2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, 7 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
z32 Offline
Hehe, time to resurrect this thread!

Since I do a lot of video game pieces, I decided to post this latest song here too. I just finished posting it at the piano bar, but I wanted to contribute to this thread as well. This is from the game, Final Fantasy VIII, and is entitled "Eyes On Me."

Hope you all enjoy!
Eyes On Me

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
That was fantastic playing Z32 smile

What a beautiful piece. I've seen this piece in my piano book but never knew what it sounded like. Thanks for introducing me to the piece.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Ben:

Loved your playing as always. This piece is very nice but also a little different sounding than the rest of the final fantasy pieces.

To me, this piece has a more movie soundtrack sound to it. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Your playing is spot on as well. Thanks for sharing with us.

z32 Offline
Thanks for the comments KG and Mr. S-H! Yea the thing with the music from Final Fantasy is that, although they are all composed by the same person, each game in the series has a different musical theme. Hence you get many songs that have a different style to them.

z32 Offline
Oh, and I found this youtube video which shows the original version of the piece I did. It really inspired me to learn the song even more.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HNefNLOHVYk

The music and playing on display here are quite wonderful. I think this whole line of thinking has tremendous value because:

1) My son got the piano bug last Nov. after hearing the Halo 3 "Believe" commercial. He was so taken with the music that he searched out what it was, found sheet music for it and taught to himself on his sister's 66 key electronic keyboard. The he researched Chopin and the circumstances surrounding the compositon of the Raindrop Prelude. He has taught himself several other classical pieces since then, and after a 2 month search, we (yesterday) bought a used Pramberger JP175 (5'9" baby grand). As Humphrey Bogart said in Casablanca, " . . . I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

2) It occurs to me that a junior high school or high school program teaching piano, but centered on music from video games and anime could draw many, many kids who would otherwise never put fingers to (non-computer) keyboard. I think I'm gonna have to follow up on this idea, when I'm not learning how to play the soon-to-appear piano!

I'm looking forward to much playing, listening and, eventually, sharing here.

2002 Y.C. Pramberger JP-175
Keep your eyes, ears and mind open!
z32 Offline
Yarrr! I'm back from my long break with a vengeance! Hurray for vacations! laugh
Anyways, just wanted to add my latest piece here as well, if you didn't catch it in the Piano Bar.

Game: Final Fantasy VII
Piece: Tifa\'s Theme

Hope you all enjoy it!

z32 Offline
I forgot that this thread was also for anime music, so here's my first anime submission here.

It's from the anime, Naruto, and is entitled, Sadness and Sorrow. It's actually very simple to play, but the emotion the song brings out is something else(although I'm not sure if I'm the right person to bring that out lol!)

Anyways, here it is; hope you like!

Anime: Naruto
Piece: Sadness and Sorrow

S
S
z32, your rendition of Eyes on Me was very nice. I think that's the same one I'm trying to learn myself (from the FF8 piano collections, right?). I'm printing out the sheet music as we speak... hoping to come up with a rendition that's good as yours.

Roland HP203
Hey guys.
I just wanted to say how excited I was when I saw this thread.
With my NEW PIANO COMING TOMORROW!!! I will be posting here if you don't mind :p

Yay for piano forums.

"Derrrr dat wuz gud"
z32 Offline
Thanks , for the kind words sorjai! Actually, to be honest, I actually unknowingly(at the time) left out some notes in that recording. GL though while you learn it! I'd love to hear your version.

I also wanted to upload a quick and easy song to this thread. I just learned it today. Anyways, it's from the game, Saga Frontier for the PS1. It's the opening title song of the game, I believe. I caught it while surfing youtube, and I just had to learn it. Hope you enjoy it!

Opening of a Journey

EDIT: Here's another song I just finished today. It's the Bubbleman theme from the classic game, Megaman.

Bubbleman\'s Theme

What a beautiful music! I loved the Naruto Sadness and Sorrow smile

I only have this tiny song to contribute (7 months of playing), but here it is anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnvCPoSBOcM

Wow, how have I not noticed this thread until now? There has been some great music posted so far, particularly by z32! Eyes on Me is something I'd like to learn sometime.

Kawaigirl1, I know its been a while since you posted it, but great job with 'On the Shores of Another World'. I can't believe you learnt it as quick as you did! I've been attempting that tune for about a week now and can only play the first 12 or 13 measures at a reasonable tempo.

Here is my first (but probably not the last) contribution to this thread:

Path of Repentance - Final Fantasy X Original Soundtrack Piano Solo (not the version from the Piano Collections book)

Excuse the mistakes and the overall poor quality, I've only been playing for about 9 months. I tried to record a video of this using my webcam, but for some reason the video was very off sync with the audio so I didn't bother with it. Perhaps I'll try and get a better recording of this as a video soon and edit this post.

"All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals." - Homer Simpson
[Linked Image]
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/MastahUK
z32 Offline
That was really beautiful Rob! This piece is actually one of the 1st "big" pieces I learned on the piano as well. Prob my fav FFX piece! I also love the sound of your piano! What type do you have?

Casyopea, that was a beautiful rendition of Zelda's Lullaby! Really brings back the memories! Keep em comin!

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Casyopea:
What a beautiful music! I loved the Naruto Sadness and Sorrow smile

I only have this tiny song to contribute (7 months of playing), but here it is anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnvCPoSBOcM
Well done...

Wow guys, beautiful music I am so impressed! smile

I am amazed that video games have such beautiful music. Maybe thats what I need to do start playing video games!

I would love to have a book of all this music. I know I have the music to the Path of Repentance somewhere on my bookshelf, maybe I should go look for it............that could take hours!

Originally posted by z32:
That was really beautiful Rob! This piece is actually one of the 1st "big" pieces I learned on the piano as well. Prob my fav FFX piece! I also love the sound of your piano! What type do you have?
Wow, thanks! laugh

I'm actually using a digital piano, my 'Roland RD-300SX', recorded straight into audacity through the line in ports of my sound card.

Babs, you don't even need to be familiar with the games to play and appreciate the music. If you're interested in purchasing some sheet music, a book I'd highly recommend is "FFX Piano Collections". There are several great pieces in there, but here are a few YouTube videos of my favourites to whet your appetite!

To Zanarkand - I play a version of this I taught myself by ear, but I want to learn this version soon.
Suteki Da Ne - I'm learning this one now. I'm about 90% complete, just need to learn from 2:18 onwards in that video. Expect my recording soon! smile
Path of Repentance - Heres the Piano Collections version (much better version) of the song I uploaded yesterday.

"All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals." - Homer Simpson
[Linked Image]
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/MastahUK
uh.... heres a digital piano version of zanarkand .. i have other pieces but its like 70MBS! I'll record it in a different format next time and upload it here.

http://www.box.net/shared/n1me7r78cs

I am piano noob today; I will be piano pro tomorrow.

Started Piano 7-2007.

By the way, call me Yang. smile
Lovely thread.

I am working on To Zanarkand next myself. Too well composed to not know how to play it if you are a big FF fan.

Here is a song I did from Lunar: The Silver Star Story.

The Sad Piano Theme.

http://www.sarugruv.com/music/lunarsad.mp3

PS. PianoNooB, you ever take that picture of the Raisins and Almonds sheet music? ;[[[

There is hope in the despair.
z32 Offline
Just wanted to upgrade this thread as well since my latest song is an anime piece.

Anime: Bleach
Going Home

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission