Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
110 registered members (Animisha, 36251, barbaram, Bobby Badd, AYS, 5penguins, 25 invisible), 3,059 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052593
02/17/08 10:39 AM
02/17/08 10:39 AM
Toronto
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
Kawaigirl1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Toronto
Txs Mahlzeit and Monica for putting this whole recital together and Mahlzeit, the streaming player was fantastic because now I'm able to listen to the music continuously during my lunch hour at work.

A few of my friends stopped by last night while I had the streaming player going on my PC. They asked that's really nice music, what CD is that? I said, ummm, it's not CD but rather a bunch of amatuer adults getting together quarterly and playing for each other. Their jaws just dropped and was very impressed by the amount of talent shown that they stayed to listen to everyone's performance. So give yourselves a pat on the back for the remarkable performance smile

Here are my comments on the first 9 performances:

#2 EPF: What a lovely classical piece and very well played. Thank you for the introduction to Handel's watermusic.

#3 VAN: Thank you for the dedication. The title of the piece is very fitting and this is such a beautiful composition.

#4 Theowne Another beautiful composition very dreamy like. Sounds very much like what Debussy would have composed. Your playing was also impeccable.

#5 Dannylux/Mel: Beautiful and Flawless playing to a charming piece. I had enjoyed it very much.

#6 ERIN_J: That was excellent playing. I love the melody of the piece as well.

#7 Super-Hunky: I was sooo looking forward to hearing you play this piece. You played it beautifully and certainly have captured the mood of the piece. I did not hear any lack of confidence to your playing and your improvisation blended in very very nicely. Bravo!!

#8 Monica: Another beautiful performance. You had captured the expressions and feelings of the piece very well.

#9 Sideshow: Wow, I love the finger work. You sounded like you had lots of fun playing this piece.

#10 Serge 88: This is my favorite Beethoven piece. Your tempo was very fitting for the piece. I also loved the emotions and feelings you had put into the piece. Bravo!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052594
02/17/08 12:53 PM
02/17/08 12:53 PM
Maine
Peyton Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Maine
Theowne- wow, what to say? If you had told me that was an early Debussy piece I would have believed you. And so beautifully played. You swear you have only been playing two years? laugh I think you are on the road to being a fantastic pianist.

Kwaigirl- Nice piece and well played. I especially love the beginning. Sounds like a tough technical piece.

Dannylux/Mel- Now THAT's a waltz! Very cool. I see what you mean about the beat. In some places it's kind of tough to figure out what's happening. In those places it seems like it would be tough one to dance to. smile You didn't seem to have any trouble handling it. Really well played. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

SH-- I even like the name of this one. Super nice nice piece. You piqued my curiosity and I would love to know what you improvisised on and what is written.

Monica-- Another beauty. It really sounds like it could have words to it. Tracy Chapman maybe? It's just gorgeous. And of course you play it like it's yours. smile

"Nothing moves...where would it go?"
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052595
02/17/08 03:54 PM
02/17/08 03:54 PM
Gulf Coast
Babs_ Offline
Babs_  Offline

Gulf Coast
11. Schubertian - Haydn Sonata #59, First Movement thank you for introducing me to the music of Hadyn, I enjoyed it!

12. rocky - No Holly For Miss Quinn What a cute tune and I loved your playing of it!

13. Peyton - Chopin Waltz What Fine work on a fine waltz!

14. Adaigo - Serenade What a romantic tune and I just loved your playing of it!

15. I played it better at home - Arietta I thought you did an outstanding job of this tune! It was so smooth!

16. rustyfingers - Bethena I am sure your Dad is listening to you play! He is still with you. I am a big fan of Joplin music!

17. jotur - Cathy Turner - Kansas City Anything blues I love, and I loved the way you played this bluesy tune!

18. silla - Where He Leads Me I don't know this piece but feel like I should, I really thought you did a wonderful job playing this piece!

19. funburger - Bach: Toccata in Dminor I am impressed with how well you handled this Bach piece, you've come a long way!

20. LisztAddict - Song without Word - Op 19 No 1
OMG I just love this song! It makes my heart sing of love! And I especially loved listening to you play this, you have inspired me to look up this music.

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052596
02/17/08 04:52 PM
02/17/08 04:52 PM
New Jersey
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member
mom3gram  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

New Jersey
Today I listened to the pieces by:
DeepElem
Frycek
etorrales
DragonPianoPlayer
YD
mir1899
LaValse
csc1
TX-Dennis
TThomas
PianoN00B
Euan Morrison
Babs1
Congratulations all of you! You did a fantastic job - there was not a bad one in the group. Very enjoyable, and I'm so impressed with the talent here.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052597
02/17/08 07:05 PM
02/17/08 07:05 PM
Toronto
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
Kawaigirl1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Toronto
#11 Schubertian: fantastic playing! Great control shown. I loved it smile

#12 Rocky: You're another one that I look forward to listening to. What a beautitful piece and you had played it wonderfully well. thumb

#13 Peyton: Great rubato playing. This was a very enoyable performance for me. Thank you for sharing smile

#14 Adagio-Michele: I don't know this piece, but the piece was very soothing and tranquille. Beautiful performance.

#15 I played it better at home: Your playing sounded wonderful to me. A very pretty piece.

#16 Rustyfingers: Nice ragtime piece. Great tempo and control of the piece. Fantastic performance.

#17 Jotour: What a delightful swingy piece. I had tremendously enjoyed your performance. I just wanted to get up and dance smile

#18 Silla: Okay, when I got to your performance, the streaming player just got stuck on your piece, meaning I just played it over many times. You had created such gentleness to the music and was so beautifully played. Even though you said this was a voice accompaniment, it could very well pass off as a piano solo.

#19 funburger: I can tell that you had alot of fun playing this piece smile I can ust imagine your fingers go!! You rock girl!!

#20 Lisztaddict: You're such a great pianist. You make everything sound so easy and effortless when in fact it's not. Very enjoyable and thank you.

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052598
02/17/08 08:14 PM
02/17/08 08:14 PM
San Francisco Bay area
Rosanna Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Rosanna  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

San Francisco Bay area
This is my first batch of comments. So far, everyone sounds like a pro to me!

Thanks to Monica for handling the recital again. Thanks to LaValse for hosting the zip files. And thanks to Mahlzeit for the Response Template.

01. Kawaigirl1 - Nature's Fury
You captivated me immediately during the fast runs in the opening. The fury continued throughout the entire piece. The fast runs in the 2nd third were just awesome. It’s not just your wonderful technique but your beautiful expression that makes you one of my fav pianist on this forum. This is just an breathtaking performance and what a way to kick off the recital!

02. epf - Air from Water Music
I really like Handel’s music. You performed the piece in a very stately and very sweet way - although it sounds like contradictory descriptions, that’s what comes to mind. Very pretty.

03. Van - Emptiness
Wow Van, I didn’t realize you’ve only played for a bit over a year. That’s incredible. As I’ve mentioned before, this piece really conveyed the feeling that you intended - loneliness, emptiness. Thanks for sharing a very personal piece.

04. Theowne - Prelude - "Jour de pluie sur les landes" - (Rainy Day
on the Moors)

Theowne, I am floored, speechless, in awe... That was a masterpiece that would make Debussy proud! I can hear the rain, strong at times, light at other times and the moodiness of the moors. I also liked how sometimes the left hand created the dominant sound at various points. And my, when I looked the score, I can see the work it must have taken to put it all down. And 3/4, 5/4, 2/4 - wow. I don’t think I can even play that, not to mention composing it. And I managed to say a lot for being speechless smile

05. Dannylux/Mel - Valse chevaleresque, Op.96c
This piece is wacko, playful, unconventional and delightful. Your performance brought out all these elements with your own personal touch. And the ending was very grand. It’s great that you always find something unusual for us at each recital.

06. Erin_J - The Stranger
Erin, OK, I will be gentle with my comments. YOU ARE AWESOME! It’s not possible that you have only played for 4 weeks. If this is not talent, I don’t know what is. The expressiveness, the clean nice touch, and a solidly long piece too. You are our rising star.

07. Mr_Super-Hunky - Path of Repentance
Well Mr SH, you did it again. Very nicely played. I didn’t hear any “lack of confidence” and anything that made it sound like you’re not
fully in control of the playing.

To be continued...

[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052599
02/17/08 08:22 PM
02/17/08 08:22 PM
Newcastle, Australia
Erin_J Offline
Erin_J  Offline

Newcastle, Australia
Oh wow - thankyou everyone for your comments! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive. I was very nervous about submitting a piece but you have all made it very worthwhile.

I have listened to the recital and I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on individual pieces - but I really loved everyone's pieces. It's fabulous to listen to what can be achieved in a relatively short amount of time.

Thanks so much for this experience everyone!

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052600
02/17/08 10:55 PM
02/17/08 10:55 PM
Seattle, Washington
S
Secondo Offline
Secondo  Offline
S

Seattle, Washington
I listened to another batch of great recital pieces. Here are some more comments:

15 - I played it at home: Great job! After hearing you play it, I like this piace a lot. Thanks for submitting it.

16 - Rusty Fingers: I'm getting my Joplin book out. You are quite accomplished!

56 - Mistaya - My teacher wanted me do Sinfonias. Thanks for submitting this so I am inspired to play them!

57 - Triryche - Good job. Very nice to listen to.

58 - dk21208 - How fun! I love it.

41 - TX Dennis - Very micely played. You have a delicate touch. The piece comes across as very meditative.

42 - TThoms (Tina) - This sounds like a recording!

43 - PianoNOOb(Yang) - Sounds like raindrops. You have a very fine touch. This piece is very well played.

44 - Euan Morrison - Very nice recording. I enjoyed it very much.

45 - Babs1 - Nice job of setting the mood. I like your even tempo. Good job!

46 - Euphonatrix - WOW. I am impressed. Very nice counterpoint.

47 - Rockpeter - You ave very musical. Keep going with this one.

48 - Greg F - good job! Delicate playing and nice articulation.

49 - Ray Metz - I can tell you like this piece. Amazing for the time you have spent at the piano! Thanks for sharing!

I have enjoyed listening to each and every piece! Thanks so much for submitting.

Baldwin SF-10 320152, Marshall & Wendell, Steinway B
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052601
02/18/08 12:47 AM
02/18/08 12:47 AM
The Netherlands
pevawi Offline
pevawi  Offline

The Netherlands
21. Lisztener - II Danza de la moza donosa

Very well done I'm very impressed by the way you can play one hand soft and one hand loud over it!! That is extremely hard.

22. Seaside_Lee - Night & Day - Seaside Style!

You keep amazing me playing by ear and yet not sounding like it's chords versus a melody. Before I know this forum I wouldn't believe this was possible.

23. mahlzeit - Something in F

How do you come up with that! It must be so great having those melodies just bottled up in you and be able to play them whenever you like. Great job!

24. Ted Stanion - Prélude in F-sharp major, Op. 28, No. 13

I said it before and will again: anybody that can play anything from Chopin is a accomplished pianist in my book. I only play a very small amount of his repertoire (only the first note from every piece he has written wink ) I did enjoy this performance! The piano is not all that bad.

25. BB Player (Greg) - Nefeli

Very very smooth could be a professional recording as far as my ears can hear! Nice song also!

26. Mark... - AlfredMelody2

Well you know already wink

27. Copper - A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square

This is one of those songs you can hum along with without knowing the title/words or anything strange isn't it? Very nice work, like your list of all players that played this "and me" laugh

28. bluekeys - Serenade

Wow.. the bass on your piano is fantastic. Very nice playing also! I love this serenade definitely going on repeat a several times.

29. Honnli / Steven - To Zanarkand

Don't know what is more famous the music or the game but you play a stunning version of it! You put great emotion in there. And that after 4 years gives me hope!

30. Keith W - Bach Invention 1 in C Major

Well done.. after 5 months!!! You surely didn't pick a easy one to show off and than you pulled it off as well. Great job! Way better arpeggio then I can do!

Kawai K6
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052602
02/18/08 01:09 AM
02/18/08 01:09 AM
B
bluekeys Offline
1000 Post Club Member
bluekeys  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
B

11. Schubertian - Haydn Sonata #59, First Movement (Allegro)
If it made me play like you, I'd eat bananas by the boatload! The Haydn was wonderful.

12. rocky - No Holly For Miss Quinn
You can take the bag off now, Rocky, that was great. Very melodic, kind of emotional. I really enjoyed it.

13. Peyton - Chopin Waltz 69/1
I think I'm going to start a Peyton fan club. You are an incredibly versatile pianist (among your many talents). Great job on the Chopin.

14. AdagioM (Michele) - Serenade
Very moving rendition, Michele. Doesn't sound like you lost much by taking a break.

15. I played it better at home - Arietta
IPBAH, No cause for PRBs (post-recital blues) over this piece. I'd love to be able to play that well. Very clean.

16. rustyfingers - Bethena
Great job, Rusty. Joplin is always enjoyable, and challenging! BTW - I'm going to look at some Charles Walters tomorrow, so it was nice to hear one played well, even if thru a maze of audio and digital technology.

17. jotur - Cathy Turner - Kansas City
Very entertaining, Cathy! Nice to hear a good old-fashioned 12-bar shuffle amidst all this high brow classical stuff!

18. silla - Where He Leads Me
Very moving, silla. A beautiful melody, flawlessly executed. I love how it builds in power, then resolves in quiet calmness.

19. funburger - Bach: Toccata in Dminor
Interesting choice. Intense, yet, well, fun. I could not even imagine trying something that difficult, yet you made it sound easy. Great job!

20. LisztAddict - Song without Word - Op 19 No 1
A relaxing piece done with a quiet understated competence. I enjoyed it as much as your Schubert-Liszt. You have become one of my favorite players on this forum.

21. Lisztener - II Danza de la moza donosa
Lisztener, I don't envy your position between LisztAddict and Seaside_Lee, yet you more than held your own. Beautiful selection, executed skillfully.

22. Seaside_Lee - Night & Day - Seaside Style!
Always a pleasure to listen to you, Lee. Your creative energy is awe inspiring.

23. mahlzeit - Something in F
You are a man of many talents, Matthijs. That was quite beautiful, especially for an off-the-cuff composition. We all owe you one for the tech support on this. It's been an incredible success.

24. Ted Stanion - Prélude in F-sharp major, Op. 28, No. 13
Nicely played, Ted. I was not familiar with this piece (being a semi-literate rock and blues guy). Very enjoyable.

25. BB Player (Greg) - Nefeli (to do)
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces. I've downloaded the music, now I just need the time and skill to play it. Your rendition was superb!

26. Mark... - AlfredMelody2
Great job, Mark. I'm listening to this for about the third time now, and the timing and dynamics are really done well. Even though these are "training pieces" it's clear you've taken the time to learn and perform them at a high level. I look forward to hearing you in future recitals.

27. Copper - A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
Well done, Copper. A beautiful standard played in a simple yet moving rendition. Very enjoyable.

28. bluekeys - Serenade
Who let this guy in the recital? We need a bouncer!

29. Honnli / Steven - To Zanarkand
A superb rendition of what is becoming one of my favorites. You bring out the contrasts in the piece with power and skill. Very professional.

30. Keith W - Bach Invention 1 in C Major
Nicely done, Keith. This is on my list of pieces to learn. Hearing yours inspired me to move it up a tad. For 5 months, it's amazing!

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052603
02/18/08 01:25 AM
02/18/08 01:25 AM
Massachusetts
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member
rustyfingers  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Massachusetts
Originally posted by bluekeys:
BTW - I'm going to look at some Charles Walters tomorrow, so it was nice to hear one played well, even if thru a maze of audio and digital technology.
How fun. I hope the ones you play are in better tune than mine is on this recording! Let us know how it goes.

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052604
02/18/08 05:29 AM
02/18/08 05:29 AM
L
Lisztener Offline
500 Post Club Member
Lisztener  Offline
500 Post Club Member
L

Second post of comments,

11 — Schubertian — Haydn Sonata #59, First Movement (Allegro) — Haydn

Although I’m unfamiliar with this work, I highly commend you for your brilliant play. Your dynamics and technique are enviable. I imagine myself two centuries ago sitting amongst royals in a powdered wig, ruffled shirt and waistcoat occasionally nodding my ostentatious approval to a beautiful lady whose eyes just happened to meet mine at that moment in time. Thank you for the time travel and the beautifully played Haydn.

12 — rocky — No Holly for Miss Quinn — Enya & Nicky Ryan

Enya is fabulous. Your play makes me long to listen to her CDs, but that must wait. Now, I hear her vicariously through you capturing her beautiful voice with your beautiful play. Rocky, the simple player with the simply magnificent musical expression. Great combination. I find it difficult to leave.

13 — Peyton — Chopin Waltz 69/1 — Chopin

Peyton, this is such an expressively beautiful capture of Chopin. Your playing is so romantic that I imagine myself with the woman of my dreams flirting, touching then dancing to your melodious strain. Your play is near perfection and I’m sad to say to my dream that our dance must now come to an end…for a while, madam.

14 — AdagioM --Michele — Serenade — Gillock

Michele, this is so enchanting that it is almost painfully so. Your fingers sing such a beautiful melody that conjures thoughts of lost love along with an image of a beautiful face that is so close in the mind’s eye. Thank you for this beautiful gift.

15 — I played it better at home — Arietta — Gliere

IPIBAH, Gliere and Gillock must have been joined at the hip. Romantic enchantment abounds in this beautifully executed piece. I see myself in the polished surface of your piano keys. You have done the composer and yourself quite proud. This is lovely and memorable. I’ll play it often and bask in its beauty.

16 — rustyfingers — Bethena — Joplin

rustyfingers, I haven’t heard such a beautiful rag since the movie “The Sting”. I do believe that this is the most beautiful rag I’ve ever heard…surpassing that from The Sting. It sure is “A Concert Waltz” the way you so tenderly treat it. Your recording setup is perfect for the results achieved. What a delight. You know that your Dad is loving this.

17 — jotur - Cathy Turner — Leiber and Stoller

Rock on, Cathy! This certainly is a blues chaser and has a great rock and roll beat. I’ll bet you get many cheers and a lot of applause when you play songs of this genre. Wow, this has me shakin’ in my chair! You have a super sound, girl. Keep the hits coming.

18 — silla — Where He Leads Me — Paris

silla, I well remember how beautiful you played “How Beautiful” in the last recital. You chose a great piece then and now to display your excellent touch on the keyboard. Your playing is soul—provoking. You certainly do “embrace the space”, while so doing you surround us, and share your soul with us. Comforting, beautiful play.

19 — funburger — Toccata in Dminor — Bach

funburger, at the rate you are improving you’ll be playing Liszt’s Mephisto Waltz by the time the next recital is upon us. Your piano and mic setup are super. You sure are an adventurer into music and this is a wonderful example. Nicely done, I’ll stay up nights wondering what’s next from you. Bravo!

20 — LisztAddict — Song Without Words — Mendelssohn

LisztAddict, your dedication to producing only the highest quality performance is shining through once again with this piece. As you move up the ladder of difficulty, you have given us an insight into what we must prepare to do. You have done it. This is another sparkling virtuosic performance that has all the nuances of touch that make you the artist you are. This is truly a wonderful gift to us all.

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052605
02/18/08 10:06 AM
02/18/08 10:06 AM
Florida
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member
LisztAddict  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
Originally posted by pevawi:
... Only around 2.25/2.30 there is a solo part you loose the legato a bit but recovers after that fine..
Actually, it's a different kind of legato. laugh
For the most parts of the piece, it's romantic kind of legato (with pedal). For the few seconds you mentioned, it's legato without pedal; kind of like playing Bach.

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052606
02/18/08 10:18 AM
02/18/08 10:18 AM
Norway
Ragnhild Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Ragnhild  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Norway
I wish I had more time to listen, a few more comments:

04 Theowne: Undoubtly inspired by Debussy, but still very much your own, what to say ?, both the piece and the performance are outstanding ! Thankyou

06 Erin_J
What a nice little piece of music, played with such musicalty and confidence after 4 weeks ??

09 Sideshow
Very good playing, what a joy to listen to, thank you !

11 Schubertian:
You are one I'd like as a teacher, your finger control is admirable and you have found a gem of a Haydn movement that I have not heard before, but want to hear again. Very musical playing, makes me think you know Joseph personally wink

13: Peyton
You are so good, I am soooo envious laugh You've become even more classy and a little less jazzy, but without loosing the elegance and joy and entertaining factor, you're a great musician !

16 rustyfingers
What a lovely elegant piece of music and your sophisticated style suits it so well, I'd love to play this Joplin waltz once..

21 Lisztener
Always a pleasure to listen to you, again a wonderful choice of music and you are showing even more virtousity than I've heard before.

34 Frycek
Just lovely, you have such a fine elegant touch and your piano has this unique fragile sound, this performance really moved me

52: Nighteyes
Nice to see you here again, you have such talent, calm and beautiful playing, hard to believe that you have played for such short time.

Ragnhild

Trying to play the piano:
http://www.box.net/public/dbr23ll03e
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052607
02/18/08 12:07 PM
02/18/08 12:07 PM
FL
dk21208 Offline
dk21208  Offline

FL
Thank you, everyone for your contributions. I have enjoyed all the submissions. Thank you to everyone that is motivated enough to provide individual comments (I apologize, but I am not). Thank you to everyone that participated to help make this happen. Good job everyone!

Dean
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052608
02/18/08 01:45 PM
02/18/08 01:45 PM
Toronto
Kawaigirl1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
Kawaigirl1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Toronto
#21 Lisztener: Another charming piece in my books. It's such a delight to listen to each of your performances. You play with such great expression smile

#22 Seaside_Lee: Interesting piece. Loved the glissandos. Nice work!

#23 Mahlzeit: I really admire who can compose their own music smile This piece was very soothing and relaxing. I had really enjoyed the performance. Thanks for sharing this.

#24 Ted Stanion: I personally think any piece by Chopin is difficult and you've doen a marvelous job playing this.

#25 BB Player-Greg: Fantastic performance! This has always been one of my favorite Einaudi piece.

#26 Mark: Very well played. I love the swingy part of the piece.

#27 Copper: I love the soothing effect of the piece. Good job smile

#28 Bluekeys: Excellent playing Bluekeys. This is my favorite Schubert piece and you've captured the feeling and emotions very well thumb

#29 Honnli/Steven: My favorite gaming music smile You've shown great tempo and playing throughout.

#30 Keith W: Good job on bringing out the various voices. Keep up the good work.

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052609
02/18/08 02:02 PM
02/18/08 02:02 PM
Florida
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member
LisztAddict  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
etorrales (Beethoven's 2nd movement of Pathetique sonata) - I am very impressed by the control you have over this piece. The timing, the tone control, balance between hands, balance between melody and accompaniment, everything is just perfect and pleasantly smooth to the ears. There is just one tiny thing I found not on par with the rest of the piece is the ornament at 1:23.

How long have you been playing? What piano is in the recording?

Thank you for sharing this wonderful performance.

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052610
02/18/08 02:24 PM
02/18/08 02:24 PM
Gulf Coast
Babs_ Offline
Babs_  Offline

Gulf Coast
21. Lisztener - II Danza de la moza donosa Your song reminds me of one of my favorite wines from Mendoza,Argentina, "La Vuelta,". It is smooth, well-balanced and elegant.! Thank you for introducing us to a fine Latin composer!

22. Seaside_Lee - Night & Day - Seaside Style! You are just the guy I want see playing the piano when I go to a piano bar!

23. mahlzeit - Something in FThank you so much for all you hard work on the recital! Your tune is so peaceful! Just what I like to wind down with at the end of the day with!

24. Ted Stanion - Prélude in F-sharp major, Op. 28, No. 13 Not familar with this piece but I enjoyed listening to you play this piece!!

[b]25. BB Player (Greg) - Nefeli
This is my favorite song by Einauldi. You did a superb job of bringing out the melody!

26. Mark... - AlfredMelody2] I could swing all night listening to play this swinging tune! Keep up the good work!

[b]27. Copper - A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
What a neat tune! You did a nice job in bringing out the melody!

28. bluekeys - Serenade This is up there on the list of my favorite classical tunes. Just beautiful, listening to it makes me feel joyful!

29. Honnli / Steven - To Zanarkand You did some really nice hand work with this song! What a beautiful song!

30. Keith W - Bach Invention 1 in C Major Wow, I am really impressed with how well you play this after only 5 months!

31. Mike White - Mazurka Op 17. No. 4 I enjoyed listening to you play this, sounds like alot of complex dynamics!

32. Pevawi / Peter - Alfred's medley book 2 Very nice! I always enjoy the music out of this book, what a nice assortment of songs, keep up the good work!

33. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Somewhere Over the Rainbow I love this song and I will never stop loving it, and I loved to listen to you play it!

34. Frycek - Nocturne nr 10 in E Minor John Field is one of my favorite composers. His nocturnes are incredible. I thought you did a superb job handling some of the tricky handwork of the piece!

35. etorrales - Pathetique 2nd Movement What a great piece this is and you play it so well

Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052611
02/18/08 02:49 PM
02/18/08 02:49 PM
Hawaii
polostrings Offline
polostrings  Offline

Hawaii
I'm sad I wasn't able to participate. But after listening to myself on playback , I was glad I didn't participate. :p Listening to all the great piano playing is both encouraging and discouraging. I think we know what I mean.

My memory of recital as a child, was dressing up in a ill fitting tux and bowtie, with flooding pants. I remember kids crying over the piano when they messed up, or running off stage in the middle of a piece.

Then I went to my wife's recital with all adults. All of them, stopped when they messed up, and anounced they were restarting. Some even put stickies on the keys.

Having said all that. I wanted to say, everyone did wonderful and sounded great! What a great group of people, who have come together to enjoy music and piano.

I will definitely add to the next recital, so that the Adult Beginners Forum, can keep the new blood flowing to keep the "Beginners" legitimate in the name. laugh At the same time if it was truly all beginners, we wouldn't be burning the CD and listening to it in the car.

Aloha!
[Linked Image]
Re: Recital 9 --- General Discussion Room #1052612
02/18/08 03:09 PM
02/18/08 03:09 PM
Central Texas
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
epf  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Central Texas
Originally posted by LisztAddict:
etorrales (Beethoven's 2nd movement of Pathetique sonata) - What piano is in the recording?
I'm responding to part of this for etorrales since her computer is down. She recorded this on my PX-800 (I have the gear for recording and she doesn't and, as noted, her computer fried a power supply).

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Strich & Zeidler
by Iamwill80. 09/19/19 09:43 AM
Used Pianos from College Sales and other names ;-)
by letsplayit. 09/19/19 06:12 AM
homage to bach
by OscoBosco. 09/18/19 11:53 PM
Kawai CS8 and ES8
by Dkrs60. 09/18/19 08:39 PM
What's Hot!!
Our August Newsletter is Out!
------------------
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics194,102
Posts2,871,006
Members94,447
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission