2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, 7 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Terrytunes,

you seem to be the person with just the amount of spunk to spearhead this event, (I just come up with the idea's and then run remember! wink )

So, with the power never bestowed upon me, I officially put you in charge of organizing this event! eek . You see, with you in charge, we may be even able to convince a few of the fence-sitters to attend and possibly perform. thumb

Whadya say? smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
hunky... wait one second... I'm writing a pm for ddh!! laugh be right back!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'd be more than happy to assist but it will truly end up being a group effort if a large scale event is to be perfectly planned.

I guess my first question would be... are there more than 8 members who would come to MA???

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
oh, and my 2nd question.... what is Copper's choice for a location???!!! I just saw an "example" posted... maybe I missed his vote!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Copper is very *elusive*, he likes it that way!

Copper Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
Copper is very *elusive*, he likes it that way!
Elusive.

Well we did seem to get the ball rolling towards MA.

Did you know that I worked at Fenway Park for 8 years?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
If it ends up being in SF, I would be happy to be a tourguide (if not in person, I could at least be a 'virtual' tourguide, via this Forum).

I can offer suggestions for airport transportation, local transportation, sightseeing (including excursions further afield - such as the wine country), shopping suggestions, location of piano stores laugh etc.

I think it would be fun to see some of the folks in this Forum. smile

FYI: winter weather in SF tends to be a lot warmer than the rest of the country thumb and summer weather tends to be a lot cooler than the rest of the country. thumb (maybe too cool whome but that is another story)

Of course Boston is a great place too...

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Terrytunes:

If we do muster enough interest to have an actual *real* live concert recital, sooner or later an actual location will have to be chosen.

We are still in the exploratory stage now however more and more interest seems to be building up.

I had also noticed that a few active members from the other PW forums have been chiming in and I think that is terrific. Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe we should have an "all-inclusive" PW live recital?.

While that would be really cool, it does bring up the performance intimidation factor but I'm sure there may be ways to have everyone perform who wants to while possibly keeping certain groupings of abilities together.

It now seems that the top 3 locations are Mass, Vegas, or san Fransico.

For those who are traveling, the airfare and hotel really should not be that much of a difference in any of the locations. I can only assume that Vegas would be the least expensive since there are deals all the time there but like I said, if someone lives say in the midwest, the airfare and hotel will be about the same either way.

So, a few questions for everyone:

1.).Should we open the live concert recital to everyone (Any/all Pianoworld members) or limit it to an adult beginer live recital?

2.) To be fair to the bulk majority of our members living in the U.S, what can we do to include our other members across the globe?. Possibly donate unused frequesnt flyer miles?, offer to host a member a place to stay when they get here?.

3.) If we do this and it turns out succsessful (like the online recitals), could we possibly have an annual live recital that changes locations every year?. Maybe this year it will be in San Fran, next year, Mass, the following year, Vegas, and who knows, possibly even europe in the future.

This concept has a HUGE amount of potential but only if we all do something to organize it. Why not have some fun with this idea and actually DO IT??. You only live once!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Copper:

Pitcher?, 3rd baseman? popcorn sales?
:p

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Regarding whether the live recital should be open to all members, I don't see why not. If there are enough performers, it's possible to do 2 sessions - afternoon recital for the beginners/retreaders, followed by happy hour and dinner, (now we're talking), and then the evening session for the "serious" amateur pianists - the happy hour might bring down their level of performance! haha! It would be up to each performer to decide which group he/she wants to sign up for, I guess.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Rosanna:
It would be up to each performer to decide which group he/she wants to sign up for, I guess.
Sign me up for happy hour! laugh

ddh Offline
Originally posted by Rosanna:
... the happy hour might bring down their level of performance! haha! It would be up to each performer to decide which group he/she wants to sign up for, I guess.
Or I could register in the "Advanced" group and REALLY bring down their average level laugh

Daniel

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
I could just register and bring down the average of the whole thing.

That's Low.

Life without Piano is Death
Anyway, Looks like if it happens, it will be in the Good Ole US of A.

Shall not be going there.

Life without Piano is Death
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Or the order of the recital could be arranged according to the grade level of the pieces. If a piece doesn't have an official grade designation then an experienced teacher (looking at you Betty) could look it over and make an educated guess. That would at least keep Twinkle, Twinkle, and 25/11 separate. That would also let the less experienced performers go first with less time for nerves to built up.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Anyway, Looks like if it happens, it will be in the Good Ole US of A.
Actually a compromise is called for, the half way point between us Europeans and the Americans is Ulan Bator in Mongolia, I wouldn't go there though, I don't like horses milk in my tea.

Copper Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by mr_super-hunky:
Originally posted by Copper:
[b]

Pitcher?, 3rd baseman? popcorn sales?
:p [/b]
Hot Franks Here! Ice Cold Beer!

I went up and down those aisles a million times, but I always stopped when Yaz was up.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Frycek's grade-level order sounds good. Or it can be by experience-level (self determined.)

The recital can be after happy hour, so *everyone*'s playing level will go down accordingly!

[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
If I could make it I'd probably go to either coast, but would still prefer Vegas.

As for splitting the recital into levels - I like the ABF as a "self-defined" group - it's part of what makes it so special, IMHO, so I'd rather we didn't split the folks any way. I'd just as soon we did something like draw straws for an order of playing smile , so we have kind of a random order, like we do for the quarterly recitals/piano bar/holiday recital. Besides, who's to say if we want to try a "harder" - whatever that means - piece and mess it up, or an "easier" - whatever that means - piece and nail it? And how would we define what that means for the play-by-ear folks?

I still really like the simultaneous Euro-US idea, and I still don't have any idea how that would work.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
jotur, you made a good point about playing group and order. OK, so Frycek's grade-level order idea doesn't sound as good anymore. laugh

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission