2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1056223 02/15/09 02:54 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Hey guys, I'm sixteen and have been playing since the start of 2009. I thought myself with Alfred's Piano book and luckily they offer piano classes at my school as a performing art elective.

I was wondering how much experience does it take generally to play a song like this? And how long would it take someone with a few years experience to learn?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/caninehybrid/PokemonGSCBikeTheme-SheetMusic.jpg

I started on it last week and got most of it down today (link at the end). I definitely need to work on my rhythm and beats though. I crossed the written notes off, I can't see why some people do that and how they can play with them...

Also, since I don't have a private teacher or anything, how is my form? My keyboard is put upon a tall dresser and my chair is tiny, so I have to play with my arms facing up, which is probably not the best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqcco8tF_YI&fmt=18

My keyboard is put upon a tall dresser and my chair is tiny, so I have to play with my arms facing up, which is probably not the best...
You're right, it's not best. You want your lower arm, wrist and back of the hand to be in one horizontal line approximately. In the video I can see your wrists are way too low.

Also, at 0:22, when you hold the F sharp with the fourth finger your hand seems to be in a quite uncomfortable shape, probably caused by awkward fingering. Try to avoid to jump to that F sharp, for example by striking the B at the beginning of measure 10 with the thumb.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission