2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, 4 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
J
My heart goes out to all those who have serious medical problems. We, who have minor aches and pains, tend to forget how lucky we are and should instead be grateful.

Alvaro, I just wanted to tell you that many years back I learned to speak Spanish but my writing leaves a lot to be desired. Do you know anybody that might be interested in corresponding with me in Spanish? My wife and I toured Spain with Globus Tours in 1999 and very much enjoyed it. Where about in Spain do you live?

Be happy while there is still time.
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by LarryP:
Solved the what to get....bought her a car! 3hearts
Brand, model and PICS please!!! laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Funburger: End of May probably laugh

joemoshi: I live in Alicante (Valencia). I wish I could help you, I'll let you know if I find someone interested.

And in my twisted face... there's not the slightest trace of anything that even hints at kindness...
Well....its not a new car...its a 2005 Q45 Infiniti.
She loves it. It's loaded, pwr everything.

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
I celebrating right now. As many of you know, I play tennis.

It's very rare that you see me not playing tennis, practicing piano, posting on PW, or doing homework because I don't do much else laugh . This takes up a lot of my time.

I've played tennis for 7 years now. Last summer I was ranked nationally. I play about 20 hours of tennis per week (It's amazing I get as much time to practice as I do...) Last year I (7th Grade) I made the Varsity team at my school and also this year. I'm very proud to be the first ever singles player on my schools team with an undefeated record (9-0). It's also very funny when Juniors and seniors who are about a foot taller than me find out that I am the smallish person they're playing. laugh

I've also been asked to be the Musical Director of My Fair Lady at my school next year. I was asked to do this but I don't even know what I'm really doing next year for this. The Director of the play gave me a binder (260 pages) of music yesterday. I asked what I was supposed to do with it. She said,"Oh, just become familiar with the music"

So now I'm going to go "get familiar with some music" laugh

Matt

T
T
And just 13? Not bad.

Hey DB20, I'm friends with some big former college tennis players. Athens is host this year to the Men's and Women's NCAA Tennis Championships. And don't look who's ranked number one on the men's side, or you might start humming that old version of Ray Charles' Georgia on my Mind! (as fresh and clear as moonlight through the pines).

I can't even be here right now, because I'm still at work preparing for my business/baseball tour. I just added another baseball team to my list. Sunny San Diego, home of the Padres. So that's 4 teams and 5 MLB games over a week. Help. It's starts tomorrow. ATL vs LA.

I just want to play piano.

Matt, your parents must be so proud of you. A jock AND a pianist. And now Music director. Fantastic!!

On the anniversary front. My two daughters threw us a surprise party. Invited all our friends and family, and people who were in our wedding, who I haven;t seen in years. We had a great time.....KIDS!!! We both had tears in our eyes.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

A surprise party! That is so sweet, LarryP. What pretext did they use to get you to the party location?

Speaking of parties, today was my son's 8th birthday. We did a party for his class at a local gymnastics place this afternoon, and then went out to a Japanese grill for dinner and then yet another party with cake at home for family and godparents. He received a bucketload of presents, including lots of stuff he had been asking for and a fancy microscope with a digital camera attached to it so you can take photos of the stuff you're looking at. Pretty cool, except his favorite present was--would you believe--a $2.00 kicking tee for his football. :rolleyes:

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Get familiar with 260 pages of music???????????? I hope they don't have lots of notes laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Alvaro - I enjoyed your post and the insight into your life. I am very impressed (ok very envious!) of your endeavour to learn piano and music and the extent to which you are pursuing this. Please keep us posted on your progress and development as a pianist and when you get to the concert stage, write us a book on how anyone can make a wonderful pianist with some hard work even when not beginning before you can add 1 and 1 together.

BTW - how slowly are the days passing waiting for your Steinway and how come delivery takes so long?

Monica, my eldest wanted to take us to dinner. We,theoretically, got to the restuarant early. So in honor of Cinquo de Mayo, they wanted to get Margaritas at a different place. We went in there and my son-in-law, said they had set up a special Cinquo de Mayo room, with tequila and Corona...so we went there, and when we got there, everyone was.in there..very surprised. They made a DVD of old pictures of us, from when we were babies to today..very emotional....when I look at them I miss my jet black hair...still have hair...but now its white...won't go into a pony tail anymore...but that was a different era, the same with those wide bell bottoms, and floral shirts with the 15" colors...

I am taking her and three of her friends to The Point Fest a week from tomorrow
Zoso, so we live in the same area! I guess I'm am old fuddy-duddy. My 16 yr old grandson lives with us and wanted to go to Pointfest and I said "no". He wanted to go with friends and I was afraid that there would be older teens and who knows what going on at an all day rock concert. Should I re-think?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
stephenc: Thank you for your comment! If I have a main goal, this is to demonstrate how someone, starting as an adult, can make this Piano Dream happen with no disadvantages or handicaps.

Days are definitely NOT passing!!! The waiting seems so loooooong... In 2-3 weeks I should have my Steinway.

I'll be biting my nails... laugh

And in my twisted face... there's not the slightest trace of anything that even hints at kindness...
Agilita; Most of the younger kids I work with tell me the parents usually drop them off at the gate. That also would be my daughters first choice. I guess it depends on the kids. A sixteen yr old boy, with friends I trusted might be OK. Four fourteen year old girls at an all day concert without adult supervision- she wouldnt even ask. So, Im going. Ill get a sense of the place, and Ill let them go where they want as far as the different stages and we'll meet every hour at a designated spot. Each of them have phones so well text also. Im more concerned about what Im going to do there for 12 hours wandering around by myself. I might mosh out of sheer boredom.

Funburger. Im bringing a camera, so if they let it in Ill get some pictures up.

Have a nice day
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
zoso, haha!!cant wait to see some pics.!!! if they dont allow cameras, get one of those pen ones. i would love to see you in the pit:)

ps. i seriously doubt you will be wondering around by yourself for long.

If it ain't fun I ain't doin' it:)
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
An update on my move -

Unfortunately, everything dragged out for another week and the buyers still could not get financing. So I had to put the house back on the market, relinquish the place in Dallas I had lined up, and start waiting for a new buyer to come along...

At least I get to keep the buyer's earnest money, as they weren't covered by any contingencies.

So my "real" piano will remain in storage longer...

Colin Dunn

Ouch, Colin!! I'm glad you got the earnest money, but I realize that it doesn't make up for the inconvenience.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Colin Dunn:

So my "real" piano will remain in storage longer...
Hey Colin, I know the feeling! I'm back to my dusty digital but it sure beats nothing at all.

The fact that my new acoustic is in storage really kinda sucks but it will have a nice new home sometime in the future if I can just get this log home finished!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
woops I forgot about this thread and started an OT on benny. sorry guys

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
I am going to brag about my granddaughter, so, if you do not want to read it, you can tune out, now, and save a minute or two.

My granddaughter received an early acceptance letter (December 14, 2006) from Notre Dame University to begin her first year of her higher education. She also received acceptance letters from Cornell, Miami of Ohio, and a full scholarship offer to Dennison University. Recently, however, she received another letter from Notre Dame offering a rare freshman scholarship that will help defray her father's tuition expenses. Even though protestant, Notre Dame was her heart's desire so the decision was easy for her to make.

I could go on and on about her accomplishments, but I will just highlight a few: She skipped a grade in Elementary school so she will be seventeen when starting college. She is fifth in her high school graduating class, a National Merit finalist and has studied piano for eleven years at a nearby conservatory. She is continuing her piano studies by taking piano as an elective at Notre Dame. She is my inspiration to return to the piano last August.

My wife and I are proud as punch and we are going to Notre Dame, tomorrow to visit for a couple days.

Finally, she is a beautiful young woman...she resembles her paternal grandfather.

End of bragging, thank you for reading.

Lisztener,

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission