Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
64 registered members (accordeur, anamnesis, Beakybird, Almaviva, 20 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
#1008307 - 10/07/08 09:14 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
I did it! I thought I played it at a good tempo but everyone was singing so slowly, that I had to slow it down considerably. But, I don't feel bad... small success one at a time!


[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1008308 - 10/07/08 09:32 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 210
Ivory Dreams Offline
Full Member
Ivory Dreams  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 210
Central NC
Congratulations piano4!


[Linked Image]

You can own a Chickering, Christifori, or Steinway, but if you can't play it.... It is just a piece of eye candy.
#1008309 - 10/07/08 09:33 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 210
Ivory Dreams Offline
Full Member
Ivory Dreams  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 210
Central NC
Actually, I can probably say that better


CONGRATULATIONS PIANO4!


yippie cool yippie laugh wow


[Linked Image]

You can own a Chickering, Christifori, or Steinway, but if you can't play it.... It is just a piece of eye candy.
#1008310 - 10/09/08 01:12 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
lizzy's dad Offline
Full Member
lizzy's dad  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Suburb of Seattle
I'm late, I know...still going, at least an hour a day.

I just "celebrated" my 1 year aniversary with a piano teacher. I'm impress that she's put up with me for a whole year. Hopefully, I'll be doubly impressed next year.

thumb

l's dad

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#1008311 - 10/09/08 07:33 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member
TTigg  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Southern California
Quote
Originally posted by lizzy's dad:
I'm late, I know...still going, at least an hour a day.

I just "celebrated" my 1 year aniversary with a piano teacher. I'm impress that she's put up with me for a whole year. Hopefully, I'll be doubly impressed next year.

thumb

l's dad
Bloody good job mate, I bet you've improved SO much and are enjoying it even more. Congrats! thumb


"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
#1008312 - 10/09/08 09:13 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
Thank You Ivory Dreams! It's a good feeling. And Congratulations l'dad! That is also an awesome good feeling! Keep it going1


[Linked Image]
#1008313 - 10/13/08 12:44 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member
TTigg  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Southern California
Still going strong despite starting late in the year. Have the following "work" travel booked so I'll need to be excluded from those days..

October
20th, 21st & 22nd

November
3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th

cool


"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
#1008314 - 10/13/08 03:38 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 44
Beth K Offline
Full Member
Beth K  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 44
Indiana
Going strong here, too, even though I haven't had time to update my log. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a very squeaky sustain pedal right now, which is a little annoying! But my technician is coming out ASAP to fix it. I just try to ignore it while I'm practicing!


I'd like to teach the world to sing...

Sohmer & Co. 77T (5'9") in Satin Ebony with PianoDisc IQ system
#1008315 - 10/13/08 05:06 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
i'm keeping on also. Work and grad course are keeping me a bit busy, but I will have time this evening. Beth K my sustain pedal squeaked on my clavinova and the dealer told me to use some WD 40. It worked...no more squeak! Take care everyone:-)


[Linked Image]
#1008316 - 10/17/08 05:37 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,198
Les Koltvedt Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Les Koltvedt  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,198
Canton, MI
You can drop me off the list...lately too preoccupied with other things and have even suspended lessons for the short term...still tryin to pick myself up by my boots...lol

thanks for takin the time....

MonsterMH


Les Koltvedt
LK Piano
Servicing the S. Eastern Michigan Area
PTG Associate
#1008317 - 10/17/08 06:22 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Mark...  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Jersey Shore
Quote
Originally posted by Monster M&H:
You can drop me off the list...lately too preoccupied with other things and have even suspended lessons for the short term...still tryin to pick myself up by my boots...lol

thanks for takin the time....

MonsterMH
Ok....hang in there...

#1008318 - 10/17/08 10:11 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
Take care MonsterMH!


[Linked Image]
#1008319 - 10/27/08 08:45 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
Amy Boyack Offline
Full Member
Amy Boyack  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
Dang it! I forgot to practice Saturday. I'm out, but I'm still pretending I'm in because the change in my life has been amazing since I've been practicing every single day. Looking forward to next year's list.
Amy


Amy Boyack
part time piano and voice teacher
http://SisterSingers.com/blog
#1008320 - 10/27/08 04:24 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
I'm still iin so far! Especially since I am learning some pieces to play for various programs. Have some time this evening!


[Linked Image]
#1008321 - 10/27/08 07:09 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 742
angelojf Offline
500 Post Club Member
angelojf  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 742
PA
I'm out.....
Please take me off, Mark.....

However, look out....2009 is right around the corner!

#1008322 - 10/27/08 08:52 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Mark...  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Jersey Shore
Quote
Originally posted by angelojf:
I'm out.....
Please take me off, Mark.....

However, look out....2009 is right around the corner!
Ok...see you in 2009!

#1008323 - 10/28/08 01:20 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
lizzy's dad Offline
Full Member
lizzy's dad  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Suburb of Seattle
Hey Mark,

So far so good. Still practicing. It's taken all year (I started lessons back in Oct 07), but I think I'm finally getting the hang of this hobby.

thumb

Back in January, I'm sure I didn't really know what it would take to practice every day for a year.

Man, it's been a real journey, at times elated by achieving a goal, at times wondering if my fingers had minds of their own, at times sitting on the piano bench, staring at the keys and wondering...why?

Of course, we all know why... wink

Any who, the year is not over yet and there are a lot of potential distractions during the upcoming holiday season.

I'll keep plunking away.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

l's dad

#1008324 - 10/28/08 12:56 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Mark...  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Jersey Shore
Quote
Originally posted by lizzy's dad:
Hey Mark,

So far so good. Still practicing. It's taken all year (I started lessons back in Oct 07), but I think I'm finally getting the hang of this hobby.

thumb

Back in January, I'm sure I didn't really know what it would take to practice every day for a year.

Man, it's been a real journey, at times elated by achieving a goal, at times wondering if my fingers had minds of their own, at times sitting on the piano bench, staring at the keys and wondering...why?

Of course, we all know why... wink

Any who, the year is not over yet and there are a lot of potential distractions during the upcoming holiday season.

I'll keep plunking away.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

l's dad
Way to go LD, I know how much it takes to get that playing in each and everyday. But it really helps you reach you playing goals in the long term.

...before you know we will be signing up for 2009 MOYD...

#1008325 - 10/28/08 06:03 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member
TTigg  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Southern California
Quote
Originally posted by Mark...:
Way to go LD, I know how much it takes to get that playing in each and everyday. But it really helps you reach you playing goals in the long term.

...before you know we will be signing up for 2009 MOYD...
Amen to that. I know I'm later to the game in 2008 than most of you but man, ensuring I cram in daily practice has really helped a lot.

Of course I'm looking forward to 2009 also and the only reason this is possible for me is to be allowed exclusions for work/personal travel. Every other day = fair game smile

thumb


"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
#1008326 - 10/28/08 07:36 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 210
Ivory Dreams Offline
Full Member
Ivory Dreams  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 210
Central NC
I love the MOYD idea. I'm still in. I probably would have practiced ALMOST every day....... But this is solid motivation.


[Linked Image]

You can own a Chickering, Christifori, or Steinway, but if you can't play it.... It is just a piece of eye candy.
#1008327 - 10/30/08 07:23 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 38
marie323 Offline
Full Member
marie323  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 38
California
Unfortunately, I have been experiencing some pain, and I think I need to take a couple of days off to let my fingers and wrist recover. I've been trying to just practice a little bit anyway, but I usually end up doing more than I intended, and the pain isn't going away.

#1008328 - 10/30/08 08:15 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Mark...  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Jersey Shore
Quote
Originally posted by ynaffit:
Unfortunately, I have been experiencing some pain, and I think I need to take a couple of days off to let my fingers and wrist recover. I've been trying to just practice a little bit anyway, but I usually end up doing more than I intended, and the pain isn't going away.
Don't let MOYD get in the way of healing. Let me know when you are back and I'll add you to the excused list.

Feel better

Mark

#1008329 - 10/31/08 08:01 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
I took off last night to complete a research paper and to get some much needed zzzzz's. I'll be practicing for about an hour this evening.


[Linked Image]
#1008330 - 11/05/08 03:13 AM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 107
carolyn227 Offline
Full Member
carolyn227  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 107
Can I join in? I've recently had a renewed desire to play. I used to be pretty good. I've been working on Beethoven Sonata No. 8-- mostly the Rondo, but the eventual goal is to play it all. Also "May Song" by Granados, Chopin Nocturne in F minor, and I started toying with Liszt Consolation No. 3, mostly because I've never played Liszt before and that one seemed like the least intimidating piece in my book. Another piece I want to re-perfect is Clair De Lune by Debussy. I am awful at it right now, but it helped get me a scholarship 13 years ago (I couldn't hack it as a piano major, and I now regret that I dropped out of the program). My goal is to have several songs memorized so I can play at any time when put on the spot. I'd like to learn a variety of styles and periods. I also desperately need to work on my theory. That's always been a weak area for me.

My biggest issue is I have little kids. I am a stay-at-home mom, so I can choose any time I would like to practice, but if I focus too much on that my house doesn't get cleaned. I really want to take lessons again, but the economy is so bad that I'm happy we can pay all our bills (my husband's industry has been severely effected and he frequently goes weeks between jobs). Tonight I practiced for an hour after the kids went to bed. I found it was easiest to practice when my husband was home, because otherwise they are crawling all over me trying to get my attention the whole time.

Another reason I started playing again is because my daughters both seem to have a lot of musical potential. They both love singing, dancing, listening to music, playing the piano(and they're actually quite gentle-- no pounding from them, surprisingly), and making up their own music. I want them to see that music is important to me, and that it is important to practice, from an early age. They are quite young, 2 and 4, and not old enough really for formal lessons, so I'm just trying to influence them positively right now, and I'm working occasionally with my 4 year old with basic piano/music concepts, keeping it light and fun.

So I'm going to try to get a little bit of practice time in every day the rest of the year. Even if it's just 20 minutes-- that's better than where I was before, so it's an improvement!


Pianist and mom to three awesome kids (and budding musicians).
#1008331 - 11/05/08 09:43 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
Hi Carolyn! Welcome aboard. I'm in awe!


[Linked Image]
#1008332 - 11/05/08 09:55 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 244
KeysOnTheCeiling Offline
Full Member
KeysOnTheCeiling  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 244
Oh my god.
I went 2 days pianoless. Jobs are tiem takers.

Im going to make sure Im there every day now till 2009.. Im pumped for the offcial MOYD for 2009!


"Derrrr dat wuz gud"
#1008333 - 11/05/08 10:21 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Mark...  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,489
Jersey Shore
Quote
Originally posted by carolyn227:
Can I join in? I've recently had a renewed desire to play. I used to be pretty good. I've been working on Beethoven Sonata No. 8-- mostly the Rondo, but the eventual goal is to play it all. Also "May Song" by Granados, Chopin Nocturne in F minor, and I started toying with Liszt Consolation No. 3, mostly because I've never played Liszt before and that one seemed like the least intimidating piece in my book. Another piece I want to re-perfect is Clair De Lune by Debussy. I am awful at it right now, but it helped get me a scholarship 13 years ago (I couldn't hack it as a piano major, and I now regret that I dropped out of the program). My goal is to have several songs memorized so I can play at any time when put on the spot. I'd like to learn a variety of styles and periods. I also desperately need to work on my theory. That's always been a weak area for me.

My biggest issue is I have little kids. I am a stay-at-home mom, so I can choose any time I would like to practice, but if I focus too much on that my house doesn't get cleaned. I really want to take lessons again, but the economy is so bad that I'm happy we can pay all our bills (my husband's industry has been severely effected and he frequently goes weeks between jobs). Tonight I practiced for an hour after the kids went to bed. I found it was easiest to practice when my husband was home, because otherwise they are crawling all over me trying to get my attention the whole time.

Another reason I started playing again is because my daughters both seem to have a lot of musical potential. They both love singing, dancing, listening to music, playing the piano(and they're actually quite gentle-- no pounding from them, surprisingly), and making up their own music. I want them to see that music is important to me, and that it is important to practice, from an early age. They are quite young, 2 and 4, and not old enough really for formal lessons, so I'm just trying to influence them positively right now, and I'm working occasionally with my 4 year old with basic piano/music concepts, keeping it light and fun.

So I'm going to try to get a little bit of practice time in every day the rest of the year. Even if it's just 20 minutes-- that's better than where I was before, so it's an improvement!
It starts up again on January 1, 2009

We closed it at the 3/4 mark on Sept 30th.

Hope to see you in late December...

Mark

#1008334 - 11/30/08 07:05 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
piano4 Offline
Full Member
piano4  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 358
Hampton, Virginia
Still hanging in here! This past weekend has been just fantastic for playing!


[Linked Image]
#1008335 - 11/30/08 08:24 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
mcasl Offline
Full Member
mcasl  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Spain
Count me in for the '09 MOYD!


[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Formerly 1WeekPlayer. Currently practicing:
- Arabesque 1. Debussy
- Wiener Urtext Primo collection
http://www.youtube.com/mcasl
#1008336 - 11/30/08 08:33 PM Re: 2008 MOYD List  
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 38
FishWagon Offline
Full Member
FishWagon  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 38
Dacula, GA
Count me in for '09 as well!!!


Have a great day everyone,

Rich
Roland FP-7

Father, thank you, for letting me fly this flight, for the privilege of being able to be in this position, to be in this wondrous place, seeing all these many startling, wonderful things that you have created.

- Gordon Cooper, orbiting earth, 22May1963
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


New Topics - Multiple Forums
Price for 1968 Yamaha console
by twocats. 12/13/17 01:24 AM
Another which to buy Charles Walter vs Vose
by lydecker. 12/12/17 11:15 PM
Sawtooth ST-DCP-61 61-Key Digital Console Piano
by ThePawn. 12/12/17 10:09 PM
Key Top Replacement
by Mickey24. 12/12/17 05:18 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,248
Posts2,678,826
Members89,267
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0