2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Well folks since November I've been working on this major jazz piece which I was pretty sure wouldn't be ready for the February recital. I've put more time into this than any other single work i've played over the last couple of years. It is very consuming, but I'm learning a lot in the process. So for February I'll probably go with a Simon & Garfunkel tune that's always been a favorite of mine. Good success to all in your efforts.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I think my Recital piece will be the main theme from the slow movement of one of Haydn's String Quartets - one of his early works - simple and serene.

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by rustyfingers:
Oh, and I'm probably not going to submit anything this time since I have not yet sat down at the piano in 2009.

(Is there a contest for that?)

I blame it on AdagioM and BeeLady for teaching me how to knit...
smokin [Linked Image]

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Cute.

So thanks to this thread, the mazurkathon thread, and the keepin-me-working ABF, I got my butt back on the bench and hope to have dusted off another piece from my past to submit after all.

You guys rock.

But someday soon I'm gonna run out of stuff I used to play and have to learn something new!

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by rustyfingers:
Cute.

So thanks to this thread, the mazurkathon thread, and the keepin-me-working ABF, I got my butt back on the bench and hope to have dusted off another piece from my past to submit after all.

You guys rock.

But someday soon I'm gonna run out of stuff I used to play and have to learn something new!
I hear you on that. I've run out of things that I used to play, so now it's new stuff. And it's not ready!

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
*BUMP*

The recital thread opens soon... and this time I'm not ready. frown

I'm going to have to go with the David Nevue piece, as I don't have the Einaudi piece where I want it. I need my power to come back on so I can try to get some recording time in... help

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
The Red Dot won today...but I'm going in to do battle again tomorrow...

I will eventually kick his Red butt... laugh

3 days to go...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It's almost here! smile

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Howdy, everyone. I have a recording which isn't too awful, but I hope to get a better one before it's too late. Probably won't happen, though. It's rare that I have the house to myself long enough to record anything.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
I did more recording today but I think I might still go with the one I made earlier this month. I might take a few more stabs at it this evening before I go ahead and submit my recording whenever the submission page goes live.

This will be my first recital entry with a video link to go along with it as well.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
I vanquished the evil red one shortly after noon yesterday. Now I'm battle-hardened and ready to fight for one of the coveted early slots. I plan to pounce as soon as Monica gives the all clear. thumb

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm not ready yet...but I have days, I tell you, days!

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
My piece is ready, but my hard drive crashed a couple of weeks ago, and while much was saved I have to redownload a couple of freeware programs - Audacity included. Howsomever, my last official day on my job was Fri, and I only have to finish one project for them, and I'll be free! Or at least only a buck-two-ninety-eight until I need more money laugh So I should have time to download and record before the recital. Believe it or not, mine is an Irving Berlin piece from - get this - Sheet Music Magazine -

I'm hoping, too, to have more time and maybe post to the piano bars. A couple of friends and I have started jamming on some old swing tunes, and I have a lot to learn about transposing/playing by ear (mandolins, fiddles, guitars, etc, don't usually play in Eb frown ). We've been having a great time, but anything I can do to ratchet it up a notch would be a big help.

So I'll probably be in the last half, if not the last quarter, of the list, but I'll be there!

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey Cathy, nice to see you around. I was thinking of you last week--went to a contra dance with live music--boy was it fun!

OK, I'm in. I'll be traveling this week, so I thought I'd better submit what I had. There are a couple of bloopers, plus I changed the fingering on the runs at the last minute, so they aren't really up to speed. But, as my dad would have said, "It is what it is."

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission