2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, 3 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Matthijs: Oooh yeah very jazzy...kool

Les (Monster M&H): love the email attachment fab, FAB! like 'em both actually

Greg: so haunting, so christmassy (is that a word?)

epf: nice chorus

Elssa: my that is just so pretty

Serge: nice video...better angle than mine, good quality too

hopefully more comments to follow, I shall pop them onto my MP3 player and try to listen to them all...gigging season is now fully underway and I'm just sooo busy

Lee

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is the Adult Beginner's Forum, right? Have listened to some of the pieces (very nice, by the way), but they sound like they've been played by non-beginning fingers. I feel sort of intimated to post anything (believe me, it will sound like a beginner, if I do).

By the way, please don't let my post discourage anyone from posting. Was just voicing my thoughts. smile

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Akira:

Yes, this IS an adult "beginer" forum and while there are many *advanced* beginers here, rest assured that many of us are not!.

The only way we all can hear your progress is for you to post up your music at your current ability levels. For many of us, our greatest satisfaction is not only to listen to nice piano music but also hearing the growth and improvement of our members.

You will not find a more supportive gathering of piano enthusiasts anywhere on the planet so please join us and post up some of your music for all of us to enjoy.

B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
Yes, it's confusing to me how AB's "rank" themselves here in the piano forum because there are all levels represented. While they are all adults, they do not represent a "true beginner" unless they are in the (for example) Alfred 1 and 2 books.

Perhaps they are using the idea that the opposite of a beginner is a "performer" or a person established in "classical literature", and therefore, every thing else in between the "true beginner" and the "performer" is in this forum. Perhaps, "Adult Learners" would be a 2nd title, above the "Adult Beginner", and perhaps "Returning Adult" would identify another facet of the AB's, with the higher level being "Adult Musician".

Something to think about. But I think AB's are very happy in their forum, a group of enthusiastic, supportive, and friendly adults.

To a piano teacher, and the method book publishers levels are:

Preparatory - Primer - Beginner - Easy Elementary
(All introductory and orientation for basic notation and beginning skills development)

Elementary (Level 1)

Late Elementary (Levels 2-3)

Early Intermediate (Levels 3-4)

Intermediate (Level 4)

Late Intermediate (Level 4-5-6)

Advanced

Professional

There are other ways to label these, and a difference of opinion may occur depending on the series being used, or the grading levels of certain "testing" membership associations.

The levels bring a student up through difficulty levels with the objective being proficiency and fluency in learning to play the piano.

Betty

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Rosanna, that is a very pretty piece. I'm not familiar with it, but I think you played it quite well.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Balladeer, nice job on Silent Night. It's nice to hear different interpretations of the classic Christmas songs.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I've been listening to the xmas pieces backwards.

Balladeer.....I love this jazzy version of Silent Night. Is this your own improv?

Rosanna....I have not heard of this piece before, but it is a very charming piece.

gaffster....What a pretty version of o holy night. I love how your played the ending.

rocky.....fantastic rendition of frosty the snowman! Everything was perfect smile

gaffster...this piece, "time of the year" is unfamiliar to me. However, I like the bounciness of the piece.

rustyfingers....what a beautiful piece! I had really enjoyed listening to it. Love the sound of your piano too.

i played it better at home...another beautiful piece and very well played.

serge88.....It's really neat to hear different versions of silent night. Txs for sharing smile

mark....this is a much more traditional sounding version of greensleeves than mine which is very nice to hear. Great job mark thumb

epf....txs for sharing....i have a glass of eggnog in hand listening. thumb

elssa.....i like the intro...quite lovely

monster...i always look forward to your renditions... thumb

B
B
Hi Kawaigirl1 ...

I'm happy you enjoyed my pieces. These are my arrangements - but of course I cannot yet play them on the fly. Getting them arranged and played up to an acceptable speed usually takes me a couple of hours. Settling on my chord choices is the difficult part - so much candy to choose from! ... but that's also the fun part for me.

Thanks again.

Balladeer

Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I finally had a chance to listen to the chrismas recital,

S-H, good improvisation.

Peyton, nice singing.

Malhzeit, I like that nice jazzy sound.

Balladeer, christmas spirit.

C7, great and you have a good memory. eek

Irishmak, sweet.

M&H good performance.

Elssa, lovely.

Epf, another beautiful White Christmas.

Mark, really nice.

Kawaigirl1, You play like a pro.

I play it better at home, yes I agree thumb

RustyFingers, very well played.

Gaffster, Great job performance.

Rocky, that is really good.

Rosanna, great I prefer the piano version.

Thanks everyone for sharing this beautiful music.

Serge

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I still have a few more to listen to, but I wanted to pop in, first to say thanks for listening and being so generous and kind with your comments.

Also, guess what? I played an abbreviated version of my holiday piece live for my in-laws (a room of 7 people) tonight without throwing up on anyone. It was far from perfect, but I did it, and I have you guys to thank for that.

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi everyone smile

Here's my video submission eek

If you click on this link to my blog:-

Click here to go to seasides blog

I have just posted a video recorded (sadly on the secondary camera of my mobile phone) but, it gives you an idea of what it is like playing my favourite (its a kinda love hate relationship to be honest) out of tune lobby piano.

Somewhere in there is "Have yourself a merry little Christmas"

Merry Christmas everyone thumb

Lee smile

Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Lee, too bad the video is not really good. I have a Casio Ex-Z750 I can do video and photo on a memory card and it's not expensive.

Serge

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/yqcsyhyia3">Oh Christmas Tree</a>

<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/cy339apazi">What Child Is This</a>

I hope they're not too awful. mad

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Seaside,
Wow, that really gives me an idea what it's like to be playing for your crowd. Does it bother or at least distract you, all this noise while you play? Do you have to ignore them as much as they are ignoring you?!

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Serge:

Yes, the video isn't very good but, it should give you a feel for what its like playing in a busy lobby/bar area eek . I'm looking into a better way to record the video...but that noise is just how it is!!!

Hi Rosanna:

Do you have to ignore them as much as they are ignoring you?!
The secret is to just play for yourself and blank it all out for a while, after a few minutes your heart beat returns to normal and its okay from then on.

In the early evening most people just ignore you or they give maybe a little smile but at 2-00 AM in the morning! that lounge is a whole different experience!!...people have had a great time and want the party to carry on and if you sit on that piano you better be ready for requests!, drunks!, hot chicks smile (and erm...not so hot chicks help )and mad sing-a-longs (I love every moment of it to be honest laugh )

I know it was a difficult video to watch so thanks for taking a look and saying something nice (at least there was no singing in this one wink )

Lee
smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
rocky: Frosty the Snowman was cute

Tx: Oh Christmas Tree is just lovely how could that be awful? its delightful and what child is this is fab too...very nice playing as always

Lee

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
TXDennis, both pieces were great! I like the rhythm, the bluesy sound and feel very much. And they were very well played.

Seaside, I know you are having fun, and I am really happy for you. (BTW your singing in the other demo video did make me laugh - but it's always a good thing to make others laugh!)

[Linked Image]
G
G
Hi all. I've had great fun listening to all of the holiday songs. Isn't Christmas a great time to know how to play a little piano?! Here's my musical wish to you all.

Have Yourselves a Merry Little Christmas

Mike

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
grrmike2, that's sweet! very clear recording quality too.

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Nice job, GRRMIKE2. Thanks for the good wishes - right back at ya, sir.

Seaside, Rosanna you are both too kind, as usual.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission