2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
89 members (Animisha, Beemer, Anglagard44, anotherscott, aphexdisklavier, AOMMY, An Old Square, 22 invisible), 933 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Polostrings, you have a nice view of the sea.

Serge

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Monster M & H, cute dog. My friend has one of this breed, smart, smart, smart. I swear that dog would open doors if she had opposable thumbs.

Ratman, your shots are amazing as always. The one of the tree thru the glass is outstanding. You really should think about professional photography.

Serge88, Holy Cats! He does exist! I do believe!

KaylaX, How's Chief? How about some antlers for him? He seems pretty bomb proof. The ponies are all fuzzy with their winter coats. The look prehistoric.

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
Kawai,Hi and Polostrings

My daughter keeps asking when we will put out our decorations for Christmas. I think she is finally getting the idea of this x-mas stuff. Last year she was excited but not quite as excited as this year. Its quite cute!!!! How is Gavin ????
Anyway, Chief is doing great. He has his fuzzy winter coat. I haventridden him for about a month though. Shame on me. Its been so cold and foggy here. And, yes, I should find some antlers for him. Ill have to look around. That would be cute!!!!!

Happy Holidays, KaylaX

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
KaylaX, horses are still horses even the bomb proof ones. I have to remember that myself all the time. Even the quietest ones will spook with the right stimuli.

Lizstener, I missed your post earlier. Being from the midwest originally I do still miss the white Christmas. I love Hawaii and have grown use to Santa in an aloha shirt and Mrs. Claus in a muumuu. Still the snow falling softly outside the window on Christmas Eve is how I will always picture Christmas. Stay warm!

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Polostrings and Kawai, HI, When I first saw the photo of your merry looking pooch, I couldn't resist putting together an alternative image of him/her that same evening, but I've been meaning to ask for your permissions before I can post it (?). You can also get a PM preview first if you'd like. smile

And Ah, the deep blue sea...where my heart also belongs. What lovely home you folks have. I particularly like the train set circling the tree. Now, it's my turn to be jealous. wink

Monster M&H, Absolutely postcard perfect! I have a friend who have four of them. thumb

Serge88, I believe too!! Especially when I'm asking for new sheet music books. smile

RatMan, Ah-hah! Somebody is having too much fun with filters. Nice! thumb

Music speaks where words fails.
OP Offline
Keynotes,

Post away! I would love to see the image you put together, no need for PM preview.

Thanks for the comments on the home, we love it too!!

Aloha!
[Linked Image]
Since last September, some people have been unable to access my webserver. As a result, I'd put files on a different system. I believe that problem is now corrected. It was a file on my server that was incorrectly configured, so I take the responsibility and apologize to any who have been inconvenienced as a result.

As proof of the pudding, I'll try a photo that I shot the other day as a snow storm was coming though northern Utah and a flock of starlings had landed on a neighbors lawn. Just as I was making a shot to show a friend the amount of show we were getting (not much, although it appeared that we'd get more...which didn't happen) someone or something startled the starlings (which is the reason for the title I gave the photo: Startlings) and they took flight just as I pointed the camera in that direction. Here's the shot:

[Linked Image]

Let's hope this works, huh? Then maybe I can get on to other things.

RatMan
1961 Hammond M-101, Casio Digital kb, a coupla basses and some other stuff.
Canon 40D and a half-full camera bag.
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing (I ain't thru doin the camera thing.)
http://www.chevyasylum.com
http://www.raytherat.com
Hey Ratman,

Thats a pretty cool shot. Thanxs for posting.

KaylaX

Wow!!!!!! I finally get to see your pics. So Cool!!

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
Great, Kayla. Maybe now I can spend more time playing the organ and the bass.

I've been working on a very strange but interesting song (Jockey Full of Bourbon written by Tom Waits and performed by John Hammond) that could take up a lot of time. I thought I had a handle on it, but...well, let's just say that I'm still working on it. I can't find any sheet music for it...which is just as well, since my sight reading skills have improved slightly over this year, but that ain't sayin much...so anyway, I'm doing it by ear and I have the basis of the melody and part of the bass line. What I came up with for the bass isn't exactly the way Larry Taylor (my bass hero) plays it, but I like mine better. I must be getting egotistical in my old age. smile

Best regards,

RatMan
Key Notes, I would love to see your creation. No need PM. Thank you for your kind comments about our home. The dog in the hat is Godzilla, he got his name by chasing the train at Christmas time when he was just a puppy. It was so funny it looked like a bad sci fi flick.

Ratman, awesome photo, nice timing.

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Every year Polostrings takes me to see "The Nutcracker" ballet and buys me a nutcracker. Here is a sampling of some of them.

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Kawai, HI and Polostrings, That's so funny regarding the story about Godzilla chasing the train around the tree when he was a pupppy. You guys must've had serious tummy aches from laughing. laugh

And what a sweet and romantic idea with the annual nutcracker ballet and gift rituals to commemorate and remember your special day by. A definite brownie point for Polostrings. f

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ratman, Glad to know that you've got your webserver issues fixed, and definitely great timing with the Starlings shot. thumb Although, it looked really cooooold. smile

I've always felt that nature photography is one of the hardest thing for anyone to do, pros or otherwise, with regards to all of the different elements and weather conditions that they have to go through in order to capture these fantastic wildlife shots in their environments, especially the seasonals and migratory ones.

Although I've always dreamed of getting one of those huge zoom lens so that I can snatch a dragonfly in flight from miles away if I wanted to, but as you already know, they are quite expensive. So, I guess for now I'll have to stick to taking still subjects and landscapes in my own backyard, with my tiny little unprofessional, yet faithful camera. laugh

Happy Shooting!

Key Notes smile

KN: It was sorta chilly (around 32F) but not bitterly cold. And it was nice and cozy inside the window from where I made the shot. smile

Serially, by body doesn't do very well with cold temperatures so I don't go out in it if it's below about 25F.

The lens I used on that one was a Sigma 17-70 f2.8 that's become my "walkin around" lens. The focal length range is broad enough to do wide stuff as well as short telephoto shots. It was all the way out at 70 when I saw the starlings take flight. I thought it was interesting to take note of the white snowflakes between the black birds. Sorta surreal.

Speaking of tiny little cameras, I try to take my camera with me whenever I leave the house. But leaving it in my Burb, even though I lock it up sometimes worries me. So wonna these daze I'm gonna buy a Canon Powershot 1100 which is about the size of a deck of playing cards, yet seems to produce very good images. It's not nearly as versatile as the 40D, but it's a lot more convenient to stuff in a pocket and keep it away from sticky fingers, if ya catch my drift.

I'd also love a 100-400 f2.8 "L" series Canon lens, but at $2400 MSRP and $1400 or so street price, it's out of my price range at the moment. But eventually....

And a happy shooting season to you, too. smile

RatMan
Key Notes What a hoot! Great work on the photo. I was laughing so hard. You really captured his heart. He has always been a big dog in a little dog's body. He once threw himself at a 60lb dog that came across the street to attack me. My little 14lb dog won on attitude alone. I will add big wave surfer to his resume!

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Kawai and Polostrings
Godzilla for a dog's name; nutcrackers each X'mas - what a sweet and fun family!

[Linked Image]
Thanks Rosanna! Life is good, I couldn't ask for more. (I'll let you guys know when Polostrings and I start wearing matching clothes! thumb )

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Kawai, HI:
I'll let you guys know when Polostrings and I start wearing matching clothes! thumb
You are getting closer than you thought - after all, you post as him, and he as you - well, sometimes. wink

[Linked Image]
G
G
OK

These pictures have both a piano and a Christmas tree in them ... so does that count as a holiday photo (don't expect National Geographic quality photography .... I'm a point and click man)?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And just for "Polostrings", the character with skis over his shoulder on the mantlepiece is a Nutcracker!

[Linked Image]

Grotrian Steinweg Charis 208
Beautiful, GeePee. Very, very nice shots of a beautiful subject. Good use of depth-of-field and composition. I particularly like the first one with its dramatic lines. Right on!

RatMan
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Cambodia
by PhilipInChina - 01/21/22 12:03 AM
Hey y'all, here's my best solo recording
by An Old Square - 01/20/22 09:44 PM
PSR-E473
by waljbt74 - 01/20/22 09:26 PM
Info on pre 1990s Weinbach? (Petrof)
by monsieur souvlaki - 01/20/22 03:28 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!

Free Piano Lovers Newsletter is out now!
Piano News 2021 - 2022!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,271
Posts3,162,689
Members104,100
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission