2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ouch, that was a painful spelling mistake. At least it was funny!

Gotta love words that do that when you omit one measly letter. Of course, the word then doesn't get that silly little misspelled underline squiggly thing so I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. smile

I do get spoiled by all this real time spell checking as I type.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A note to my fans:

"Lisztener, John Frank and all my known and secret fans, (when your names are singled out, you know you assume more "guilt",)

You are all indeed making a basket case out of me!

I needed an extra session with my shrink this morning after reading all the posts. My shrink said I absolutely and urgently need to spend 2 weeks at a spa, and take total time off from the piano to recover from the deep trauma that I am experiencing. Anyone knows of a good spa, where there are NO computers, so I can get from away from my "fans"??

Distraughtedly yours,
Rosanna"

(Triple, quadruple hahahaha!)

Really you guys are just too funny!

Opus45,
I am not sure if I am a perfectionist - may be more an obsessive compulsive?! eek laugh

And no, I put my foot down. I am not promising anything for the recital! So there! laugh

[Linked Image]
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Rosanna,

You are a good sport. Let us know what spa you are going to, to relax and get away from all the external pressure, and we'll visit the same spa at the same time to help you relax and forget all about entering the recital that you know you should enter because hundreds of thousands of people are clamoring your name,

"Rosanna...Rosanna...Rosaana we want you to play for us in the recital!" yippie ha

Enjoy your day, sweet Rosanna,

Lisztener laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Breaking news from PianoPress. 18 minutes ago.

"Rosanna, a year-long member of ABF, and a two-time recital participant, was reported missing by her family. A note was found on her piano.

'My ABF friends,
Why is the world so crueal and demanding? I didn't do anything wrong. I don't deserve this.

I left this afternoon, in cognito, to an undisclosed location. Please don't look for me until the 11th World Famous Recital is over.

I will return when I am ready to touch the keys of my Kawai again.'

The Recital mentioned in the note is a quarterly event at the World Famous PianoWorld Adult Beginners' Forum. It is known to generate great excitement among the members. But on many occasions, members were also known to complain about the stress of recording their recital piece. Such stress is fondly known as the Red Dot syndrome. However, this is the first known disappearance case that can be attributed to this event.

An all-point-bulletin has been sent out on all piano-related forums, including at PianoMagic where her last known post was made. Her family said that she'd left her mood-stabilizing medication behind. It was newly prescribed by her psychiatrist after a very traumatic double-session this morning. Anyone with information on this person should immediately contact the authorities."

laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Well, I decided to go with Vasily Kalinnikov's Moderato in e flat minor.

It's a very deeply introspective, heart-felt piece; much different from my usual extroverted and joyful pieces.

I also wanted to do my bit to honor Kalinnikov by playing his beautiful Moderato and sharing it with others.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only what you are expecting to give, which is everything. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Rosanna,

I hope you have returned to the funny farm! whome eek

Sincerely,

Lisztener laugh

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Rosanna
And no, I put my foot down. I am not promising anything for the recital! So there! laugh
So, you haven't ruled it out. That's good. wink

Jeff
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Opus45, you are a sharp cookie.

[Linked Image]
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Rosanna,

Thanks for the fun. laugh

Welcome back. The pull of your piano is too magnetic to repel...and that's great. smile

Originally posted by Rosanna:

I will return when I am ready to touch the keys of my Kawai again.'

Enjoy a relaxing weekend, thumb

Lisztener

Great to read how well the recital is coming along. smile

Unfortunately , I won't be participating this time. frown

I had a freak accident 2 weeks ago. It happened on a very wet day and i slipped on the concrete, did a few crazy circles and then took a hard direct landing right on my kneecap. My kneecap was split in 2. I was horrified by the looks of it. Lucky for me the Comcast Cable Guy was nearby, he called 911 and stayed by me , held my hand and gave me pillows until the ambulance came. eek

They performed emergency surgery on me, discovered the bottom half of my kneecap was crushed into pieces so they completely removed the bottom half of my kneecap. The top of my kneecap is being held together by wires . I spent a week in the hospital, had some minor complications mostly due to all the drugs they were giving me there! shocked

Now I am on my second thick black foamed and metal leg brace , it covers my ENTIRE right leg The Dr says it will be a 3 month recovery which involves physical therapy. I wont be able to bend my knee for 3 months. SO much for using the pedal on the piano. :b:

Anyway I had 2 songs that I was working on for this recital. One was a Nevue song and the other one was a Scarlatti Sonata. I was going to pick between the 2 as to which one made a better recording. Of course neither one is ready for the recital, they both need at least 2 more weeks of work. And now I can't use the pedal. Oh well..................there is always the next recital. wink

Good luck to all of you and I will be listening to ALL your pieces. heart

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Babs - that sounds soooo painful! I was cringing just reading the words on the screen, can't imagine what it must have actually felt like.

Just take it easy, and hope the recovery and physio go well.

Thanks Euan for your kind words. heart

Yeah...........it was painful, the nights are the worst, so far I am only managing a few hours sleep cause I am a rolling side sleeper and the long thick double foamed metal brace fitting my entire right leg weighs a ton , which means I have to sleep on my back and I hate that! :rolleyes:

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I hope you get well soon Babs.

I've been lucky enough not to require any hospital stays but I do dread that a bit as I'm a tummy sleeper. They'd have all these IV's in my arm and then I'd try to roll over in my sleep resulting in a tangled mess of tubes. smile

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
OMG, Babs - that sounds awful. But, but, but - can you pedal with your other foot? Sort of like using your left foot on the accelerator (oh, whoops - I didn't confess to ever doing that, did I?) Or, uh, working on that finger legato? Well, maybe not. But get well - we hope to see you back on the volleyball court soon laugh

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
ouch!
get better soon - wish you a speedy recovery. (Maybe you try some Bach without pedal at all? But I imagine even sitting is awkward when you cannot bend your knee)

"The creative process is nothing but a series of crises."
(Isaac B. Singer)

[Linked Image]
Anthony, I was rolling around on my side and tangling the IV tubes and then the darn beeper would go off, and the nurses would come running and then I got chewed out by the nurses for it! laugh

Jotur, As a matter of fact the physical therapist was over here the other day , he plays piano too. He said my only option was to use the wheelchair with the right leg rest ,lower the leg rest until it rolls right under the piano and use my left foot to pedal. I am not allowed to bend my knee for 3 months. I tried playing the piano that way for just a minute , and it was very awkward using the left foot for pedaling. But the real awkward part was my fingers, they felt like they had been in the twilight zone. Oh well...I'll try again next week, when I am a little calmer and can focus better. I am still in shock from my KLUTZY FREAKY FALL! :rolleyes:

Eupho I am not into Bach right now. But I was working on the Scarlatti, Sonata in C. It is from the Baroque period. My teacher said that song requires no pedal or very little at all. And I do LOVE that song. bah

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Oh Babs, how AWFUL!! frown I hope you have family and/or friends you can count on to do a lot of your errand running etc.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Babs - just on the the topic of Scarlatti (his name doesn't appear much in the ABF!) - have you heard his sonata in D (k535)?

That's a piece which I really love, and it contains possibly the best chord progression in music in the middle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJ3ypF6I_E
(section between 1:20 and 1:30)

Monica, I have 2 teenage boys here helping out. Although their idea of a clean house isn't quite my idea, laugh which is why I have a maid here once a week.We're eating pizza , yogurt, take out Chinese food, shortbread cookies and bananas more often now. Paper plates and Paper cups are popular around here now ever since the boys started fighting over whose turn it is to do the dishes. laugh
In 2 weeks my sister is coming for a week. And also I have 2 more weeks of hourly visits from the nurse and the physical therapist. Of course after I get the brace off in 6 weeks I have to go to an outpatient physical therapy clinic to learn to bend my knee again

Most of all I have my cat who is my real nurse, he sits on the bed and comforts me,and licks my right leg whenever I am in pain. I can tell he misses the piano playing though because he is always sitting on the piano bench looking at me with sad eyes. wink

Euan, I do like some Classical as well as New Age. smile
I checked out that utube clip you posted,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJ3ypF6I_E
Wow, Beautiful, I love Scarlatti, heart I wish I had more of his music, the utube clip above it is too complicated for my level , but I can dream ! heart

This is the piece I was working on before I took that humiliating klutzy fall on the wet concrete, it is more on my level. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkd1Dz1pzJE
My teacher says it is played with no pedal or very little pedal so this maybe this is the the one piece for me to get back to work on when I can focus better and figure out to position myself with keeping my right leg straight. I love the song because it has a upbeat melody, it is fun to play and all those hand crossovers are a blast! heart

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Babs_

I am so sorry to hear of your terrible injury. Please accept my sincere hopes that you mend quickly from this tragic circumstance. Please keep us all informed of your continuing rehab progress.

My sincere best wishes are with you,

Lisztener

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission