2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 55 56
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Sonata:
Here, finally, I've got it! They are my piano, my cute pet, and sunny garden, they are all more beautiful than me smile
Sonata - the reptile is cute. He does look like E.T. Reptiles are cold blooded, but I think they are so precious. We have an "iggy" at home - big iguana monster - but he's precious - go figure?
I'll post it (later, later).
Nice stuff.

Sharon smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It's cool being able to put a face with a name now!

Sharon, I must say you have very beautiful eyes. And I know you told us not to notice, but I really just couldn't help myself....that room is messy!!! laugh

When I reach the place I'm going, I will surely know my way.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Copper:
Me hard at work!
smile

[Linked Image]
Copper, somehow I didn't picture you quite this way. Nice grand by the way too! laugh

When I reach the place I'm going, I will surely know my way.
Here I am...sailing. [Linked Image]

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx
Here I am...sailing. [Linked Image]

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx
Sorry for the double post! Here I am in my studio.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

You know, Hobie, posting a photo like that really makes it hard to get back to work. Where were you sailing? Those jagged peaks in the background are dramatic.

[Linked Image]
This is from earlier this winter.
[Linked Image]
This is me in my glamorous piano studio...hahaha

Monica
That sailing shot is Jackson Lake last summer. Those are the Tetons in the background. Did I mention that Jackson Hole is really beautiful? Every day I count my blessings living in a place that is so magical.

Sorry for posting over and over, I am just figuring out how to do these images!

P
P
Hobie - now I understand your icon. that's a nice boat you have there and a great looking place to sail it - I'm looking forward to the summer so I can get back to sailing - the great lakes is also a good place for sailors

Hi Sharon, my turtle needs worm water in the winter, I bought a temperature meter for him to keep the water warm. And he likes fish dinner, not the turtle foods smile
[Linked Image]

In my this life, I will enjoy playing the piano
In my next life, I will become a pianist
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Sonata:

BTW: I can't really tell from the pix - is it a land turtle or water?

Cool. Before we had the iggy, we had like soo many other pets.... we also had turtles - red ear sliders - they died a horrible death. I didn't realize they needed warm water - and a filter and heat lamp and so much junk. We used to feed them goldfish (which was a little sad, but interesting to watch they lop off the heads of the goldfish). These exotic pets are not some fly by night hobby - they need proper care and upkeep - otherwise, they die. It's a full time job - practically. Once proper care is "established" then they pretty much take care of themselves.

We also had a yellow plated lizard (he used to eat jumbo crickets (interesting to watch) - we even brought it to the veterarian because it had like an absess.... - it lived 6 months after the "operation"... we were going to get a box turtle.... but now I am into Piano and I really don't have the time to care for a house full of pets anymore.... so it's just the iggy and our doggy, which is basic.

Don't be disappointed, but I may not post up a pix of Sonny (iggy)... I'll have to decide later on.

Good talking to you.
Sharon smile

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Hobie,

Looking at your pics, you just gave me a great idea!!

For the longest time, I have been searching for a nice piano lamp. however, non of them really fit too good while sitting on the piano. Also, the possibility of the lamp falling over when too far over-extended always worried me as if I were to scratch my piano, I would probably go on a killing spree I would be so mad!

You've solved my problem!!, simply mount a long extending lamp onto a nearby wall!...Genius!!

At least in my little world! thumb

Hi Sharon, I'm sorry for your turtle.
Mine is both land and water. But we don't feed him with fish, we feed him with fish foods.
and we use a heat lamp, I don't know how long he can live, someone told me about 30 years. Anyway, I hope he could live longer than me smile , and nice to talk to you too!

In my this life, I will enjoy playing the piano
In my next life, I will become a pianist
Super-Hunky
I am very noise sensitive. Things like faint ticking from clocks and slight buzzing/ringing sounds annoy the heck out of me. The piano light situation...no matter hat light I used they all buzzed and rattled while I played. The only solution was the desk lamp on the wall. The added bonus is that it folds up almost completely flat against the wall when not in use, making it almost impossible to bonk your head against it. (I am a litle clumsy)
Glad you picked up on that!
Hobie
PS There is nothing warm and sunny about where I live.

Okay, all this talk of turtles and amphibians and iguanas and stuff compels me to add that we have a tiger salamander. My daughter received it two years ago when one of her schoolmates showed up at her birthday party with a plastic bag containing the thing. (I suspect the mom just wanted it out of HER house!) Can you imagine my joyful reaction to this creative present?

We must be overfeeding it because it is now huge (about ten inches long). It is the most boring pet in the world. All it does is sit in its tank, until we dump in the week's supply of crickets, at which point it will snap wildly for about 30 seconds and then go back into its slump.

The pet store guy told me that salamanders can live 10 years. Sigh.

Sounds like a great candidate for a "class" pet. Does your daughter's science teacher have a birthday coming up soon?

Dean
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Man, talk about re-gifting.

markb--The Count of Casio

Oh, I tried, believe me. That idea got NOWHERE with my daughter, and I was not willing to go down in history as the Mother Who Got Rid of Her Daughter's Beloved Salamander Against Her Protests, Boring Though He Might Have Been.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ok i am not really comfortable loading pics so i got a fuzzy one of me with my son in san diego--then 9 months, but still the same. anyhow hope this works!!! still waiting to get my new piano----they said they mailed out my check before the old check is in the mail---well got into contact on tues then said oh yeah its here then they were sending it out---argh---anyhow should be on the way. here is my old one.....the one i am using now.... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
we will see if the pics post....

If it ain't fun I ain't doin' it:)
Page 4 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 55 56

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission