2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, 12 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hi there! It's cryptkeeper who comes out of his shell to get his post count up by one.

Since Shirokuro (where is she by the way??) stopped posting great recordings of her I guess we can continue the idea and let everyone (who's able to record) post a recording each month.
I would love to hear other beginners play.

Here's my september recording. It's called 'Her most beautifull smile'. It also comes with the usual mistake.
http://users.pandora.be/lanparty/beautifullsmile.mp3

Now let me get back to lurking...

Sorry about the mistakes...

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Thanks for sharing, Cryptkeeper! I love that song. And I didn't hear any mistake, usual or no!

How long have you been playing?

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post any recordings of mine, but it's a moot point as I don't have any recording equipment and wouldn't know how to go about doing it. Heck, I haven't even figured out how to post pictures of my new piano yet.

But I like to hear other people's recordings. smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Cryptkeeper

Nope, I couldn't hear a mistake either...I loved hearing you play it was very pretty, nice phrasing and a lovely litle run at the start to set the mood....you sounded (to me) very confident in your playing smile

There is a forum already to post your tunes but, I am not sure if many respond there? I've had no response to my tune just email so far! confused

How long have you been playing? and what equipment did you use to record it?

regards

Lee

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Where can I get a copy of that piece of music. It's beautiful and you played it with great feeling and confidence. Very nice.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Ditto that...I typed the name of the song into Rhapsody, and they didn't show anything. I'd love to know who wrote it.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Oh, Cryptkeeper! I'm still here, just buried under this insane practice menu that I set for myself, so I've been lurking and not posting much. I am hoping to get a new recording done by mid-October, after I get my piano tuned and my fingers settle into the current "to-be-recorded" piece. Thank you for mentioning me, maybe this will help me pick up the pace a bit!

I am listening to your piece for the second time as I type, your playing is truly lovely! So, does this mean you'll be sharing another piece with us in October? That will be something to look forward to!!

BTW, Seaside Lee, there is a forum expressly for member recordings, but I think mainly people from the Pianists Corner tend to link there. That doesn't mean someone from the AB forum can't post there, but I personally am too scared and happy to just stay in this forum! :p

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi ShiroKuro

BTW, Seaside Lee, there is a forum expressly for member recordings, but I think mainly people from the Pianists Corner tend to link there. That doesn't mean someone from the AB forum can't post there, but I personally am too scared and happy to just stay in this forum!
Ahh...thats probably why no-ones commented on my tune...I didn't realize it was mainly for the piano geniuses at pianist corner (they probably didn't want to throw too many rotten vegetables at me ha )

Thanks

Lee

Yes Cryptkeeper,you are great !

How I wish that I am able to play that on my piano ... Are you into your 3rd year of piano studies and is that piece a pop song ?

An apple a day keep the doctor away,
A smile a day chase your sadness away,
A chat a day drive all loneliness away,
And a prayer a day never keep our Jesus away
And let's praise our Lord, our King, our God all the way ....
Really lovely, Cryptkeeper. You have excellent control and such delicacy! I hope to play like that one day... or at the very least, work up the bravery to post what I actually can play.

thumb

That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest. - H. D. Thoreau
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks all!

I've been learning by myself for about 2 years (switching from keyboards to a digital piano).
Just over a year ago I started taking lessons. I almost had to start from scratch again as I learned some bad habbits.

The song is from an anime series (Rurouni Kenshin). I don't know that anime, I just heard the song and wanted to learn it.

Lee, I recorded the song using a cable going from my headphone jacket from my piano to my mic input in my pc.

And I see Shirokuro is still among us...
Yeah, practise can take up alot of time. I am looking forward to your october recording though!
Too bad the nerves are kicking in when the record button is flashing, but I guess every beginner has this problem.

Here's the sheet by the way. It's legal cause it's a transcription.
http://users.pandora.be/lanparty/Smile.pdf

Thanks so much, Cryptkeeper! I printed out the music and can't wait to try it. It doesn't look as hard as it sounds, so maybe I'll even be able to play it. wink

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Cryptkeeper:
Hi there! It's cryptkeeper who comes out of his shell to get his post count up by one.

Since Shirokuro (where is she by the way??) stopped posting great recordings of her I guess we can continue the idea and let everyone (who's able to record) post a recording each month.
I would love to hear other beginners play.

Here's my september recording. It's called 'Her most beautifull smile'. It also comes with the usual mistake.
http://users.pandora.be/lanparty/beautifullsmile.mp3

Now let me get back to lurking...
I'm listening to it again..and again! Beautiful... makes my Bach sound rather uninspiring...... That is just what I need I think...something that I can actually 'feel' Thanks for posting and inspiring me to find something I actually like to hear!!

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
Cryptkeeper,

Excellent playing and thank you so much for posting the sheet music! I am going to have a chance to play a 6'4" grand this weekend (a treat for me) and this is a perfect piece to play on it. It sounds a lot like some "Martha Mier" arrangements I've played but definately a higher caliber composition.

I like what Sandy said about posting some recordings. I need to get some recording equipment though, right now all I have is a 10 year old digital for recordings and I don't really like the sound too much.

~pianocliff

ps> you sounded very much in control of this piece, your phrasing was very beautiful. Kudos to you man!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Cryptkeeper

Lee, I recorded the song using a cable going from my headphone jacket from my piano to my mic input in my pc.
Thanks for that...I thought it was a nice clean sound. I do much the same thing but go from my headphone jacket into the audio ins on my Sony home CD recorder. laugh

Lee

Cryptkeeper...I worked on "Her most beautiful smile" for about an hour this evening. It's not going as quickly as I had hoped :rolleyes: (nothing ever does!), but I'm making progress.

Can I ask you what fingering you use for that first run of 16th notes on bar 5, I believe it is? I've tried several different variations and none of them are going very smoothly.

thanks!

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks sandy!

Monica, for the run I use this fingering.
LH 5-2-1-2 RH 1-2-3-5-1-2-3-5
hope it helps...

I'm sure it will...I don't think I tried that combination. Thanks for the speedy response. Can't wait to get home and work on it some more. My husband is out of town and I was hoping to get the piece in playable shape to surprise him on his return.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Cryptkeeper:
Thanks sandy!

Monica, for the run I use this fingering.
LH 5-2-1-2 RH 1-2-3-5-1-2-3-5
hope it helps...
I printed the music and tinkered with it at lunchtime today. Love it! I'm definitely going to add this to my practice list - I think the left hand will provide a challenge......I may get my teacher to help with the correct fingering.

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
tk Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Cryptkeeper, that was absolutely lovely! I really enjoyed your recording! :thumbs up: I can't wait to download it and play it myself!

As others have said--really nice control, phrasing, and musicality. Just lovely. Keep up the good work!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission