2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Playadom, if you're doing HS at 1 min you're doing quite well! thumb laugh If you can, try to get it to 45 sec. HS if possible so you have enough "error cushion" when you join them HT. It's quite a nice Slavic dance piece. You'll do quite well with it, I am sure smile

I'll put you down for #14. It doesn't seem overtly difficult - most of the "challenges" are in the dynamics. Maybe you can bring out something special from it...

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gerg:
Playadom, if you're doing HS at 1 min you're doing quite well! thumb laugh If you can, try to get it to 45 sec. HS if possible so you have enough "error cushion" when you join them HT. It's quite a nice Slavic dance piece. You'll do quite well with it, I am sure smile

I'll put you down for #14. It doesn't seem overtly difficult - most of the "challenges" are in the dynamics. Maybe you can bring out something special from it...
I'm sure that the dynamics, however good I might play them, might be muffled a bit by my horrible microphone.

Practice makes permanent - Perfect practice makes perfect.
Well gerg you heard it from Monica. I do like 12 though. It's melodic and harmonic.

Maybe the next recital . . . I'll put something in the piano bar though. I'll be the afterglow act.

Have fun!

PS: Taking Frycek's sig line literally for now!

Steinway M
Roland AT90R

Now Voyager, sail thou forth to seek and find. --Walt Whitman
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Are you not playing then? I need to know whether to open the slots.

Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think you are moving awfully fast with this decisions, I can't follow only because of the time zone - what if Op30no3 is on holiday ??

Thanks, Mistaya for playing number 6 - it is beautiful and I like it very much, but there is no way that my piano can give justice to this very fine prelude.

I've told a month ago that I could play no 11, but I guess that is just another of my stupid childish opinions wink

Ragnhild

Trying to play the piano:
http://www.box.net/public/dbr23ll03e
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Deleted

Don't click here!
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Deleted

Don't click here!
gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
quote-instead-of-edit; deleted accidental post

Don't click here!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey, I do not want to play number 6, It has given me a really hard time because the bass of my piano is too muddy, the una corda pedal makes it sound like choking and no pedal sounds pling-plong.
I'll play no 6 the day I can afford a Bösendorfer wink

I said earlier http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/32/4531.html#000000 that I can do no 11 if there's a crisis - it sounds ok on a light piano - but things does not seem to have gone that far, no crisis yet....

Apart from that, everybody : Go slow, take care, make a nice recital and don't eat people for lunch !

Ragnhild

gerg Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Okay, Ragnhild, no troubles. wink

We just need solid commitments from everyone who volunteers to play something, so there are no holes. We cannot have seventeen people volunteering for #7, while #5 is left unplayed. That is the trouble we seem to be running into...

I would really value your participation here, if you want to... will see what I can do re #11 - that is a perfect piece for you. You mean a great deal to this forum. smile

Don't click here!
L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
I personally would like to thank Greg for keeping track of all this. My mind (not always in the best shape) is completely lost here. Things are moving fast, as Ragnhild says.

I am happy to see Ragnhild back. And I am very pleased to see some new people here also. I apologize to Mr. Super Hunky for my frivilous reply to your request. I know you were joking (you were, right?). I have seen Barry Manilow in person and he puts on a super show, but then I'm in the senior stage, so what do I know?

Anyhow, once again, thank you Greg. I agree that we do need some serious commitment so there are no holes. Time is running short. Tick! Tock!

I will try to reach Thalamus and Opus30 today.

Regards,
Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Gerg - thanks for taking on the complicated organisation of all this!

Ragnhild - I'm so glad to see you on the forum once again, and hope that you will join in even if it's no. 11 rather than no. 6. As for pianos - well mine is a bit like yours, and certainly won't do justice to Prelude 13 either; one can but try.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gerg:
We cannot have seventeen people volunteering for #7, while #5 is left unplayed. That is the trouble we seem to be running into...
What trouble? If a week from now and you still can't find anyone to do it, then put my name on it.

Hey, I don't see YD on the list. We should ask him if he likes to participate.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You are right maryrose, it is a nice thing to participate, and doing my best is actually.......about the best I can do. wink
But I can only volunteer for 6 and 11,because that's the two I've practiced. Since 11 is fast it means less time listening to a bad piano (and it's also more my character than no 6)

Greg, you have a challenge now, I know there are also people like Cruiser and Brucee who has wanted to be part of the recital for a while, but who maybe are too modest ??

The recital has been planned for months, seems a little strange to make so many definitive changes during 24 hours. I guess it is important to include as many as possible of those who really want to take part, and it is really great that the Chopin preludes are so popular. smile

Maybe, Greg, you will have to put all the volunteers in a hat and start again with 5,6,10,11,14,19 an 20.

Ragnhild

L
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
L
Just to cover the bases, I wanted to let everyone know that I did send a PM to Thalamus and Op30no3 just a few minutes ago. I hope we hear from them, one way or another.

Regards,
Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by loveschopintoomuch:
I apologize to Mr. Super Hunky for my frivilous reply to your request. I know you were joking (you were, right?). I have seen Barry Manilow in person and he puts on a super show, but then I'm in the senior stage, so what do I know.

Regards,
Kathleen
Actually, I was'nt joking! smokin .

I think Barry Manilow does a very good job of interpreting Chopin's prelude in C minor No. 28 in his tune "Could it be magic". This is an extremely difficult piece to play should you look at the complexity of the chords he is using.

I have heard several jazz interpretations of this piece from various artists (yes. I know, a jazz interpretation of a classical Chopin piece does sound nuts!), but they are nothing short of incredible.

I realize that this is a very structured and strictly organized event which is about as far from my playing style as you can get so I will retreat to the land of misfit toys and continue my style of shooting grape jelly out of my water pistol!. Then again, maybe I could set up a piano in the parking lot, hoping to catch people on the way out so they can catch a brief glimps of my freakish side show!.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
If you ask me, I'd rather do 5 than 14, now that 5 is open.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
SH - Not that we want to keep you out of the recital, but when it comes to any Chopin event, people are very serious in presenting Chopin compositions in their originality. I am quoting this from an event of a Chopin society "Please note only original versions will be accepted; no transcriptions, no arrangements".

Even if you want to play the massive Rachmaninoff transcription of this C minor prelude, it's not acceptable.

playadom - you haven't finished your No 12 yet.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by LisztAddict:

playadom - you haven't finished your No 12 yet.
I'm not adding any extras.
Switching preludes won't make it any harder.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
Then again, maybe I could set up a piano in the parking lot, hoping to catch people on the way out so they can catch a brief glimps of my freakish side show!
I'd definitely listen with appreciation if you put it up in the parking lot, er I mean, piano bar. wink

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission