2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Carey, Dalem01, Cheeeeee, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 8 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
B
How do I post a picture?

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
Go here

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/fileuploader2.html

to upload your photo, then a URL for it will be sent to your email. When using the full reply form, click once on "image" (below the reply form among the many other "instand UBB code" options) This will bring up a window where you can C and P the URL, and then in the post it will appear as a photo.

The only trouble is, the photos tend to be huge, so you might want to resize it *before* uploading. (Something like 640 X 480 as suggested by mxs)

Wow, I sound like a pro, and I only just figured this out yesterday! smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
B
B
Thanks ShiroKuro. I'll have to work out how to use the scanner too.

I expect my piano will be the worst out of all the ones shown here.

T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
KathyK - It's an Estonia 190 - Satin Mahogany. It was about 1 month old in this picture. Adagiolady came over to test drive it.

Rick - Thanks for fixing the picture. I can never remember how to do that. We joke about the rivalry, but we've never had a serious fight in our lives, except when we were kids. Even then we had to keep it quiet because our mom didn't let us fight things out! Also - your piano is gorgeous - huge too!

Apple - I hope someday to be good enough to play a duet with Adagiolady. I'm still a little intimidated. I get all nervous.

Michele - my cats don't come in the house, but one of my fox terriers would love to get on the bench with me when I play. It's always fun to see everyone's pic.

You will be 10 years older, ten years from now, no matter what you do - so go for it!

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hmmmm....only AB Babes, and one fowl, have posted their pictures. Any Dudes brave enough to do so?

markb--The Count of Casio
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by markb:
Hmmmm....only AB Babes, and one fowl, have posted their pictures. Any Dudes brave enough to do so?
I would, but I play on a portable Yamaha keyboard at present. I would be embarrassed to post a picture of me playing a small keyboard, with all these beautiful grand pictures floating around. I suppose I could go into a piano shop and pose for a picture in front of a 'real' piano, but I have too much integrity to do that. smile

Support our troops!
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
After CG's post, I don't see how anyone could cry "fowl" if you did do that, Jerry.

(just little calendaric reminder, btw. Tomorrow is NAD .... )

Actually, we have no representives from the Spinet Club either. You could help fill out two categories!

(I would post a picture, but I would need a few weeks shoveling out the living room before my wife would let me take a picture of it.)

Doug

"The secret to staying calm in a crisis is not having all the facts."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Jerry Luke:
I suppose I could go into a piano shop and pose for a picture in front of a 'real' piano... smile
Why didn't I think of that???

laugh

Patty

A tired dog is a good dog.

Perzina GP-187
Kawai CP209

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by dgoddard2:

(I would post a picture, but I would need a few weeks shoveling out the living room before my wife would let me take a picture of it.)

Doug
You notice that my piano is covered with music and other junk, but we took the picture anyway because of the cat! She loved the piano. She was 19 when she passed away, now wee have a younger cat who doesn't care about the piano at all.

Shiro: the shutters on the windows are gone; we have fabric shades now. The shutters let in too much sunlight over the top in the winter, and the piano technician told me I had to cover the windows...or else! (she was trying to tune, and the tuning kept changing because of the sun)

Michele

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Doug wrote: "Actually, we have no representives from the Spinet Club either. You could help fill out two categories!"

No can do. You see, the very foundations of the music would be torn asunder if the music world were to see a pianist of my caliber playing a spinet. People would realize that they've wasted tens of thousands of dollars on pianos that are big enough to house small cars, hundreds of thousands of dollars to build homes or rooms large enough to accommodate those instruments.

No, I think I prefer the status quo. The alternative--people throwing their grand pianos from windows, junkyards piling up with the huge black carcasses, mobs of people rushing homes that have spinets--is unthinkable.

tk Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I thought Doug's avatar was of him! laugh And, Jerry is always posting his picture! In fact, he just posted a new one--a day early, to boot--looking mighty "dapper" again. I am beginning to get visions of Jerry being the next James Bond! smile

Hey, Michael! You said you "have a thing" for Virginia and Virginians. Have you "met" Virginia (from Virginia)? She's great!

I've enjoyed seeing all the pics. ChickGrand--you're too funny! Teachum--that's such a great pic!

I'll try to post one myself soon. In the meantime, here is at least a pic of my piano:
[Linked Image] (Edit: originally posted the URL as opposed to the picture--Duh!)

You can't really see the "space" around it. That's because there really is no space around it! About four feet from the back of the bench begins our teeny, tiny galley kitchen. Not too far to the left is the dining table.

Plays--methinks you have good taste in art (and music!) smile

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
TK, very handsome piano - unusual finish these days. What is it?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
tk, here's a stupid question (Would you expect otherwise from me?): What are those metal brackets for? I'm guessing they're not cup holders.

tk Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
kathyk--it's one of the Peter Maly designed Sauters. The wood is cherry, and it has just a plain wax finish.

markb--Oh, I dunno... teeny, tiny cups would fit! Shot glasses, perhaps? wink Really, though, they are actually candleholders! The piano even came with candles! I had a perfect excuse to use them a couple of weeks ago. We lost power, but just as I was getting the candles out, it went back on! Maybe next time.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Candleholders! Wicked cool! TK, get yourself some more candles in there, stat!

Man, I really should put something -- anything -- on my piano. It's just this huge expanse of polished mahogany, just waiting to be scratched. Again.

There was one thing on it for a while. Mr. Sphinx gave me a framed Gary Larson print. It is a concert pianist addressing the audience: "Don't make me come over there."

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
What is with Jerry and these Dead Sexy pics? Here he is on some secret mission flying a stealth fighter, now doubt.

I can't wait for April!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by tk:
kathyk--it's one of the Peter Maly designed Sauters. The wood is cherry, and it has just a plain wax finish.

markb--Oh, I dunno... teeny, tiny cups would fit! Shot glasses, perhaps? wink Really, though, they are actually candleholders! The piano even came with candles! I had a perfect excuse to use them a couple of weeks ago. We lost power, but just as I was getting the candles out, it went back on! Maybe next time.
tk--Gorgeous piano! But a word of caution: don't let candles get anywhere near your piano! We had a candle tip over and it *burned* our piano. eek It was repaired, but you can still see the scar. Mr. AdagioM didn't think it made sense to replace the whole lid over a cosmetic issue, and it makes a good story, anyway. wink

I think I'd put shot glasses in there...

Michele

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
double post, sorry!

E
E
That is an extremely cool looking piano. And bench, I might add. Do you love it? I thought maybe the brackets involved being shackled to the piano until you had put in enough practice time every day.

WWEP?
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission