2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (fullerphoto, admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 4 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1068912 07/01/07 09:57 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Does anyone know where you can find FREE sheet music for this song??

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
No, this music is copyrighted and any "free" version would be illegal.

Greg

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

lewisslp, this is one music book that is really worth the $. If you like Einaudi's music (and you can hear quite a few recordings on the mega Einaudi thread that's linked in the "important topics" thread, you'll find yourself wanting to play all of them. The "best of" book is only about $30 at amazon, I think. I have already gotten many more times that worth of pleasure out of the few pieces I've learned so far.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
The book will last a lifetime. I hope to play many of them some day. Its full of great pieces.

I've heard some recordings of this dude and was left wondering. Why is there such desire to learn this music, among people here?

Considering the tens of thousands of composers we can draw from, why is this man, who writes in one genra and whos music is so internally hegemonous, lauded?

I can only surmise this is true because his music is so uniform. Also, one with an unusual sense of rhythm could get a free pass to competency.

Before I started hangin' 'round here I never heard of this guy. I think I'm reasonably cultured, too.

In order to make this post on-topic, I will suggest you search your library system for a copy. You can use their copy machines. If not, I searched for his music on soulseek and found a collection. Also, you can get a torrent of his complete scores.

I only say this because I seriously dislike this music and don't want him to profit.

Bryan,
who is cynical, by nature, and wishes others would get down wih pessimism, too.

=====================
nil volentibus arduum
=====================
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M

Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Not very nice Bryan. I don't understand people who feel it necessary to put down music other people enjoy and have worked very hard to play.

You sound like a real pro, perhaps you should stick to the pianist corner where many others share your profound grasp of musical knowledge and incomparable technical virtuosity...and leave the ABF to us struggling incompetent adult beginners who obviously can't tell good music from bad.

Thank you for gracing us with your brilliant insight and understanding of music. I abase myself before your god-like musical knowledge and experience.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Before I started hangin' 'round here I never heard of this guy. I think I'm reasonably cultured, too.
Reasonably cultured? Possibly. But, reasonably well-mannered? :rolleyes:

I was introduced to Einaudi's music by "hangin' 'round here" and I am thankful for that. I found myself immediately quite fond of his work.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Monica's going to kick his ***... smile

Originally posted by Mark737:
I'm certain, from what I know, she wouldn't waste her time with feeding my ego.

=====================
nil volentibus arduum
=====================
Originally posted by sid:
Not very nice Bryan. I don't understand people who feel it necessary to put down music other people enjoy and have worked very hard to play.

You sound like a real pro, perhaps you should stick to the pianist corner where many others share your profound grasp of musical knowledge and incomparable technical virtuosity...and leave the ABF to us struggling incompetent adult beginners who obviously can't tell good music from bad.

Thank you for gracing us with your brilliant insight and understanding of music. I abase myself before your god-like musical knowledge and experience.
Of course, I was only trying to get back to where I feel most comfortable: on the outside, with a low rating. Sociopaths like it this way.

I deserve a response for my jab at the "rhythmless." It was out of place, yes.

I can't decide what my motivation was. Maybe I needed to prop myself above others. Maybe I believe that, from my own, limited, experience, to put so much effort into one style would limit me. My sour mood aside, I think it's the latter.

I could relate my own experience with attempting, too early, to learn pieces beyond me. I could state that being instructed by a teacher has enabled me to move past my silly self-imposed limits and dreams and shown that with necessary work, I can play all those things I thought were my upper-limit pieces. I could state that I tried working on new-age songs and spent just as long learning them as some here have when it all was a waste. I think that nobody wants to know what I think.

Too bad.

I have heard stories here about disabled people who have finally followed their dreams. I have heard stories about busy moms and the elderly who can say they are pianists. This is all cool.

However, this constant praising of these new-age composers, I think, establishes a pattern. This took me astray for a few months. It seems to have locked onto others here more deeply.

I suppose I am different. I am not satisfied with spending four months learning a piece when I can spend that time practicing technique and reading notation so that in a year or so, I have the ability to learn in one sitting, what would have taken me months.

I just don't understand when I hear people say "I don't have the time to practice scales when I can just learn this beautiful music, which ONLY took me three months to memorize." Maybe others can learn through osmosis but I couldn't.

There are so many sour-grapes here I can barely keep quiet.

Of course, there's also the adage: "A little learning's a dangerous thing." I might know too little.

=====================
nil volentibus arduum
=====================
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Bryan,

You raise some interesting points about the nature of Einaudi's music and also new-age in general. However, these thoughts might be best expressed in a new thread (this thread seems to be rapidly heading off-course).

One point which caught my attention was:
"Considering the tens of thousands of composers we can draw from, why is this man, who writes in one genra and whos music is so internally hegemonous, lauded?"

Anyone who has played several Einaudi pieces will understand what you are saying. The left hand is nearly always doing the same sort of thing, and there is not a great deal of progression in the music (save for the longer pieces).

However, maybe that is why I like him - his pieces are soft, easy to listen to, sometimes easy to learn. Not everything in music has to be complex and difficult. And probably why he is so popular: they are very melodic. Alot of new-age that I've listened to seems to have a pop-song sort of sound to it, but I don't think Einaudi has that. He also appeals to those who wouldn't normally listen to piano-based music.

Finally, your point:
"I only say this because I seriously dislike this music and don't want him to profit". Surely the only sour grapes is comments like that?? It would be debatable how much he would profit from music book sales anyway, but its a bit of a low punch?

Originally posted by Mark737:
Naw.... people have the right to like (or dislike) whatever styles of music and composers that they want. Heaven knows there is plenty of music I don't like, either.

The only statement of Bryan's I would want to rebut is his implication that the praise of new age here on AB forum, and Einaudi in particular, is leading people astray. I personally am extremely grateful that I was exposed to Einaudi's work here. I also know that others have been introduced to Einaudi and found playing his music highly rewarding. That's wonderful. Bryan, obviously, has not found Einaudi similarly rewarding. That's okay, too.

So I guess I am puzzled by the "astray" remark. People who don't like Einaudi should simply not read the Einaudi threads or glaze their eyes over any post that recommends Einaudi.

Through this forum I have been introduced to a wide range of musical styles and pieces. Some I have come to love with a boundless passion (pieces by Einaudi and David Nevue). Others I have not. But I do see the opportunity to become exposed to different composers and music styles as one of the very best aspects of the forum, and I would hate to see anybody feel reluctant to offer recommendations simply because not everybody likes a certain composer or genre.

J
J
I once heard an "old warhorse" liken jazz to "musical masturbation". I feel somewhat the same, about jazz AND new age. But, hey...we've all done it, and I DO like some of both. Some people don't like Poulenc...

So, play what you love, listen to what you want, and let others do the same in peace.

John Delmore
PTG Associate Member
"You don't have a Soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body."...C.S. Lewis
Bienvenue!: http://louisianaskyline.net/forums/index.php?
Originally posted by Bryan Carney:
I think that nobody wants to know what I think.
Therefore you are...

------
If you knew what you were doing, you'd probably be bored.
- Fresco's Law
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Different strokes for different folks...It's a good thing we don't all like the same things...what a boring world that would be!!

I like Einaudi.....I also like country music....yeeehaaw!

smokin

When I reach the place I'm going, I will surely know my way.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission