2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 10 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 60 of 119 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 118 119

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

I've never gotten around to playing Monday. I'm guessing that means I think it's harder! grin Nefeli I'd rate as easier than Nuvole Bianche. There's a tricky stretch of about 4 measures on Nefeli that require painful and repeated slow practice, hands separate and then together, but once you get those down, the rest of the piece is no big deal. Nuvole Bianche has a more challenging left hand and tempo and voicing issues.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Nuvole Bianche has a more challenging left hand and tempo and voicing issues.

Yep and it's kicking my butt. I may have to put this to one side for a while and try something else, of which I have many favs to begin, Le Onde perhaps.. (hmmm)
- SC

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg #1522360 09/25/10 11:35 AM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
No, I will not put to one side Nuvole Bianche!
It is the first entire song I am learning to play, and I want to finish it. smile
Actually the crossing-fingers of the left hand is not very easy...

A.

achat #1523014 09/26/10 11:54 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ashat
No, I will not put to one side Nuvole Bianche!
It is the first entire song I am learning to play, and I want to finish it. smile
Actually the crossing-fingers of the left hand is not very easy...

A.

Agreed, I don't think I'm going to stop but I will have to start I giorni since hearing it as it's so mesmerizing! thumb
- SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
TTigg #1523037 09/26/10 12:59 PM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by TTigg

Agreed, I don't think I'm going to stop but I will have to start I giorni since hearing it as it's so mesmerizing! thumb
- SC

ah! I learnt the intro the very first day I got the piano. I couldn't resist to try. Then I didn't come back still, but I will surely do. It is one of my favorite.

Today I started spending some time on "Monday". Not too hard, but I would like to have a bigger left hand!

A.

Last edited by ashat; 09/26/10 01:06 PM.
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
If I keep on going in this way in few weeks I will prepare a medley titled "10 Easy Original Einuadi sub-pieces for Adult Beginners" smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Take it easy learning the pieces you truly love.

Maybe you can try one of them to get you started but the way I started working was to do some of the known "easier" pieces. This way I could get used to playing the pieces and the patterns that Einaudi tends to use (and some might say overuse) and then apply this to the songs I love later on. This way you've got less pressure on yourself trying to perfect your favorites early on when you may not have the skill or patience to deal with the frustrations.

Anyway, good luck in whatever path you take. Some ways may be longer but the scenery may make it all worth while.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by AnthonyB
Take it easy learning the pieces you truly love.

Maybe you can try one of them to get you started but the way I started working was to do some of the known "easier" pieces. This way I could get used to playing the pieces and the patterns that Einaudi tends to use (and some might say overuse) and then apply this to the songs I love later on. This way you've got less pressure on yourself trying to perfect your favorites early on when you may not have the skill or patience to deal with the frustrations.

Anyway, good luck in whatever path you take. Some ways may be longer but the scenery may make it all worth while.

Hi Antony,

I have seen a lot of your videos! Really well played, very relaxed hands. You are right about starting with some easy pieces. But actually I don't like too much Limbo and Exit. While I like Come un Fiore, that seems enough easy.

Can I ask you since many years/months are you playing?

A.

It's been a while since I added an Einaudi piece to my YouTube channel. Here's Questa Volta. I kept trying to get a better take, but try as I might, I couldn't help skipping at least one note here and there on a take. I am not good at playing ppp! It's especially irritating because Questa Volta really isn't that hard. mad

Q
Q
Alright im just gonna ask straight forward instead of going through hordes of pages. I've played for a bit over a year now, and I've started to get really into Ludovico Einaudi lately, and I want to eventually start playing some of his songs.

I know it might be a bit too early as of now, but what songs would I be looking into if I were to actually try?

My main goal is to be able to play I Giorni, Nuvole Bianche and Primavera pretty much, they are just beautiful.

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Well, I've played for a bit less a month now, and I am learning random sections of "Fuori dal mondo", "Nuvole bianche", "Monday", and "In un'altra vita".

I think you should start with the one you like the most.

A.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Quagles
Alright im just gonna ask straight forward instead of going through hordes of pages. I've played for a bit over a year now, and I've started to get really into Ludovico Einaudi lately, and I want to eventually start playing some of his songs.

I know it might be a bit too early as of now, but what songs would I be looking into if I were to actually try?

My main goal is to be able to play I Giorni, Nuvole Bianche and Primavera pretty much, they are just beautiful.

I've been playing for 2.5yrs (approx) and whilst I've learned Primavera (not recorded it yet) I'm currently finding Nuvole Bianche quite challenging. I'm also messing about with I giorni since I just LOVE it..

However, no matter what your current level at least give them a go if you want, just take them SLOWLY. If you find that these are a little above your current level then take a look at the most recent pages, Monica and Co mention some easy pieces to have a go at.

Welcome to Einaudi love & madness (as I like to call it)

wOoT - just about 2wks and I'll be seeing him again in San Francisco - anyone else going?

- SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
I am trying to refine the first 3 pages of Monday.
Is there anybody who spent a bit of time on this, and may help me on how to use the pedal on this piece?

As for now I am keeping the pedal always down. The result is not so bad, but I believe it could improve by the right use of the pedal. I have tried by myself but really can't figure out the right moments to "up" the pedal a bit.

A

Hi Ashat,

I generally pedal with chord changes on Einaudi pieces. With "Monday," that seems to be pretty much every measure.

Now that I looked at the sheet music again, I can see why I've never tackled it. Those right-hand triplets against the eighth-note bass patterns starting on the bottom of the fourth page aren't easy, and it goes on for a page. help

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Hi Ashat,

I generally pedal with chord changes on Einaudi pieces. With "Monday," that seems to be pretty much every measure.

Thanks Monica, I have tried but I can't succeed, I don't know, looks like the chord change is so fast that I can't be enough fast frown

Now that I looked at the sheet music again, I can see why I've never tackled it. Those right-hand triplets against the eighth-note bass patterns starting on the bottom of the fourth page aren't easy, and it goes on for a page. help

that's why for the moment I stopped at pag 3 smile
I will try later and I will let you know how hard it is!

Additionally to me it is challenging to keep on without mistakes for more than 3 pages... I lack a bit of training about this I suppose.

A.

achat #1530189 10/07/10 12:34 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Less than a week to go !!!!!!!!! smile

When are the East Coast mob seeing him? Oh and update on I giorni = I've memorized it, gotta polish it off for recording - holy 10th batman (at the ending measures) but I LOVE this tune.

Probably one of my current favorites of his. It's also fun that "Samba" is directly after I giorni on the CD, that's also a very catchy tune! thumb
- SC

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net

October 16th, Milwaukee!!! And I still haven't pricelined my hotel room! eek

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
why accomplish today that which can be put off to the morrow?
-anonymous procrastinator

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ludovico Einaudi posted this on facebook/twitter...
It's lovely in New York!
38 minutes ago via Facebook

The 16th will be here before we know it! Of course, then the concert will be over far too quickly and I'll be just a bit sad again while wondering when the next chance will come. But until then I'll try to convince myself that most people aren't even getting a chance to see him and that I'm lucky that this is my 2nd chance already!

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
achat #1530747 10/08/10 06:00 AM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ashat
(...)as I already wrote in my first post to the "Adult Beginners" section I am 41 and I have just started teaching myself to play piano (20 days of experience until now smile
All of my motivation comes from Einaudi music, so that's my starting point.(...)

Hi Ashat,
I don't want to discourage you, but I think you should try a diferent overview. I agree that Einaudi is a great composer, but in my opinion he is not "great" for being a starting point. I'm "self re-learning" too (since Decembre 2009 - almost 1 year!) and I practice for about 1h/2h everyday. Just to share that ONLY this week I started to study "La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete"; just because I fell I'm ready for it. Only now.
I don't know your talent, or your musical background, but you should add some confidence before studing Einaudi. He is a great composer/interpreter and it's not easy to reach is level of "sound".
As I said, I don't want to discourage you, I just wanted to share my opinion.
Good work!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
Page 60 of 119 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission