz Jazz"?

Love that #11!
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
ROB!!!! Love "Virtuoso" That is fantastic!!! And lots of fun!!! Jazz Jazz is great too. (the others seem to be styles I don't really listen, what with my piano bias and all, but I am going to be listening to Virtuoso again for sure!)

Thanks for posting your link!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hi Kirk -- Listened to some of your samples, definitely laid back and quiet, pretty music..for sure sets a mood...have you had alot of luck selling your cds or are you into the selling of your downloads?

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Rob, listened to your Vituoso and Etude, and like them! it seems that you put some Bach (c minor prelude to be precise) into it and mixed with some jazz, which sounds fun though. Etude seems like an etude for RH.

OP Offline
Hello Webs
The CD sells well....I dont do downloads yet....I should....maybe soon....Thanks for the listen and the nice comments.

thanks
Kirk Saavedra
www.kirksaavedra.com

So do you sell mostly off of your website or your soft piano radio and how do you get traffic to the sites. I have one cd of solo piano, combination of jazz, classical, a few of my own compositions and two Christmas songs -- (I think it is too many genres) so I'm working on another of solo originals, but I haven't had much luck with sales of the first one...so I'm just curious. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Here is an example of my playing, my arrangement:

http://www.gigmasters.com/mp3/8775_wineandroses8775.mp3

OP Offline
Hi Webs
My radio station brings alot of people to my website...but i work hard on bringing people to my website...you have to always let people know about your website..look at all my post...at the end of each post I write my name and then my website address....this helps...try little things like this...and on my website I also have info on selling cds and promotion...go here to read...http://www.kirksaavedra.com/internet.html
If you dont let people know your out there...they wont find you.
P.S You music sounds fantastic!

give it a try.
Kirk Saavedra
www.kirksaavedra.com

Hi Kirk -- Thanks for the advice and the compliment..I've been working really hard at my music and now I need to work hard at promoting it. The books mentioned on your site look really informative, I'll have to decide which one is the best!!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Webs

I've just listened to Days of Wine & Roses...Mmmmm there are some really pretty chords in that piece.

Thanks for sharing...I'd buy one of your CD's laugh

regards

Lee smile

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee
Hi Lee - Thanks! It isn't on my first cd, http://cdbaby.com/cd/helenallen but it will be on my 2nd...I'll let you known when it is complete..

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Helen

Cha-Ching!! I just purchased your first CD smile

Let me know about the 2nd one when its done okay?

BTW

Just a teenie bit of feedback for you (none of this is to offend BTW)

I agree with you about it being "too many genres" as I very nearly didn't buy that first CD ...due to the diversity of the music featured on it.

For me the standards and the christmas tune sit together reasonably okay ...but, I am not a lover of classical music, I would say that maybe such a wide diversity of styles has put many potential buyers off?. Because, I would say if you got to No1 on the most requested list you should have been selling those CD's well.

I would think it probably best to record either a classical album, or a standards and jazz album...and get your Christmas album recorded for just the right time of year wink

Listening again to "days of wine and roses"...I much prefer the second half, I am not quite as keen on the alberti bass and descending chromatics as I am on the second half of the piece ( I would have called it a "song" but, I believe you have to use the word "piece" to save embarrasment shocked lol ) which I just love BTW

regards

Lee

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee
Hey Lee...GREAT! THANKS for the purchase!! I really do appreciate it...and your comments are all right on...my thoughts exactly as to why it didn't sell...I'm going to put alot more thought into the 2nd one as far as song selection...but I guess I'm still somewhat confused about genre, the recording of Days and Wine & Roses, it isn't exactly jazz..more along the lines of easy listening (I hate that term because it has a the same connotation as elevator music)..but for sure there won't be any classical and no Christmas..again thanks for the purchase..I'm going out to buy myself a Steinway with my earnings whome ha

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission